Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "SHAtter" Will Jailbreak Every iDevice including iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, and iPad

Thanks

I wish the iphone 4 was selling for $300 on craiglist now!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    A tethered jailbreak is really no jailbreak at all.
    Many, many people are very happy to have a tethered jailbreak than nothing at all.

I would take one over nothing too. I don't reboot my iPhone that often along with many others that don't.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll take one over nothing...but if the Dev Team can keep cranking out a userland jailbreak or two, all the better. I did end up with a useless 3GS a few times at work, and that was no fun.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    I'll take one over nothing...but if the Dev Team can keep cranking out a userland jailbreak or two, all the better. I did end up with a useless 3GS a few times at work, and that was no fun.
    Yeah, I'll definitely be bringing a spare phone to keep in the car. I just hope i can find my old 3G (broke my 3GS) otherwise i'll have to suffer and bring along my razr lol.

Freedom baby! Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by SnR View Post
    I don't understand people with the hate for an tethered JB. This JB will be there forever. You should be happy that you have a jailbreak for every firmware in the future, not angry that it is tethered.
    People who are dependent on their iDevice for telephone or other service run a considerable risk of losing (until they're back at a PC) the device altogether. While its acceptable for people with iPods (and people who aren't cyber) its unacceptable for others.

The hate is there, imo, because people think the tethered JB is a waste of developer time and effort and that it could well be we end up with ONLY a tethered and no untethered release in sight. Its a misguided and largely foolish opinion. Some of the hate could also be impatience or being a spoiled prat.

Quote Originally Posted by SnR View Post
    Um. That makes no sense at all there sir.
    Makes plenty of sense to me. (non-sense is only sense inverted

I didn't read all of the posts yet, but just in case no one mentioned it yet, any information saying this is tethered or untethered is speculation if you read the blog, it specifically says that information is not released yet, check out the link.

chronic dev blog

which means that it could be untethered! just gotta hope i guess
    Cruel Blue World iPad Theme
    If you like my themes, please consider a donation to help me grow!

Damn I hope it's untethered. I couldn't imagine having to connect after a reboot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supershags2005 View Post
    I didn't read all of the posts yet, but just in case no one mentioned it yet, any information saying this is tethered or untethered is speculation if you read the blog, it specifically says that information is not released yet, check out the link.

chronic dev blog

which means that it could be untethered! just gotta hope i guess

Here is some info.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    chronic blog may say that, but posix has confirmed it is tethered.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Is there a jailbreak for 4.1 yet??

anyone hear about this guy? :

iOS Hacker (iOSHacker) on Twitter

Fingers crossed he's telling the truth.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    People who are dependent on their iDevice for telephone or other service run a considerable risk of losing (until they're back at a PC) the device altogether. While its acceptable for people with iPods (and people who aren't cyber) its unacceptable for others.

The hate is there, imo, because people think the tethered JB is a waste of developer time and effort and that it could well be we end up with ONLY a tethered and no untethered release in sight. Its a misguided and largely foolish opinion. Some of the hate could also be impatience or being a spoiled prat.

Makes plenty of sense to me. (non-sense is only sense inverted
    Anyone that is that "dependent" on their iPhone because they are so "cyber" yet does not have a laptop is not that "cyber" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rossrossross View Post
    anyone hear about this guy? :

iOS Hacker (iOSHacker) on Twitter

Fingers crossed he's telling the truth.
    I would expect this from a noob, but you have been around for two years...

He's a total hack. Look at the photos he posted. It supposedly takes a few minutes to install cydia yet it's the same time (10:10?) in both the before and after pics.

Well, I never claimed I wasn't a noob .I do admit the guy sounds too good to be true, but it would be a very funny turn of events of he could produce.

edit:

I don't mean to promote this potential phony but,

http://twitter.com/iOSHacker/status/24200850625

he's certainly put himself between a rock and a hard place now, hasn't he?
    Last edited by rossrossross; 2010-09-11 at 05:30 PM.

I just got my free iPhone 4 and it came with 4.0.2 and found out that they werent bothering with a jailbreak for it so decided to just upgrade to 4.1. Either way I'm still stuck because I'm with T-mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman0069 View Post
    I just got my free iPhone 4 and it came with 4.0.2 and found out that they werent bothering with a jailbreak for it so decided to just upgrade to 4.1. Either way I'm still stuck because I'm with T-mobile.
    It won't be long. Just be patient. Use your iPhone as an iPod.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rossrossross View Post
    Well, I never claimed I wasn't a noob .I do admit the guy sounds too good to be true, but it would be a very funny turn of events of he could produce.

edit:

I don't mean to promote this potential phony but,

Twitter / iOS Hacker: All fixed coding up the ...

he's certainly put himself between a rock and a hard place now, hasn't he?
    What rock? What hard place? It doesn't come out this weekend and it's proven he is a fraud. Then what? He loses his 300 followers? Not much of a hard place.

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    What rock? What hard place? It doesn't come out this weekend and it's proven he is a fraud. Then what? He loses his 300 followers? Not much of a hard place.
    I think he means he will have to put up or shut up.

hey all

jus wanna know if it wud be possible for me to revert bac to my 01.59.00 baseband since my missus did an unwanted upgrade to os4.1 without my knowledge thereby running 02.10.04 baseband... i dont have a SHSH for 4.1 on 01.59.00... pls help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by valentine86 View Post
    hey all

jus wanna know if it wud be possible for me to revert bac to my 01.59.00 baseband since my missus did an unwanted upgrade to os4.1 without my knowledge thereby running 02.10.04 baseband... i dont have a SHSH for 4.1 on 01.59.00... pls help
    Whew.... That sux just a tad lol

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

I hope you preserved your baseband when upgrading otherwise you have probably just made your phone un-unlockable for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by confucious; 2010-09-11 at 10:37 PM.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast