Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 Now Live : Do Not Update!

Quote Originally Posted by kayvong8 View Post
    Cant we ssh into the phone ad adjust the proximity, now that the devs know what was changed, tell us how to change it, please! this is my biggest complaint of the iphone 4.

Hell, i'll start the bid. $30 to fix my proximity... any takes?

Grow up kid!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iLaw-One For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (2010-09-09)

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamChristopher View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. I was planning on restoring from a backup to be safe. Another interesting issue, however is when I go to "restore" it tells me that I have to check for new software first (i have it turned off ) but it won't let me restore without checking. I haven't restored yet just in case it could brick but wasn't sure if checking for new updates would effect that.

yes. that's right. you go to check for updates and download 4.1 then unplug your device, when the download has finished, plug the device back in and click restore and it will restore and update the device to 4.1

hoped this helps (thanks button below )
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

My gamecenter shows no games? is this the case for everyone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so what exactly is the need for keeping your baseband at 1.59 or whatever?

My upgrade went horribly wrong. On iPhone 4, 4.0.2. Refused to upgrade and kept giving me the 1042 error so I used tinyumbrella and now the phone thinks its a different phone number and won't recognize or find my backup from this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by the_mia_team View Post
    so what exactly is the need for keeping your baseband at 1.59 or whatever?
    Retaining the baseband ensures that the current ultrasnow unlock works. You can unlock your iphone and use it with unauthorized carriers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xzero View Post
    My gamecenter shows no games? is this the case for everyone?
    its only been released and apple will probably only be reviewing game center game app updates today so give it a week or so and there will be a few hundred out

my guess is that angry birds will be one of the first :P

BTW what's your gamer ID? I will add you. mine is Eddie2010
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button

its bLunt
    i got a nice name

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xzero For This Useful Post:

EddieLeonard (2010-09-09)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xzero View Post
    its bLunt
    i got a nice name
    thanks sent.. and accepted :P
    that was quick :P

Let me get this straight... According to the this link, I thought it is Legal to Jailbreak the iphone. If apple had put a stop to jailbreaking, arent they breaking the law then?

Congress had passed this law earlier July 26th.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Just because it is legal for us to jailbreak our iPhone doesn't make it illegal for apple to jail them again.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

EddieLeonard (2010-09-09), javinorvmk (2010-09-09)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JSkywalker217 View Post
    Let me get this straight... According to the this link, I thought it is Legal to Jailbreak the iphone. If apple had put a stop to jailbreaking, arent they breaking the law then?

Congress had passed this law earlier July 26th.
    jailbreaking is only legal in the US i think

and jailbreaking provides a exploit in the phone so that anyone could use that hole to import viruses/malware into the device. apple needs to patch each hole that is found to stop attacks. when your device breaks apple can say well it was jailbroken. you have made your device unsecured. therefore it has voided warranty.. or something like that... im not sure how it goes

but jailbreaking is not against the law but apple or any other company can say hacking there products can result in void of warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Just because it is legal for us to jailbreak our iPhone doesn't make it illegal for apple to jail them again.
    you explained it better than me
    Last edited by EddieLeonard; 2010-09-09 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to EddieLeonard For This Useful Post:

JSkywalker217 (2010-09-09)

I bought my iPhone with 4.0.2. Should I update?

I am soo annoyed they reset all of the Game Center names the other day. I had upgraded to the GM 4.0 when it first came out and I secured "Corey". I was so pumped. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!! Now 3Gs are not even getting Game Center..FML.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    jailbreaking is only legal in the US i think

and jailbreaking provides a exploit in the phone so that anyone could use that hole to import viruses/malware into the device. apple needs to patch each hole that is found to stop attacks. when your device breaks apple can say well it was jailbroken. you have made your device unsecured. therefore it has voided warranty.. or something like that... im not sure how it goes

but jailbreaking is not against the law but apple or any other company can say hacking there products can result in void of warranty.

you explained it better than me
    Do you or anyone know the ETA of when iPhones will be available to Jailbreak? I have an iPhone 3G with 4.0.1 JBen.

I did see this link regarding JBing iphones:
    iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Confirmed for iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G & Previous iOS Devices [iOS 4.1 Jailbreaking Based on New Bootrom Exploit Currently in the Works, ETA Not Known Yet] TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities

I should be receiving my IP4 tomorrow (ordered sat.) I'm hoping it doesn't come with 4.1 on it pre installed. I don't care for the unlock just a jailbreak. I'm grandfathered in on the unlimited plan so myfi is the first going on once I'm jb'ed. Hope it comes soon

So any updates for jailbreaking?

Muscle nerd just announced he found one exploit aworking on it.

ohh man I want to update BUT I dont want to lose my jailbreak. I will wait. I like my mcleaner, 3G unrestrictor and my unlock.

is it possible to snag a good gamecenter username without updating to 4.1? i have gamecenter on my phone that i got off of cydia, but is it the legit version?

i was trying to downgrade my iphone 4 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 so i could jailbreak my device erlier on. and it upgraded to 4.1 does that mean i wont be able to upgrade?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast