Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "SHAtter" Will Jailbreak Every iDevice including iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, and iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckpga1 View Post
    Yawn. Any day now boys. Man these guys get slower each time there is an update for the iPhone. Software must be getting harder and harder to crack.
    Well, of COURSE it's getting harder to crack .

For example, Just look at the PSP hacking scene; it was rediculosly easy to hack early FWs like 1.5, but it has become almost impossible to hack the newest FWs (6.00, 6.20, 6.30, 6.31...). The most recent PSP hacks have been user exploits compared to CFWs, because there is little code left to hack since most of the previously-hackable code has been patched after exploits were released. Word is that some devs are trying to create a 6.xx CFW by exploiting a buffer overflow...

And don't think it will be easier to hack console, let alone iPhones in the future. We are currently in the first real console generation with FWs and hardware revisions, both which did not exist in the past. Sony, Nintendo, Windows, and Apple, over years of having their hardware hacked for piracy purposes, are fed up with hacking and thus have created FWs and Hardware revisions. Because every hacking scene has ALWAYS been abused by some fag to create pirated copies of software, they have zero tolerance for hacking, even if the hacking is for homebrew purposes or for extended functionalities. Apple &c have learned their security flaws from our exploits, and have learned from their mistakes. No doubt future mobile devices like the PSP2 will be harder to hack, now that the companies have a generation of security exoerience.

I thank the pirates who have caused a zero-tolerance attitude for hacking for Apple &c. Thanks for the negative connotation associated with the word "hacker", and for the cat-and-mouse game

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamkis For This Useful Post:

dying4004 (2010-10-04), Nevets88 (2010-10-05)

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

If it was so easy nobody would b waiting for anything n they would b doing it themselves

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Oh well, back to 4.0.1 with my preserved bb! Take your time devs, no rush! I don't see any real benefits to going to 4.1 anyway really. HDR is not all that and game center is something I could care less about. Oh well.....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mj0528 For This Useful Post:

Nevets88 (2010-10-05)

I don't think a few weeks is a long time to wait. Don't forget that jail breaking is getting more popular every day, and the last thing you want is a jail break tool to come out with some bugs which could delete everything off your phone, imagine the fun Steve & Co will have with that.

If it's easy to use and bug free the wait will be worth it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Patiently waiting dudes.

He'll yea baby!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    Oh well, back to 4.0.1 with my preserved bb! Take your time devs, no rush! I don't see any real benefits to going to 4.1 anyway really. HDR is not all that and game center is something I could care less about. Oh well.....
    May be not but I'd like to see bluetooth and other issues solved

Banned
    Thanks

So theres no rough idea on a release date. 1 year, 1 month?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

^Before 2011

I just wish they would released it already.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mario44 View Post
    I just wish they would released it already.....

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

HeavyD4 (2010-10-06), Jmataska (2010-10-06)

Quote Originally Posted by onlinegamesnz View Post
    So theres no rough idea on a release date. 1 year, 1 month?
    @Chronicdevteam said it should be out within the next 3 weeks today on twitter. So don't expect it anytime soon.

It'll probably be release close to november so apple has no time to patch the exploit, making it a breeze to jb 4.2. Hopefully we will get a treat on halloween, but sooner the better.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 2010-10-06 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    It'll probably be release close to november so apple has no time to patch the exploit, making it a breeze to jb 4.2.
    That's my thought on it as well. They said b4 4.2 so it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffDaddyDeluxe View Post
    That's my thought on it as well. They said b4 4.2 so it makes sense.
    it was always known that they will release it just before 4.2 release just to get an upper hand. from Dev's side there's really not much point in releasing an exploit just before 1 month of a major firmware release. they are making us wait by saying 1 week/5 days/ etc just to calm us down and this is very normal. give these guys a lil bit of time and be sure that what they will do will be better for us.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    it was always known that they will release it just before 4.2 release just to get an upper hand. from Dev's side there's really not much point in releasing an exploit just before 1 month of a major firmware release. they are making us wait by saying 1 week/5 days/ etc just to calm us down and this is very normal. give these guys a lil bit of time and be sure that what they will do will be better for us.

You do realize it's a bootrom exploit, right?

...and with the boot rom exploit, there is no further patching Apple can do on current iphone4 hardware platform to undo the jailbreak.

So why wait?!

Thanks

I don't think they are waiting. Rather, I'd wager they are just beta testing virtually everything. Trust me, the uproar made by some users over such a "long" wait time is nothing compared to the backlash users unleash when the jailbreak is rushed and doesnt work for them.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Jmataska (2010-10-06)

i wonder if CDTeam are experiencing the worst case of people whining for a jb ever. It's so bad that even I'm sick and tired of hearing people saying" Just release it alreadY! >:["

Not that easy...

'sides, the appstore big games great prices event should help ease the waiting !
    Last edited by rossrossross; 2010-10-06 at 12:33 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to rossrossross For This Useful Post:

HeavyD4 (2010-10-11)

I think they simply announce the hack to early and now it's weeks later and still nothing. They should have kept their mouth shut until they had something to show.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast