Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 435

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: "SHAtter" Will Jailbreak Every iDevice including iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, and iPad

  1. #141
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    ^2 year member and you're asking those questions? Go buy a droid.

  2. #142

  3. #143
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Team America Baby
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    ^2 year member and you're asking those questions? Go buy a droid.
    Don't be such a fanyboy. You spend more time in this thread bashing people for asking questions then you do answering them. Not like I didn't read some post in here but I am not going to go through 10 pages of people asking what is a tethered jailbreak...

    A lot of my apps have updated due to game center but I don't know much about it and I was wondering why that guy I quoted was mentioning he cannot use Game Center...and how a jailbreak would fix a hardware issue...

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chad711 For This Useful Post:

    LordGeek (2010-09-10)

  5. #144
    1. Game Center is Apples app and APIs that allow users to create a username on apples apps to submitt high scores and interact with other players through apples game center app. The APIs for developers allow these interactions within apps such as OpenFeint and Plus+ have done but also allow you to be matched up based upon Game Center Stats. These APIs are available to all developers and over time many developers will be able to add Game Center capabilities to their app to have a common social gaming interface and scoreboard. Game Center was added in 4.1 OS.

    2. Jailbreak will not fix your proximity sensor- 4.1 will! Apple claims to have fixed the proximity sensor issues in 4.1 so if you are having those issues you will want to upgrade.

    3.You said you were jailbroken on 4.0.1 but if you are experiencing the proximity bug then the (potential) jailbreak should be great news to you so that you can get the bug fixed and get all your jailbreak stuff (like facetime over 3g (: ) as well as the Game Center.

    P.S.- 4.1 for iphone 4 also includes HDR or high-dynamic-range photo shooting abilities which rapidly shoots 3 photos: one normal, one underexposed, and one overexposed and combines them together to yield stunning results.

    Hit the thanks button if this helped.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

    Chad711 (2010-09-10)

  7. #145
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Team America Baby
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Button hit SnowLeo. Thanks dude.

    I read that 4.1 actually didn't fix the prox issue. Guess there is only one way to find out. I personally haven't had much issues but my g/f has.


    When you say it was added in 4.1 does that mean there is a app that they install w/ 4.1 that you can only use if you have 4.1?

  8. #146
    Well apple claims to have fixed the issue but theres always the possibility it didnt actually fix it or only slightly fixed it. But before you go out and upgrade be sure you realize youll lose all your jailbreak stuff until you rejailbreak and reinstall it all.

    I dont think you actually install game center from the app store but I think it just shows up after you upgrade. (Im not entirely sure because Im still on 3.1.3 because I want the game center and more importantly the extra speed promised for the iphone 3g).

  9. #147
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad711 View Post
    Don't be such a fanyboy. You spend more time in this thread bashing people for asking questions then you do answering them. Not like I didn't read some post in here but I am not going to go through 10 pages of people asking what is a tethered jailbreak...

    A lot of my apps have updated due to game center but I don't know much about it and I was wondering why that guy I quoted was mentioning he cannot use Game Center...and how a jailbreak would fix a hardware issue...
    I'm not going to answer questions that are answered in more spots on this site than I can count.

    Here is a tip: go into your profile settings and adjust the number of posts per page to the max and then you can scroll through real fast. This thread is only 4 pages long for me...

  10. #148
    Edit: Just checked the app store and game center is not there so unlike iBooks itll come preinstalled once you upgrade.

  11. #149
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Team America Baby
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Well apple claims to have fixed the issue but theres always the possibility it didnt actually fix it or only slightly fixed it. But before you go out and upgrade be sure you realize youll lose all your jailbreak stuff until you rejailbreak and reinstall it all.

    I dont think you actually install game center from the app store but I think it just shows up after you upgrade. (Im not entirely sure because Im still on 3.1.3 because I want the game center and more importantly the extra speed promised for the iphone 3g).
    Yeah I won't be upgraded until there is a untethered jb. I ran that blackrain on my 3gs previously and got stuck in a jam in the airport. Won't do that again for sure. Not worth it when you really need your phone or your contacts in your phone.

  12. #150
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Yes...good news.

  13. #151
    iPhone? More like MyPhone SnR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Antioch, CA
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    I can't wait to have my jailbreak for life. Congrats to pod2g.

  14. #152
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Edit: Just checked the app store and game center is not there so unlike iBooks itll come preinstalled once you upgrade.
    I wish more of the default apps were only options via the app store like iBooks rather than coming preinstalled. Weather, stocks, etc are terrible apps that have much superior competitors in the app store; for free no less!

  15. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad711 View Post
    Yeah I won't be upgraded until there is a untethered jb. I ran that blackrain on my 3gs previously and got stuck in a jam in the airport. Won't do that again for sure. Not worth it when you really need your phone or your contacts in your phone.
    Just making sure. But according to the chronic dev team blog they never actually officially announced whether it was tethered or not so I wouldnt just assume its tethered which it appears the OP has done (I posted on this a couple pages back). Yeah tethered JBs can be a b*tch though especially when its your phone and not just your ipod. If it is tethered though I hope that one guy that made that hardware to jailbreak it just by plugging it into your iphone will make an updated version for the new JB.

    Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    I wish more of the default apps were only options via the app store like iBooks rather than coming preinstalled. Weather, stocks, etc are terrible apps that have much superior competitors in the app store; for free no less!
    Yep I usually use poof to hide those crappy apps. Thank you jailbreak!

    The only reason ibooks is in the app store though is because its not available in a lot of countries yet
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-09-10 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  16. #154
    iPhone? More like MyPhone SnR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Antioch, CA
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    I would assume it is a tethered jailbreak. No untethered bootrom exploits have ever been found

  17. #155
    I have tried to update my iPhone 4 running 4.0.2 firmware to 4.1 but I keep getting a message that the Apple server is temporarily down & to try back later. Has anyone else gone thru this?

  18. #156
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SnR View Post
    I would assume it is a tethered jailbreak. No untethered bootrom exploits have ever been found :
    Redsn0w, Blackra1n.

    Rebuttal?

  19. #157
    iPhone? More like MyPhone SnR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Antioch, CA
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    I thought they used a set of exploits to make them untethered?

  20. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by LordGeek View Post
    Thank you Tremerone and SnowLeo // Now was that so hard Paganizonda83 instead of wasting a posting.

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

    mortopher (2010-09-10)

  22. #159
    Maybe I'm just stupid BUT I've been on 4.0.1 for a month and my phone is jailbroken and works with any sim card??what am I missing??

  23. #160
    so will it be ok to update a 4.02 i4 to 4.1 or wait for the jailbreak?

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •