Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "SHAtter" Will Jailbreak Every iDevice including iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, and iPad

Quote Originally Posted by iMack007 View Post
    ^ + 1. I just sold my 3GS JB and replaced it with a currently unjailbreakable iPhone 4 on 4.0.2......very sad. I miss all my cydia apps like SBSettings and Multiflow with Backgrounder combo...

Very much looking forward to a Jailbreak for 4.0.2

What were the supposed benefits to 4.1 anyway, other than GameCenter?
    I think it was to just dangle the carrot so people would upgrade. All apart of "The Trap"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DaBigScoat For This Useful Post:

iMack007 (2010-09-16)

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank u!

They post release dates to keep people informed and to stop millions of people asking the same question
    Last edited by HeavyD4; 2010-09-16 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Since it's legal to unlock/jailbreak there should be no time wasted for waiting on a new jailbreak tool for all iphones. if 4.0.2 is released, a jailbreak should be released same day. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Since it's legal to unlock/jailbreak there should be no time wasted for waiting on a new jailbreak tool for all iphones. if 4.0.2 is released, a jailbreak should be released same day. Just my opinion.
    ur opinion doesnt make much sense do u think jailbreaks are that easy cause if u do u should go ahead and make one for us all till then i suggest you dont even make stupid comments like that. jailbreaks have never been not released because of legal reasons you must be obviously new to the whole jailbreak world and if you arent your sure acting new with a stupid comment like that.

a jailbreak will be released when it is ready, and wont be created for every minor update that apple puts out

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD4 View Post
    Thank u!

They post release dates to keep people informed and to stop millions of people asking the same question

so many diversions, so little time
    how about a nice game of chess?

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

Mike, do u sit somewhere for hours doing something that not everyone knows how to do,rip ur hair out and when u finally finish say "I hope I did this fast enough for the people that want all my hard work for free! Guess u can't b that fast if u don't have shsh blobs for 4.0 or 4.0.1 cus then u wouldn't b waiting! Comments like urs are the reason y a few big name hackers stopped bcus they keep getting harassed or even insulted,please take it down a level bro,we need them they don't need us!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Since we're giving out opinions, would you like my opinion of you? PM me if interested.

Thanks

Really Dude?!?! Im only a year into the community and even I know how ridiculous of an "opinion" that is. Dont be the reason some jailbreak devs quit, that would suck for us all. Like it was stated a few posts earlier, we need them, they dont need us. So quit making stupid "opinions" aight?

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jmataska For This Useful Post:

HeavyD4 (2010-09-17), metaserph (2010-09-17), mortopher (2010-09-17)

I'm going to assume you are incredibly ignorant and give you the benefit of the doubt. This is why your comment is ludicrous:

Developing a jailbreak isn't like installing a new light bulb and simply hitting the power switch. It takes time to find the vulnerability in the firmware and then time to perfect the jailbreak before it is released. In order for the dev team to have the jailbreak the same day the upgrade is made available, they would have to have an inside source working at Apple feeding them info about the new firmware as it is developed.

It's like trying to cure a virus. You have a cure for a current virus, then the virus mutates and is immune to the current cure. At this point the scientist have to spend lots of time researching the new virus so they can develop the new cure.

Jailbreaking is no different. Why I, who have only been in the jailbreaking community for a few months, know this and you don't is beyond me.

The Dev Team have already got JBs for the next 5 FW releases and Unlocks but they don't like releasing all of them because people would think it was as easy as it is to JB and unlock and they couldn't have that!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Right, I might have a problem with the tethered JB becuase I have an at&t ihphone 3GS that I bought over from the US (I live in the UK)and I update to 4.1, I will lose my unlock so wont be able to tether my iphone to jailbreak it. Have I got that right? Isnt tethering, when you use your iphone as a modem and use it to connect to the internet? Am I right or am I way off the mark and need it explaining to me properly?

You are way off the mark and getting the two different types of 'tehered' confused.

But if you need an unlock DO NOT UPGRADE.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

BigCol (2010-09-17)

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You are way off the mark and getting the two different types of 'tehered' confused.

But if you need an unlock DO NOT UPGRADE.
    Ive got two 3GS's tbh. A 32gb and a 16gb. Ive already updated the 32gb to 4.1 like a retard. The 16gb will remain on 4.01 until its safe to update, jb and unlock. AS for the 32gb, I can wait.

Use tiny umbrella if you haven't already. You might have a long wait for your 32Gb.

Use tiny umbrella if you haven't already. You might have a long wait for your 32Gb.
    Ive backed up both iphone's shsh but the baseband has now changed on the 32gb so Im stuck anyway. Not too bothered. Up til now, every baseband has been hacked and I cant see any reason why this latest version wont be.

Every baseband has been hacked? I think not.
    I doubt very much if this latest one will be.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

shottz (2010-09-19)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

waiting.... did 4.1 update the iphone 4 on ios 4.0.2's baseband?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rayochoa View Post
    waiting.... did 4.1 update the iphone 4 on ios 4.0.2's baseband?
    Yes, 4.1 does update the baseband.

Every baseband has been hacked? I think not.
    I doubt very much if this latest one will be.
    I thought I read somewhere that all had been hacked up to 4.1

The latest UltraSn0w will unlock lower BBs - but that does not mean each BB was unlocked - until the latest one was unlocked.
    One day a future BB will probably be unlocked and the unlock might do previous BBs including yours, but I would not hold your breath!

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast