Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 Now Live : Do Not Update!

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kayvong8 View Post
    Cant we ssh into the phone ad adjust the proximity, now that the devs know what was changed, tell us how to change it, please! this is my biggest complaint of the iphone 4.

Hell, i'll start the bid. $30 to fix my proximity... any takes?
    This is not possible given both proximity settings and bluetooth settings are embedded directly into the .ipsw file itself. I spoke with comex about this prior to upgrading my 2nd iphone 4.. best bet is to hold off if you need jailbreak apps.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Quote Originally Posted by kayvong8 View Post
    I understand but.... it takes less effore for them to keep doing these retarded update jailbreaks if we can just have the main improvements. I mean the cat and mouse is rediculous. Yea, people who buy their phones with non jailbreakable softwear suffer, but they are going to anyway, they dont jailbreak every single firmware update so, in the meantime, help us with the MAJOR issues.

But My question was WHAT is the BLUETOOTH issue?
    Quit complaining. This update fixes dropping headsets and a2dp issues I think. Google search. The Dev Team has worked hard for your enjoyment. Quit demanding they fix issues that are already fixed. There is and was no sense jailbreaking every firmware. It's a waste of time and resources. Enjoy what you have gotten for zero effort on your part.
    HK-Z on Game Center

I'm confused about some things :/ Is it okay for an out of the box iPhone 4 4.02 user who is stuck without a jailbreak to update to 4.1. If there would be no jailbreak for 4.02 what r the risk and what is there to lose. I don't want to update and be stuck for another month or 2 without a jb...

Thanks

For those who do not understand what the Bluetooth issue is: Here are the following listed issues:

- For those who used bluetooth on former iPhone devices you were able to lower the volume via side buttons on device... no longer available in iOS4. (Should be fixed)
    - Static on some devices
    - Voice Recognition is not recognized 50% of the time on some devices.
    - Some keyboards don't recognize bluetooth integration.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zinjen For This Useful Post:

ribious (2010-09-09)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

So I just updated to 4.1! Can I jailbreak yet?I haz T-Mobile... can i unlock tonight?

Default Im confused !!
    Hi all, just a little confused !! so on all your advice i am running a 3gs os 4.0.1 and jailboken, so should i upgrade to os 4.1 and what itunes is this compatable with? or should i stay as i am and wait and fingers xed for jailbreak for 4.2 ?

Cheers from Brian

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keekee1987 View Post
    I'm confused about some things :/ Is it okay for an out of the box iPhone 4 4.02 user who is stuck without a jailbreak to update to 4.1. If there would be no jailbreak for 4.02 what r the risk and what is there to lose. I don't want to update and be stuck for another month or 2 without a jb...
    I would update. In fact I updated my Jailbroken 4.0.1 to 4.1 for the proximity sensor fix.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keekee1987 View Post
    No risk to upgrade if your on 4.0.2 if you only care about Jailbreak. If you need unlock you should hold off. Simple enough?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zinjen For This Useful Post:

csglinux (2010-09-08)

Default Bootrom Exploit found
    An exploit has already been found to jailbreak 4.1 and it should come in the form of a pwnage tool. Now we just have to wait for the tool.

iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Using New Bootrom Based Exploit Confirmed | Redmond Pie

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Avalanchenut For This Useful Post:

Ivel (2010-09-08)

I never updated my iPhone 3G to 4.0.2. Still on a jailbroken and unlocked 4.0.1. But it's sluggish even though I've disabled multitasking. Hopefully 4.1 solves that problem.

You rock, Dev Team!!!!!

can i update my iphone 3g

Whoevers unsure then just hold your horses. Are you that impatient? Just wait a few days for them to get more information jeez

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchenut View Post
    An exploit has already been found to jailbreak 4.1 and it should come in the form of a pwnage tool. Now we just have to wait for the tool.

iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Using New Bootrom Based Exploit Confirmed | Redmond Pie
    Wow. So Apple spends months of development to fight new jailbreak exploits and one is found within an hour of the release...lol
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

17. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

Retell (2010-09-08)

ooh ooh, Can I haz IOS5 with microwave capability? can I, can I? Will this fix the boost controller on my car?????

Calm down everyone, this is the release day of 4.1...

dev team just found a way to jailbreak. Yahoooooooooo!!!

It's kool I can wait for the jailbreak I'm not too fussed about 4.1 until there is a jailbreak for it

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    whats your game center name? mine is Eddie2010

here is a sample of HDR photos on the iphone 4 (although it was taken with ProHDR and i totally recommend any iphone 4 user to buy this app NOW!)

http://a.yfrog.com/img294/1448/ae5a.jpg (i know a bit blurry but i was putting my arms either side of a windows to take the shot :P then i realised i could put my hand out of the top windows and save me stretching :P)
    Totally off topic: Nice backyard! Lol

On Topic: So can I upgrade to 4.1 and downgrade as long as I have my SHSH from 4.0/4.0.1? I don't really care for an unlock.
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

Thanks
    anyone else getting 1004 error with iphone 4 update? i had host file edited, but i edited it back still error persists...
    worked after restart... ???
    Last edited by dt0theh; 2010-09-08 at 09:23 PM. Reason: issue fixed

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Retell View Post
    If you have that big of an issue with the sensor just upgrade and lose your jailbreak, if it isn't worth losing JB it isn't a big deal.
    Jb isn't the issue. Unlock is. Thank you for your helpful input.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast