Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "SHAtter" Will Jailbreak Every iDevice including iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, and iPad

Green Apple
    Thanks

ill pass i play about with my iphone 4 2 much installing tweaks and stuff from cydia which often requires a restart ill hold off for a unthered jailbreak

Banned
    Thanks

Guys, excuse my ignorance, and by the way "we're not worthy, we're not worthy, we're not worthy" Thank you Dev's "game on!"

yea that was 2 wayne's world references,

My QUESTION is this. Does permanent jailbreak mean unlock too or no? Would a jailbreak for 4.1 automatically mean an unlock also??????????

It might be a good idea to wait until Apple releases the iPhone 4 with the antenna fix. Otherwise they're sure to patch it in that model, and then we're left having to decide between a potential hardware flaw, or jail.

If the worst comes to the worst, we couldnalways wait for that guy to mass produce his dongle thing. (powered by a 9v battery)

thank you for this greatest news of the month, but what do you mean by Tethered Jailbreak??

could you please explane it for me?

thank you for this greatest news of the month, but what do you mean by Tethered Jailbreak??

could you please explane it for me?
    Just search any of these forums here and/or google.
    There's a little field waaaay up there with a button next to it called 'search', it works miracles.

Posixninja and pod2g have done a great job with this exploit. It is and always will be, tethered though.
    So, the question is, with a tethered JB available, is it worth exposing another exploit (if, indeed, one is available) by releasing an untethered JB for 4.1? Or 4.2?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Omfg some people are retarded!! As I can remember only 3GS was a tethered jailbreak and that was only with the new bootrom! Get a clue before you star posting stupid irrelevant comments!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ They are retarded indeed, but that's just because they are too lazy to actually read anything before asking stupid questions. Just remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

It's great news of a new jailbreak for 4.1. I don't quite understand why people are no impatient and must have it NOW?! OMGWTFLOLBBQ! It takes time for these things, everyone who is asking needs to chill out and wait. Kudos to the guys who found the exploit. Keep plugging away, some of us are patient and are willing to wait until the product is ready
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

the matter is not being lazy or retarded, it is just I am new in apple Ipt world less than one month. but I gained alot of information due to the help of good people who wnat to let all others become developed and improved. In fact, yes I am ignorant about some issues and ideas, but I promise soon I will learn as much as available. And your gibe will be a tool which I use as a motive for learning, and other should work hard as will.

thanks for your words

iPhone? More like MyPhone poloriderone's Avatar
    Thanks

So when thé jailbreak CAN start for iPhone 4 on 4.1??

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Motluck... The problem is that people ask questions without reading the thread first when the questions have already been answered. My comments were not aimed at anyone specifically, more or less aimed at the people who refuse to read 13 pages of this thread.

Not only will reading all the posts make you learn, but it will also answer many questions that people may have. It's not up to us to always have to answer the same questions. Reading is learning.

EDIT: The perfect example of this is the person who just posted above me...
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Quote Originally Posted by poloriderone View Post
    So when thé jailbreak CAN start for iPhone 4 on 4.1??
    Octember 32nd
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by motluck View Post
    the matter is not being lazy or retarded, it is just I am new in apple Ipt world less than one month. but I gained alot of information due to the help of good people who wnat to let all others become developed and improved. In fact, yes I am ignorant about some issues and ideas, but I promise soon I will learn as much as available. And your gibe will be a tool which I use as a motive for learning, and other should work hard as will.

thanks for your words
    Tethered jailbreak means that you have to reconnect to the computer and re-jailbreak if you power off. So basically every time you restart you need to re-jailbreak the phone.

Don't mind some of these people...they can post up and complain about how annoyed they are but can't just answer a simple question.

But to be fair, if you just search or google it, its pretty easy to come up with the answer.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to xxscaxx For This Useful Post:

SiFO (2010-09-10)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Posixninja and pod2g have done a great job with this exploit. It is and always will be, tethered though.
    So, the question is, with a tethered JB available, is it worth exposing another exploit (if, indeed, one is available) by releasing an untethered JB for 4.1? Or 4.2?
    Absolutely! IMO
    kwickone I.T.H.

Thanks
    magnificent ... really appreciate their good work... indeed another breakthrough... thanks!

Not sure if this can be answered, as not much has been confirmed about this new exploit.

If this bootrom exploit involves the A4 chip...how would this J/B older models that don't use this chip?

Depending on where I read, it says "All iOS devices" or "iP4, iPad, NEW iTouch"

Are they sitting on other, unreleased, exploits for older models?

Someone else asked a similar question a few dozen posts back, but was not answered afaik.

it has been confirmed for all newer devices - not older.

I just bought a 4th gen ipod touch , and coming from a iphone 3g... im just blown away... anyway , cant wait for the jailbreak .
    keep up the awesome work devs.
    Last edited by Varko; 2010-09-10 at 04:15 PM.

A note for some people who seem confused:

re: why some people aren't bothered by a tethered JB
    Because iPod users are- at most mildly inconvenienced. Its a pain in the butt if you run out of power or get hung up while away from a PC, but you can live with it. You lost your e-toy. Boo hoo you'll get it back eventually.

re: why some people are very much bothered by a tethered JB, think they're pointless, and won't use one
    Because iPhone users are- rather more seriously affected. They don't just have a "dead iDevice" - they have a dead phone. They can't make phone calls. They have just become a leper or a social pariah.

There probably are iPod users who couldn't be bothered with the stress of keeping their machine charged up, and avoiding crashy behavior, there probably are iPhone users who can deal with the risk of temp-bricking their cellphone- but I'll bet most people on either side of the big tether/notether divide fall into the first couple categories.

So: iphoneusers, don't worry about it. This JB, if tethered will eventually lead to a nice untethered JB you can use. Just be patient and chill

So: ipodusers, you may get a whack at it a little sooner, if you dare. Also, you should be patient and you don't really need to jump all over the poor iphoneusers for whom a tethered JB is not viable. For them its just not.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

iNT3Rv3NTiONZz (2010-09-10), kwickone (2010-09-10)

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast