Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "SHAtter" Will Jailbreak Every iDevice including iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, and iPad

so if i have and iPod Touch 2G Mb model does this jailbreak work?

Thanks

^^ i believe it is for any newer iDevice thats on 4.1 I cant remember tho but i know it was addressed a the very begining of this thread. Check it out if u get a chance.

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I hope you preserved your baseband when upgrading otherwise you have probably just made your phone unlockable for the foreseeable future.
    You mean "not unlockable."

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    You mean "not unlockable."
    Or what I've just edited my post too....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by valentine86 View Post
    hey all

jus wanna know if it wud be possible for me to revert bac to my 01.59.00 baseband since my missus did an unwanted upgrade to os4.1 without my knowledge thereby running 02.10.04 baseband... i dont have a SHSH for 4.1 on 01.59.00... pls help
    This happened to my iPhone 4 as well....just for giggles I downgraded to 4.0.2 and it downgraded my baseband as well back to 1.59.00 try it on yours now before apple stops signing 4.0.2

You can NOT downgrade your BB on anything except very early 3G iPhones.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I'm just telling you that I did it on mine....upgraded to the 4.1 got the 2.10.4 baseband...downgraded to 4.0.2 and it went back to 1.59.00 then upgraded to 4.1 using tinyumbrella and got the 1.59.00 baseband.

I don't believe that is possible since Apple stopped signing 4.02 - but would love to be proved wrong!

Mine is factory unlock, what i want for now is JB, coz i want to install my 3G, GOC Hd, and everything, so thats why i want to thanks in advance that Shutter JB, when it comes out...

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I don't believe that is possible since Apple stopped signing 4.02 - but would love to be proved wrong!
    I didn't realize they stopped signing 4.0.2 I did my downgrade the day that 4.1 came out. I was very surprised when the BB downgraded though I thought I was SOL...but luckily mine did downgrade...maybe i just got lucky.

I have a 3G - MC Model - with 4.1. I know how to downgrade. (Have several 2G non-MC models that work flawlessly. But I am reluctant to downgrade the 3G. Is there a jailbreak (non-tethered) that will work with my MC model?

I've done my homework, but I need help and assurance that my 3G can be jailbroken.

Robin T.

did u downgrade to 4.02 using cydia or just itunes

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted View Post
    I'm just telling you that I did it on mine....upgraded to the 4.1 got the 2.10.4 baseband...downgraded to 4.0.2 and it went back to 1.59.00 then upgraded to 4.1 using tinyumbrella and got the 1.59.00 baseband.

has anyone else downgraded baseband (any way)
    thx
    Last edited by stesteste; 2010-09-12 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stesteste View Post

has anyone else downgraded baseband (any way)
    thx
    When Apple was still signing 4.0.2 it was possible to downgrade the baseband by restoring to 4.0.2. Unfortunately, if I understand Semaphore correctly, it is not possible to downgrade the baseband by downgrading using Cydia/Firmware Umbrella.

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    When Apple was still signing 4.0.2 it was possible to downgrade the baseband by restoring to 4.0.2. Unfortunately, if I understand Semaphore correctly, it is not possible to downgrade the baseband by downgrading using Cydia/Firmware Umbrella.
    Correct....now that apple isn't signing 4.0.2 the downgrade isn't possible anymore...

Hey guys I have a question and I don't know where else to ask. My friend updated his iphone 3g to 4.1 and he lost his unlock. He doesn't have his shsh on file on cydia (so he can't downgrade right?) so he's pretty much screwed right?

Thanks

Right on. Regretfully there is not much he can do right now except pray, cuss, and wait with the rest of us!
    unklbyl

17. The Following User Says Thank You to unklbyl For This Useful Post:

punjabi212 (2010-09-12)

Um...no reply to my request is one thing, but to be completely ignored is uh....

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog60 View Post
    I have a 3G - MC Model - with 4.1. I know how to downgrade. (Have several 2G non-MC models that work flawlessly. But I am reluctant to downgrade the 3G. Is there a jailbreak (non-tethered) that will work with my MC model?

I've done my homework, but I need help and assurance that my 3G can be jailbroken.

Robin T.
    I am guessing you are talking about an iTouch 3G since MC model has no bearing on a iPhone 3G. You can only jailbreak if you have SHSH for 4.0.1 and are able to downgrade. If so you can use jailbreakme.com on 4.0.1 for a untethered jailbreak.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog60 View Post
    Um...no reply to my request is one thing, but to be completely ignored is uh....
    Downgrade it.

Cant wait, good work guys!

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast