Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "SHAtter" Will Jailbreak Every iDevice including iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, and iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post
    It depends, is your sister hot?
    No. It was more of a chance for my kids to see their cousins. And wow, why ask a question like that! Do you like down south where that crap is rampant?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kingchkn For This Useful Post:

floppy_joe (2010-09-10)

Quote Originally Posted by zamansimba View Post
    Dear Apple,

I found a way to kill of these heathen jailbreakers

Make a 'Silent Update' in the background when iTunes is launched and a new iOS version is detected. Download the ipsw in the background automatically, and when there is some idle time (eg when the user is making playlists or browsing App Store) just ninja the hell of the update into the iphone/ipod.

When its finished just notify the user - "updated to latest gr8est iOS luls congratulations kthx"

Hope this tactic works well on these immoral law-breakers

-zamansimba-
    How about in order to make a call or play ipod, or any function, iphone must be updated to the latest version. There is also a anti-jailbreak app that unjailbreak OTA. Heck, I think the new datacenter will integrate the OTA firmware upgrade.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yukycg View Post
    How about in order to make a call or play ipod, or any function, iphone must be updated to the latest version. There is also a anti-jailbreak app that unjailbreak OTA. Heck, I think the new datacenter will integrate the OTA firmware upgrade.
    please leave. like was stated earlier, why r u hear?

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonsector View Post
    And TBH Rounder, we wouldnt have 14 pages of pointless spam if you people like your self didnt repeat the use the search button thing over and over again.
    Trust me, it doesnt promote you into the elite member status, it degrades you to an ******* that no one likes.
    These are forums, people ask questions, if you dont like move on and dont read it.
    Every single thread i see a couple new guys asking a questions that has been answered before and then 20 people like spamming the *DUDE!!! SEARCH!!!!!** **** over and over again filling up 20 pages.
    OFFTOPIC:

I don't know where you get your assumption of me trying to be promoted to Elite Status as a member here... I'm here to contribute and to learn from the more knowledgeable, and usually always read up before asking questions. I simply think it's silly for people to ask the same question over and over when it's been answered already numerous times, and if reiterating my point to have them do their own reading makes me an *******, then assume so, but that's not my intention here and that's actually the first time I've expressed frustration here and proving a valid point. Oh well, see it as you please mate
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Thank you. I can't believe it took 5 pages before someone clearly explained what "tethered" meant. I was thinking that JBs like redsn0w were tethered since I had to hardwire my phone to my Mac to execute the jailbreak.

I can now see how a tethered JB would be annoying, but I just don't reboot that often.

What would happen if you do reboot a phone JBed with a tethered JB? Would you just lose the JB?
    yes, recovery. you would see the icon of the usb and itunes on the screen and that's all you'd get

I love the irony (dear I say hypocrisy) of people telling other people to leave. The further irony of it is that they don't even realize why it is ironic (dear I say hypocritical)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post
    I love the irony (dear I say hypocrisy) of people telling other people to leave. The further irony of it is that they don't even realize why it is ironic (dear I say hypocritical)
    hahaha tru. i guess i should apologize for that stupid remark. It irked me for sum reason, but i guess i should have realized the sarcasm and that it was a joke. My bad

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

Don't listen to me, I'm f.o.s.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Posixninja and pod2g have done a great job with this exploit. It is and always will be, tethered though.
    So, the question is, with a tethered JB available, is it worth exposing another exploit (if, indeed, one is available) by releasing an untethered JB for 4.1? Or 4.2?
    Just curious as to where you got the teathered info the chronic dev blog clearly stated the info on teathered or unteathered hasnt been released. Not saying you are wrong I'm just curious.

Geohot could not have been more specific: He did not discover a bootrom exploit. It was misreported and it took weeks for him to shoot it down by which time it had spread through the blogosphere as "Pwned4Life," which is simply the way he described the CURRENT jailbreaks for iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G, and old bootrom iPhone 3GS phones.

When he used the unreleased JB to JB his own iPhone 4 (obviously, he was privy to the details Dev-Team was privy to), people flipped out thinking that he had developed one and was holding it back, unleashing an unwarranted tirade of hate. Idiots, all of them. It was no secret that they had successfully jailbroken those devices and were working on the JB, which still needed a LOT of work at that point with the switch to iOS4 and all.

Quote Originally Posted by djtroners View Post
    Maybe I'm just stupid BUT I've been on 4.0.1 for a month and my phone is jailbroken and works with any sim card??what am I missing??
    For you? Not much if you're really still on an iPhone 3G (I've been too lazy to update my profile settings). The big deal is that it supposedly fixes the performance issue on a 3G with iOS 4.0+ (inexplicable hanging for several seconds at a time).

OTOH, iPhone 4 users practically can't use their phones due to the Bluetooth and face sensor problems.
    Last edited by CZroe; 2010-09-10 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngmead View Post
    Just curious as to where you got the teathered info the chronic dev blog clearly stated the info on teathered or unteathered hasnt been released. Not saying you are wrong I'm just curious.
    chronic blog may say that, but posix has confirmed it is tethered.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

chronic blog may say that, but posix has confirmed it is tethered.
    Cool i was just curious. I follow posix aswell as the other devs and havent seen them say it, just curious if i missed something.

Where do you follow them? IRC?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I don't understand people with the hate for an tethered JB. This JB will be there forever. You should be happy that you have a jailbreak for every firmware in the future, not angry that it is tethered.

A tethered jailbreak is really no jailbreak at all.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ZipZapp For This Useful Post:

raduga (2010-09-11)

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    What a strange statement.

Where do you follow them? IRC?
    No twitter which is probably why i didnt see them say it. 

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Forever is kind of a ridiculous overstatement...after all, in a few years, the iPhone 4 will not be our preferred device, and will sell for a bargain on craigslist.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

This would be epic, if it comes to fruition!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    Um. That makes no sense at all there sir.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast