Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "SHAtter" Will Jailbreak Every iDevice including iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, and iPad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, BB doesn't matter if you're on an iPhone 3G with bootloader 05.08 because then you can just wait for an updated Fuzzyband and downgrade the BB

Quote Originally Posted by tjb5099 View Post
    Ugh so once again a tethered jailbreak

~Tim
    Ugh, indeed. My 1st JB was the blackra1n brand. I knew the sacrifices tethered JBs entail, but I didn't expect how much of a sacrifice it would be. My previous JB experience with Blackra1n on my now-dead ipt3 (new bootrom) was terrible! Even when I turned off MS extensions from the now-dead Rock, something kept gobbling RAM like a pig. Many times, my ipt had to be reJBd because it would crash and turn off from the lack of RAM. And if I were on the go... no PC="dead" ipod . Moreover, my battery discharged very quickly, even with many extensions off. I've always wondered if this gobbling of RAM and battery was caused by the Blackra1n brand of JBs...

Quote Originally Posted by SMokemyPole88 View Post
    Nice Nice.. I'm going to be ordering my iPhone 4 soon and will come with 4.1 installed so this great news.
    I'll be ordering a new ipt4 (4.1 installed, hopefully?) to replace my now-dead ipt3. I'm definitely looking forward to a future non-tethered JB, and to 256 MB of RAM! And of course, finally being able to try out JB apps that utilize the camera and mic, see the Retina display, try game center, and finally try out FW 4.x . Staying clear away from tethered JBs... Keep working, dev team, and good work so far!

Quote from friend:
    How is a tethered JB a feature?
    You have to plug the ipt into a PC everytime you need to turn it on? It's broken...

I totally agree :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

DOES THIS WORK FOR THE 8 gig 3gen iPod touch???? (which, yes, I know is really a 2gen)

Quote Originally Posted by iMack007 View Post
    ^ + 1. I just sold my 3GS JB and replaced it with a currently unjailbreakable iPhone 4 on 4.0.2......very sad. I miss all my cydia apps like SBSettings and Multiflow with Backgrounder combo...

Very much looking forward to a Jailbreak for 4.0.2

What were the supposed benefits to 4.1 anyway, other than GameCenter?
    I'm in the same your sistuation. If I know that, I didn't sell my 3g. Hopefully, the new JB will be release soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Whilst awaiting a JB for FW 4.0.2 upwards on an iPhone4, does anyone know of an AppStore app that displays available RAM and running processes?

I can't stand Apples implementation of multitasking...it sucks big time...no configurability whatsoever!

Anyway, enough ranting...iPhone4 bog standard is IMO still better than a JB 3GS on 3.1.3, as on 4.0-4.0.1, my old 3GS had the reboot during phonecalls issue.

So here's to patience....it'll be worth it in the end 
    Last edited by iMack007; 2010-09-20 at 10:28 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iMack007 View Post
    Whilst awaiting a JB for FW 4.0.2 upwards on an iPhone4, does anyone know of an AppStore app that displays available RAM and running processes?

I can't stand Apples implementation of multitasking...it sucks big time...no configurability whatsoever!

Anyway, enough ranting...iPhone4 bog standard is IMO still better than a JB 3GS on 3.1.3, as on 4.0-4.0.1, my old 3GS had to reboot during phonecalls issue.

So here's to patience....it'll be worth it in the end :P
    Look around, either chpwn or p0sixninja wrote a very detailed post on their blog explaining the misconceptions surrounding Apple's multitasking. Once I read it I did have a much greater appreciation for the ways apple implements it in iOS 4.

Edit:

Here, it was chpwn:
    http://chpwn.com/blog/?p=32
    Last edited by mortopher; 2010-09-20 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Added link

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

iMack007 (2010-09-22)

Thanks

Please don't post crappy videos on here. I could do everything in that video on my i4 with 4.0.1

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Jmataska (2010-09-20)

While we're waiting for the Dev team's jb, I think sn0wbreeze 2.0 will be released on the 22nd

Posted by Iulian on 20th September 2010
    Sn0wbreeze 2.0

It`s confirmed, Wednesday September 22, 2010 Sn0wbreeze 2.0 will be released!
    Devices Supported:

iPhone 2G
    iPhone 3G
    iPhone 3GS (old bootrom)
    iPhone 3GS (new bootrom)
    iPhone 4 (When exploit is released.)
    iPad (When exploit is released.)
    iPod Touch 1G
    iPod Touch 2G (MB)
    iPod Touch 2G (MC)
    iPod Touch 3G
    Sn0wbreeze will not update your baseband and you can also jailbreak for the following firmwares as long as you are pre jailbroken 3.1.2 / 3.1.3 / 4.0 / 4.0.1
    senohpi Sn0wbreeze 2.0

Do people honestly think it's a good idea to use that?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Do people honestly think it's a good idea to use that?
    It (Snowbreeze in general) and it's developer HAVE HELPED A LOT OF PEOPLE.

Sorry bud, I'm just getting sick and tired of your belittling comments towards everything that the kid does. Every time someone mentions ih8 or one of the things he has made you instantly belittle his work ad infinitum. It is god damn annoying.

He has lost lots of people their JB by badly repackaging other people's work. He is a menace.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Where are all these lost jailbreaks?

It's not just JB - it's unlock as well.
    What do you mean 'where are all these lost jailbreaks?'
    On the Dev Team blog I see hundreds of people saying that their phones have been rendered useless by that program and asking for help because they have now got a phone they can't use.

It's not just JB - it's unlock as well.
    What do you mean 'where are all these lost jailbreaks?'
    On the Dev Team blog I see hundreds of people saying that their phones have been rendered useless by that program and asking for help because they have now got a phone they can't use.
    So you think everyone should stay clear of Sn0wbreeze 2.0?

Yes!

Yes!
    What are the alternatives currently up and coming confucious?

See Dev-Team Blog - redsn0wier - things are being worked on. Have patience.

Thanks mate. Much appreciated (again)

Its starting to become a little confusing. Whats this all about?

Jailbreak iOS 4.2 with Redsn0w 0.9.6 [iPhone How to Guide] | Redmond Pie
    Last edited by BigCol; 2010-09-21 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

That post is just reporting on the blog post I linked too. But as per usual, that site provides incomplete and misleading information.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast