Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Acquires Rock.app

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Your bastardization of the English language aside, could you please explain to me how this is a monopoly that will have negative ramifications to the community, the apps/packages provided, and the pricing of those apps/packages?

Hell, you can create your own repository and have anything you want to be available through Cydia. Notice how pretty much everyone with a brain, including Saurik, is against cracked apps and all, yet you can still access those through Cydia if you take five minutes of your time.

Exactly, jealousy over what appears to be preferential treatment towards Bars and his apps.

Ok I will spend the extra five minutes now to explain to you the other side that your obviously to ignorant to see!

First of this is typing and typing fast so sorry for the "Bastardization english" you speak of...if thats even a word..lol

I have more request and questions to awnser in a day then all the post you have put togather... and us theme creators are one of the main reasons most ppl even jailbreak and we get the most publicity and have to deal with JERKS as yourself.

To say this is NOT a Monopoly then you obviously need to go back to school. Saurik now has complete controll over the community and Iam not going to sit back and watch it happen without putting in my two cents.

YES SAURIK IS A NICE GUY BUT THIS IS BUSINESS....

Somthing you have no clue about and I have a college degree in so if you need more proof on how this is going to hurt the jaibreak community just take a look at history...

Its all the same ****....people want to be able to have complete controll over their profits which us themers already give 30% of

I waited over 30 days recently to get my theme on Cydia which Rock got up in less then 7....the sales were twice as much becuase most ppl on Rock dont look for the pitrated version as you speak of the simply buy the theme and we theme creators take care of the support.

And in TC's defence if you think hes jealous you obviously dont know him! He is by far the least jealous themer on MMI and would do anything to help upcomers and talk with vets so know what your saying before you do becuase you sound like a fool!

Dont get your panties all up in a bunch over this post becuase I am simply replying to the ******** you wrote which this has absolutly nothing to do with you unless your a dev...are you? no didnt think so go bother sombody else and let us take care of what we gotta take care of!

Well hate what I said or love it I dont care yall just met Distruaght....FreeApple's other side =p LMFAO

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeApple For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-09-13)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is a great move. I never understood why Cydia and Rock were competing with each other, when they could combine thier knowledge against Apple. After the last update from Rock that crashed my IPhone I wanted no part of it ever. I prefer reliability over speed & looks. This will be the best thing that happen for jailbreaks.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to E4LIFE For This Useful Post:

Jmataska (2010-09-12), mortopher (2010-09-12)

Thanks

I just wanted to thank Saurik, devs, creators, etc for what you've done for the community. The functionality and feature-set you add to a product that should have these things standard is amazing. I've learned a lot from this thread alone, from the replies of Saurik and others. I think this is one reason this community is so successful is because of the communication exemplified here (i.e. probs highlighted, explanations given, thoughts on possible changes given/received, etc.).

I do think a sense of entitlement has entered the community as the community as grown out of a niche stage, but that seems to be a trend in most areas. Been jailbroken a long time and learned everything by consulting the wealth of knowledge on boards and forums. If people are truly interested in doing it, I do not see why they cannot do the same thing instead of expecting everything on a silver platter.

Anyways, first post, long time lurker on the boards. Again, just wanted to say thanks to the team as well as all those knowledgable individuals who also add to the discussions.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bignick85 For This Useful Post:

Andre8521 (2010-09-13), FreeApple (2010-09-12), mortopher (2010-09-13), soulthoughts (2010-09-13), TCcentex (2010-09-12), Zenitram (2010-09-12)

Not sure I'm happy about this. Zero competition means little need to improve. I appreciate cydia for being slow but stable but I'll miss rocks search functions. Cydia is like YouTube with out a home page. Thousands of stupid "themes" that only change the wall paper and a few icons. You can turn them off but then you don't even have the ability to search for the worthwhile stuff like the upcoming Timeless HD theme.

I'll miss being able to list by reviews, download multipal updates before having to respiring, the ability to search for a ringtone I want with out having thousands of them in the list of new stuff.

Glad cydia is keeping the back up feature.

In the end it doesn't matter how we feel, no othe options

So after reading all 21 pages of posts, God i need a life, i've noticed thar not a single one of you have addressed the REAL issue here and it can be summed up in seven magical words "Show me the meaning of being lonely," possinle the greatest song ever written, quite possibly the most influential words ever written since the Holy Bible. I could always count on rock to make sure that it was the first thing i saw every morning when i checked my updates. Now I certainly hope that saurik realizes the magnitude of this issue and will continue to keep updating it day after day. How can you update the same song every day you ask, well I dont know. But since im assuming that tjese updates are from the backstreet boys themselves I do not question their divine wisdom and i want answers from saurik himself damit, this is obviously the most important issue on all jailbreakers minds.

P.s saurik get some sleep man, much respect

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FreeApple View Post
    First of this is typing and typing fast so sorry for the "Bastardization english" you speak of...if thats even a word..lol
    bas·tard·ize   [bas-ter-dahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to lower in condition or worth; debase: hybrid works that neither preserve nor bastardize existing art forms.
    2. to declare or prove (someone) to be a bastard.
    3. Australian . to harass or humiliate as part of initiation into a college or regiment.
    –verb (used without object)
    4. to become debased.
    Also, especially British , bas·tard·ise .

Origin:
    1580–90; bastard + -ize

—Related forms
    bas·tard·i·za·tion, noun

Some college degree...

To say this is NOT a Monopoly then you obviously need to go back to school. Saurik now has complete controll over the community and Iam not going to sit back and watch it happen without putting in my two cents.
    Please show me where I stated that this was not a monopoly? I acknowledged that it could be viewed as one but then asked how this will have a negative impact on the community. A lot of people seem to think the term monopoly by definition has negative connotations; this is not always the case.

Cydia/Saurik does not have any control over the prices people charge for their apps and themes, nor does he have any control over what repositories you access through Cydia (other than providing you with the default repos). You can even have paid apps in Cydia that take Cydia out of the payment process entirely, thereby preventing Cyda/SaurikIT from profiting at all (even though it was shown the majority of his 30% goes to upkeep fees). PDAnet and Smartscreen are two great examples of this.

Saying he has a monopoly over the community is much like saying my front door has a monopoly over what enters and exits my house. It does not have an actual monopoly over it, it just happens to be the easiest and most logical means of access.

YES SAURIK IS A NICE GUY BUT THIS IS BUSINESS....

Somthing you have no clue about and I have a college degree in so if you need more proof on how this is going to hurt the jaibreak community just take a look at history...

Its all the same ****....people want to be able to have complete controll over their profits which us themers already give 30% of
    Please show me how this will hurt the jailbreak community.

As far as your profits are concerned, I have already pointed out how you can get around this service fee you seem so upset about (Hell, Saurik even pointed it out himself!).

I waited over 30 days recently to get my theme on Cydia which Rock got up in less then 7....the sales were twice as much becuase most ppl on Rock dont look for the pitrated version as you speak of the simply buy the theme and we theme creators take care of the support.
    Saurik already explained this is an issue with the repositories, not Cydia. I believe he stated that MacCiti usually only takes about 12 hours for most themes to be hosted.

And in TC's defence if you think hes jealous you obviously dont know him! He is by far the least jealous themer on MMI and would do anything to help upcomers and talk with vets so know what your saying before you do becuase you sound like a fool!
    I have no issue with TC and have benefited from his posts on this site. However, as you said before, this is a business and to try and say he isn't the lease bit jealous/envious/upset about other theme developer(s) receiving better treatment and exposure, leading to higher profits is just naive. I wasn't trying to bash TC or ridicule him, his views and concerns are legitimate.

Sorry TC if you thought I was bashing or criticizing you, that was not my intention.

Dont get your panties all up in a bunch over this post becuase I am simply replying to the ******** you wrote which this has absolutly nothing to do with you unless your a dev...are you? no didnt think so go bother sombody else and let us take care of what we gotta take care of!
    Don't post in a public forum if you don't want public opinion.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Andre8521 (2010-09-13), robertr1 (2010-09-12), TCcentex (2010-09-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

I have no issue with TC and have benefited from his posts on this site. However, as you said before, this is a business and to try and say he isn't the lease bit jealous/envious/upset about other theme developer(s) receiving better treatment and exposure, leading to higher profits is just naive. I wasn't trying to bash TC or ridicule him, his views and concerns are legitimate.

Sorry TC if you thought I was bashing or criticizing you, that was not my intention.
    Thanks Pag -- i appreciate that. Now I've got to get back to the corner so I can rock back and forth in my jealousy-laden stupor

..as for MY FRIEND Free, his concerns are extremely legitimate. Although he's a relatively new themer his work is absolutely amazing -- his theme was given a lot of attention on Rock because it deserved it and the resulting, well-deserved economic windfall he received has helped he and his family more than you will ever know. He is a perfect example of a Dev that would be completely lost amid all the poo-poo currently on Cydia with little to no exposure under the current Cydia Store setup. Maybe to you he's not as articulate as some others, but his points are right on.
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-09-12 at 10:12 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

Andre8521 (2010-09-13), FreeApple (2010-09-13), mortopher (2010-09-13)

Some college degree...

Please show me where I stated that this was not a monopoly? I acknowledged that it could be viewed as one but then asked how this will have a negative impact on the community. A lot of people seem to think the term monopoly by definition has negative connotations; this is not always the case.
    Some degree huh? let me tell you somthing My knowledge in business from my degree has made me some serious money over the past month so think as you will.

I must have misunderstood the first post with the Monopoly question I thought you were saying it wasnt....

besides that you make no sence....listen to yourself a monopply might not be such a bad thing is basically what your saying...How? Monopoly is always a bad thing.

Here I will state this out so you can get what Iam saying...

1) A monoploly exspecially in this situation with no regards to pirating laws now has the ability to not have any compotition to eevolve or worry about another taking their spot. So in return we are promised the features and things but will never see what we truly want ...

You ever go to a baseball game or somthing of that nature and have to pay $5 for a bottle of water....thats where this is headed you get me now?

2) This has a negative impact on our community becuase now we just lost all ability to provide our customers with sufficent service. Cydia lacks the ability for hot themes...ratings...they can contact a dev but this does not give a list of the software or firmware installed of that user which Rock did. Rock had promotion codes we as devs were able to controll which you can say goodbye too and the list goes on

3) Last but not least we now have 1 store just like the app store but worse my theme sits side by side with its pirated version and Suarik continues to allow illegal material into his website. He even went as far as saving his own *** by puting in a pop up image that saying " this source is known to be illegal do you want to tadd anyway"

CMON Rock never had the ability to add illegal repos then why does cydia?

Suarik knows business ....better then me and you put togsther and he is doing a good job, but we as the consumers the merchents need to stand up for whats right...Why do you think my name is FreeApple.....bwhy do you think 80% ppl jailbroke their devices they were sick of no options and apple holding us down now thats what Saurik himslef is doing!!!

Cydia/Saurik does not have any control over the prices people charge for their apps and themes, nor does he have any control over what repositories you access through Cydia (other than providing you with the default repos). You can even have paid apps in Cydia that take Cydia out of the payment process entirely, thereby preventing Cyda/SaurikIT from profiting at all (even though it was shown the majority of his 30% goes to upkeep fees). PDAnet and Smartscreen are two great examples of this.
    Here you are DEAD WRONG Suarik does have the ability to take aways pirated repos and he doesnt....is this wrong? I think so!
    Suarik does have the ability to moderate and choose the repos he allows on the site
    Suarik needs to be paid without a dough....but 30% of our profits ....dude its almost half if there were more stores they would compete on this profit issue!

He is not just paying for upkeeping fees bro hwe is riding in a lambo! Are you serious? He prolly makes 5-10k a month easy off just being the main hosgt with the most!

Saying he has a monopoly over the community is much like saying my front door has a monopoly over what enters and exits my house. It does not have an actual monopoly over it, it just happens to be the easiest and most logical means of access.

Please show me how this will hurt the jailbreak community.

As far as your profits are concerned, I have already pointed out how you can get around this service fee you seem so upset about (Hell, Saurik even pointed it out himself!).
    That analogy is just stupid....your front door to a markt that has been monopolized?????

I mean I get what your saying in a sence but NO I don not agree 1 bit....this is not the easiest most logical its actually the total opposite...
    creating a repo does not solve any of these problems so that is just a bunch of junk!

Saurik already explained this is an issue with the repositories, not Cydia. I believe he stated that MacCiti usually only takes about 12 hours for most themes to be hosted.

Don't post in a public forum if you don't want public opinion.
    This is a bunch of ******** too! Suarik seems to point fingers quite easily! I know he will probally read one of these post and I want him to know its nothing personal this is business!

But Kyle seriously wrote me personlly like 4 times and I also spoke with MMI repo man a couple times before we got this settled and all of it was becuase of how Cydia is set up we have to be middled before we get our work on the Store. Rock I went on their site uploaded my **** intstantly made me a deb. file and a week later it was up and they waould feature it on their revolving list as TC was stating before with Bars and all with Cydia!

I do want public opinion but you seem to think you know it all and want to bash the ppl who make jailbreaking fun....this is what none of us need! So please as I said and will say it in a different manor dont take this the wrong way its business and I simply am here to not just create things but be part of my customers experince and Cydia takes all that away for me so this is BIG upsetting!

3) Last but not least we now have 1 store just like the app store but worse my theme sits side by side with its pirated version and Suarik continues to allow illegal material into his website. He even went as far as saving his own *** by puting in a pop up image that saying " this source is known to be illegal do you want to tadd anyway"

Here you are DEAD WRONG Suarik does have the ability to take aways pirated repos and he doesnt....is this wrong? I think so!
    Suarik does have the ability to moderate and choose the repos he allows on the site
    Suarik needs to be paid without a dough....but 30% of our profits ....dude its almost half if there were more stores they would compete on this profit issue!
    Strange, never saw people complain about Saurik having a monopoly before Rock was around, and i do not think Installer had any usch complaints either (I might be mistaken but it was basically the only store too right?)

And as for the piracy, Cydia does more against it than Rock ever did. I don't know where you got the information that Rock didn't add pirate sources because it did and without any kind of warning or anything, cydia at least tells you it's wrong.

As for Saurik not taking them down, well don't think I am not against piracy, but I find it funny how at first you complain that Saurik has a monopoly with cydia and can do all the bad things like asking for to big of a cut from developers and moderate content just like apple (neither of which he does) then you go on an say he should be moderating it, practically going against the reason people started creating jailbreaks to begin with...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leonick91 For This Useful Post:

Andre8521 (2010-09-13), mortopher (2010-09-12)

just to clarify I personally tried to add a repo ...and the repo comes up but none of their material did so that why I said that....and with Saurik needing to controll his site has nothing to do wtih limits....
    i hate nothing more then a thief and liers and thats basically what ppl are doing here so.............

well this is the last time youll see me inn this retarted thread that means nothing!

You have 7 post and prolly cracked every version of the greatest themes...lol this thread just makes me mad which
    iam not that type just ask around...

So later ....ill be in the theme forum if any of you wanna know where i am this is just rediculous and I do want to take part in or show any of my anger towards others....bye

He is not just paying for upkeeping fees bro hwe is riding in a lambo! Are you serious? He prolly makes 5-10k a month easy off just being the main hosgt with the most!
    I don't know if it's possible to be any more clear than to say SAURIK HAS NO CONTROL OVER WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR DEVICE, NOT IN WHAT REPOSITORIES YOU DOWNLOAD DATA FROM AND NOT IN WHAT PACKAGES YOU INSTALL. Cydia is open-source. If you want to berate other people for not being developers when they criticize what you have to say, get your hands dirty and cough up some substantial evidence (ergo, "how exactly Cydia stops you from doing something like this.")...

Cydia is not a website. It's not a truck. Cydia is merely the means by which you access repositories of your choosing.
    If you're a developer, make your own repository (it's like three lines in a text file) and add it to Cydia. You didn't have to ask Saurik for permission to do that? Did you? Do you?
    The "moral introspection" warning is simply advisory. Precautionary. It changes nothing. It does not stop you. It does not impede upon your "freedoms."
    Cydia cannot stop you from adding piracy repositories. APT is repository-based - there's always a way. Why bother fighting a losing battle when you can just not fight it at all?

And, yes, most of his supposed 30%-of-every-sale-"income" goes into helping maintain this community of which you yourself are a part.

I'm probably fighting a losing battle myself, it's impossible to convince somebody who is so sure that he's right that he might possibly be wrong about something. Cheers.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you don't understand business.
    You probably do. What you don't appear to understand is this entire community and its core tenets, goals and motivations.
    Last edited by DHowett; 2010-09-12 at 10:52 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DHowett For This Useful Post:

Andre8521 (2010-09-13), mortopher (2010-09-13)

Has anyone else noticed you cannot download intelliborn products from Cydia yet? Are they having server issues? I deleted rock from my phone and my intelliborn products uninstalled themselves! Cannot get them through Cydia yet. This sucks!

--edit-- servers back up. Everything re-downloaded with cydia licenses now. Cool!
    Last edited by farfromovin; 2010-09-12 at 11:07 PM.

@DHowett, well he didnt say cydia stopped him from adding repos, he said it should stop people from adding pirating repos...
    While I m against piracy I am also against such measures so...

And hey if Cydia blocked such repos that would mean the started to distribute it all on forums and such and all the low life pirates with no know-hows which is a lot of them just as with the rest of the jailbreak community would just learn how to ssh things to their devices and so on and so on, making the average stupid pirate smarter and more aware of how stuff works would exactly be beneficial...

but hey that's my views back to the topic at hand maybe

If suarik took away repos he didn't like that would make you hate him even more because he's truly using his monopoly on the jailbroken world to control it. Cydia is just a host. Repos have the control. He's said that probably 10+ times already. He also said exactly what the 30% goes to. When you add up the amounts he said go to upkeep fees he really only gets like 3-6% of the money to keep. Go back a few pages I don't feel like finding it. Also, apple takes 33% of the profits from apps in its app store. And your college degree is showing again saying that 30% is almost half. 30% is 30% or if you want to make fractions out of everything it's closer to 1/3.

Saurik stays out of picking and choosing what things to put in cydia because cydia isn't an all controlling monopoly. The repos pick everything.

Rock and cydia merging is actually good. Why compete when you can merge together and work to make it perfect. You're thinking of this all wrong. Rock and cydia both supported the jailbroken community they didn't exist just to make money from people using them. Without them jailbroken apps on your iphone probably wouldn't be possible. They're just existing so people can sell their products in their own sections of it. In a way cydia is just the middle man. And not the type of middle man that you don't really need.

By the way if you actually were a good business man you'd know that 5-10k a month isn't very good and certainly isn't enough to get you a lambo.........

22. The Following User Says Thank You to robertr1 For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-09-13)

Damn this was one long read. Here are some thoughts.

1. Thanks to Saurik for taking the time to post and reply to many comments.

2. I'm a newbie jailbreaker and while I did find Rock more user friendly, it was nice to have it explained in plain English why at the end of the day it wasn't as good as Cydia in regards to pure safety and functionality with your idevice.

3. I've learned a lot in this thread and encourage everyone to take the time to read an learn how some behind-the-scenes things work. Heck, even developers learned quite a bit. Imagine how much you will.

4. For those complaining about the transition, it's not instant, things will take time. I keep hearing ten days, and it's been about two so far.

5. I find it very telling how Saurik has been in here answering some very tough questions, yet no one at Rock (correct me if I'm wrong) has posted anything in here. I'm a user of Intelliscreen and would love it if they took some time to iron out the bugs in it now that they're not running the Rock app anymore. Will they? Who knows?

6. I wonder if people would be complaining and be as concerned if it were the other way around. If Rock bought Cydia. Hmmm.

Thanks to everyone for the good insight and comments.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zenitram For This Useful Post:

Andre8521 (2010-09-13), bignick85 (2010-09-13)

Cydia great app

What is done is done, no use arguing about it.

So lets just all sit back and see what happens.

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayQuint87 For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-09-13), TCcentex (2010-09-13)

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    Actually, the Cydia bootstrap that came with the iPhone 4 jailbreak contained an iPhone 4 Retina icon. Here is a screenshot from the the day jailbreak launched:

http://modmyi.com/images/jbip4.jpg

If you do not have that icon it is bceause comex's jailbreak got broken at some point and he stopped installing it. This will be fixed in the next Cydia update (I've been avoiding updates to the ecosystem while we finish working out this merging of interests, so chpwn has had time to start helping with the Cydia codebase, which is awesome).

Rock's backup feature will be coming to Cydia. Rock only had faster loading because it did not honor APT correctly, so there were numerous buggy situations where you got screwed: there was even a recent time when Rock was screwing up an installation so core that everyone had to restore... Rock's speed was just because it was sloppy.
    OK... I have NO idea what Saurik is talking about... Rock crashing/screwing up?? Cydia was the one that crashed my ipod THREE TIMES...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to coolguy742 For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-09-13)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

besides that you make no sence....listen to yourself a monopply might not be such a bad thing is basically what your saying...How? Monopoly is always a bad thing.
    A monopoly is not an inherently bad thing. Only once the monopoly is exploited does it become bad.

1) A monoploly exspecially in this situation with no regards to pirating laws now has the ability to not have any compotition to eevolve or worry about another taking their spot. So in return we are promised the features and things but will never see what we truly want ...
    What do pirating laws have to do with Cydia having a potential monopoly over the JB community?

Rock sure seemed to evolve and offer some great competition to Cydia despite your claims that this was not possible.

What features will we never see that we truly want? Saurik has already stated that a lot of the positive aspects of Rock will be implemented in future updates to Cydia.

You ever go to a baseball game or somthing of that nature and have to pay $5 for a bottle of water....thats where this is headed you get me now?
    At the baseball game or movie theater you are not allowed to bring in beverages from outside sources. Cydia does not prohibit you from installing apps/themes by other means.

2) This has a negative impact on our community becuase now we just lost all ability to provide our customers with sufficent service. Cydia lacks the ability for hot themes...ratings...they can contact a dev but this does not give a list of the software or firmware installed of that user which Rock did. Rock had promotion codes we as devs were able to controll which you can say goodbye too and the list goes on
    Again, most of this was already covered by Saurik as either already being provided by Cydia (ability to give promos) and was just not properly communicated to devs or will be coming to Cydia in future updates.

So you want Cydia to be more free and open but at the same time you want authoritarian control over what apps/repos are allowed? Those are two dichotomously opposed ideologies.

I may be wrong on this as the only time I have used rock in the past 6 months was to buy MyWi 4.0, but it was my understanding that you could add any repo you wanted, just like on Cydia, including pirate repos.

Regardless, I addressed this reasoning above.

they were sick of no options and apple holding us down now thats what Saurik himslef is doing!!!

Again, you complain about Apple being so restrictive and overbearing followed by a demand for Saurik to do the exact same thing.

You want SaurikIT to review every single repository regardless of the content before determining whether or not to allow it to be accessed through Cydia? Even if this were possible, it would not be plausible as there are other ways to install pirated apps that don't involve Cydia at all.

No, 30% is exactly 20% less than half. If I won an election by a 70/30 margin I would not say that the opponent got almost half the votes.

To my knowledge this fee is close to, if not better than, the industry average.

Let's leave speculation out of this discussion; you know what they say about assuming...

That analogy is just stupid....your front door to a markt that has been monopolized?????

I mean I get what your saying in a sence but NO I don not agree 1 bit....this is not the easiest most logical its actually the total opposite...
    creating a repo does not solve any of these problems so that is just a bunch of junk!
    That analogy fits perfectly with Cydia. Are there other ways to get stuff in my house (iPhone) other than the front door (Cydia)? Yes, there are other doors and windows (openssh, mobile terminal, iphone browser, etc), it's just that the front door (Cydia) happens to be the easiest and most convenient way to do so.

This is a bunch of ******** too! Suarik seems to point fingers quite easily! I know he will probally read one of these post and I want him to know its nothing personal this is business!

But Kyle seriously wrote me personlly like 4 times and I also spoke with MMI repo man a couple times before we got this settled and all of it was becuase of how Cydia is set up we have to be middled before we get our work on the Store. Rock I went on their site uploaded my **** intstantly made me a deb. file and a week later it was up and they waould feature it on their revolving list as TC was stating before with Bars and all with Cydia!
    Again, it is my understanding that there was a bit of miscommunication between Saurik and Kyle, which Saurik openly admitted was a large part his fault and apologized for.

I do want public opinion but you seem to think you know it all and want to bash the ppl who make jailbreaking fun....this is what none of us need! So please as I said and will say it in a different manor dont take this the wrong way its business and I simply am here to not just create things but be part of my customers experince and Cydia takes all that away for me so this is BIG upsetting!
    I am uncertain how my opinion is viewed as an attack/bash towards the people "who make jailbreaking fun." I'm merely stating views and, for the most part, pointing out that monopolies are not in and of themselves negative things. The only possible part that could be was my comment to TC, which I had already clarified and apologized for any misunderstanding before you posted this.

Again, Saurik stated that a lot of the positive aspects of Rock will be carried over and available in future releases of Cydia.

Edit: The only "bashing" done by me was pointing out your bastardization of the English language. That wasn't bashing though, it was just a fact. The use poor grammar and profanity does nothing but discredit your argument regardless of whether you are right or wrong.
    Last edited by mortopher; 2010-09-13 at 12:17 AM. Reason: I admit I was "bashing"

31. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Andre8521 (2010-09-13)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys, RipDev the creator of the Icy APT installer, ceased their installer on 2010. They left the source code for the installer and said he would be happy if someone took over the project. So if you're dissapointed by this and hate cydia, get up and if you know coding, complete and be the new owner of the Icy installer. Official link to their Source Code: ripdev's Icy at master - GitHub

i would be happy if someone revived Icy.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast