Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "SHAtter" Will Jailbreak Every iDevice including iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, and iPad

is it tethered jailbreak for all devices e.g. iphone 3 3GS Iphone4 , or just tethered for certain devices??

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by motluck View Post
    is it tethered jailbreak for all devices e.g. iphone 3 3GS Iphone4 , or just tethered for certain devices??
    I believe the only phone you would have to worry about in regards to a 4.1 JB is the new bootrom 3GS. The 3G and old bootrom 3GS should be jailbreakable via the standard pwnage tool and/or redsn0w once the (relatively easy but tedious) updates are made to them to support 4.1 and SHAtter is available for the i4 devices and the iPad. I have not heard anything about the new bootrom 3GS however but who knows, perhaps this new exploit can still be found in it as well. Hope for the best.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

motluck (2010-09-13)

Thanks

Thank you so much DEV TEAM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Hey guys I have a question and I don't know where else to ask. My friend updated his iphone 3g to 4.1 and he lost his unlock. He doesn't have his shsh on file on cydia (so he can't downgrade right?) so he's pretty much screwed right?
    Depending on how long he had his jailbreak & unlock, cydia should have automatically save his shsh if he had his unlocked for a long time.

anybody know what the chances of it being a non-wipe jb? ya know it won't delete our media so we won't have to re-sync everything again after jb. Cuz if so I'll just wait for jb release cuz it's not worth it to sync 60GB if I'll have to do it again a few days later lol

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Hey guys I have a question and I don't know where else to ask. My friend updated his iphone 3g to 4.1 and he lost his unlock. He doesn't have his shsh on file on cydia (so he can't downgrade right?) so he's pretty much screwed right?
    He can downgrade the FW but not the BB so still can't unlock. Unless he has BL 5.8

So any news about this guy ?:P

Any news about which guy?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I am excited for everyone!

quick question. can someone answer my question. i recently brought iphone4 and it already pre install with 4.1 so i wonder if shatter able to jailbreak with it even if it is same hardware? sorry i dont know much about device but i really want to jailbreak. i use to have 3g with jb on ios4.0 now i really miss it alot. i just want a quick answer with yes or no if my phone4 with 4.1 able to jailbreak or not. thanks!

Thanks

Yes I believe Shatter will be able to. All new iDevices with 4.1 should b able to be jailbroken...

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

How long is it going to take for this jailbreak to come out?
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dj95820 View Post
    How long is it going to take for this jailbreak to come out?
    Thanks
    Unfortunately no one knows this as of yet. Hang in there and hopefully it will be released soon.

There should be a rule.. No mention of a jailbreak, until ready for release. It would save everybody a hell of a lot of grief.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping_giant View Post
    There should be a rule.. No mention of a jailbreak, until ready for release. It would save everybody a hell of a lot of grief.
    I agree.

Thanks

Speculation is fun, and dreaming about what it could be. I need it for three fones so far...
    Thanks to the dev team for making sure we have a quality product. Take your time and do it right!
    unklbyl

Is there anyone here that already has a JBed 3gs 4.1 via redsn0w (only old bootrom)? Is everything compatible with 4.0 compatible with 4.1?? Did theming change?

RedSn0w does not work with 4.1 - some people have tried it on a 3G and found out why it is incompatible but RedSn0w 0.95 does not work with the 3GS - why would you think it was? Have you not read redsn0w 0.9.5 BETA [iPhone Dev Team] ?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious;
    RedSn0w does not work with 4.1 - some people have tried it on a 3G and found out why it is incompatible but RedSn0w 0.95 does not work with the 3GS - why would you think it was? Have you not read redsn0w 0.9.5 BETA [iPhone Dev Team] ?
    http://www.9to5mac.com/26102/want-hd...yup#more-26102
    Read that article and the comments

Heres the unofficial guide to jalbreak 4.1 on 3gs:
    Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.1 with PwnageTool [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

Apparently theres a way to unlock it too:
    Unlock iOS 4.1 with Ultrasn0w [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

PLEASE NOTE: This is an unofficial jailbreak and only for old bootrom. May contain bugs or screw up your phone. Use at your own risk.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-09-14 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Redmondpie publishes lot's of crap - I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.
    There are some unofficial bundles out there but they are for pwnage, not RedSn0w - and unless you trust the person that made them and know what you are doing I certainly wouldn't risk them on my phone.
    Use at your own risk - but don't complain if you lose your JB.
    If I was going to risk it I certainly wouldn't use the bundle from redmondpie - but that's just me, I prefer to use things from people with a trusted track record.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast