Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 Out Today: "It's a Trap!"

so no fix for iphone 3g running slow as ****

What do they mean by there is slowdown on cydia

iphone 3g om 4.0 lags crashes basically what ever could go wrong does

Thanks

Im guessing there will be a slowdown with cydia as everyone will be re-downloading all their packages therefor slowing down the server.

And as for 4.1 offering HDR photos and uploading, you can get those programs for free (ProHDR, 720Tube). Actually i think Pr0HDR costs $1 but im sure there are free ones out there.

Since i bought the SoundID 510 my bluetooth issues are pretty much gone.

Thanks

My MacBook deleted the 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2 .iswp.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SOSDD View Post
    extermely rude and uncalled for is what it is.
    There was absolutely nothing uncalled for....
    That question being asked was one of the worst things you can do on a public forum...just randomly posting a question that has nothing to do with the conversation is what was UNCALLED for.

Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    There was absolutely nothing uncalled for....
    That question being asked was one of the worst things you can do on a public forum...just randomly posting a question that has nothing to do with the conversation is what was UNCALLED for.

On the contrary, the fact that it's a public forum means anybody can ask for help at any time when they get stuck...since no one person "knows it all", and one never knows when someone with a solution would happen to 'see or read' the question.

What is unforgivable, is not taking the pains to search for a solution, and thereby expanding one's knowledge base, prior to going on air and expecting to be spoon fed...he/she at least needs to show that he/she's given it a try, and that way, people are more willing to help as it shows he/she's equally willing to learn.

Where would we all be today if The DevTeam was unwilling to share their knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    On the contrary, the fact that it's a public forum means anybody can ask for help at any time when they get stuck...since no one person "knows it all", and one never knows when someone with a solution would happen to 'see or read' the question.

What is unforgivable, is not taking the pains to search for a solution, and thereby expanding one's knowledge base, prior to going on air and expecting to be spoon fed...he/she at least needs to show that he/she's given it a try, and that way, people are more willing to help as it shows he/she's equally willing to learn.

Where would we all be today if The DevTeam was unwilling to share their knowledge?
    Err.... there would be no jailbreak and no Modmyi.com (as no-one would be able to'Mod' any iDevice)?

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

great picture, and thanks for the head's up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleSlam1994 View Post
    so no fix for iphone 3g running slow as ****
    It's fixed

so how many MBs are free on iphone 3g when running this

Add me on gamecenter: MindGemMMI

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

yo with 4.1 i heard on another forum that there are bringing back music controls like what the cydia app ipodpop does and the older firmwares on idevices use to do

is the pop up music screen back on 4.1 i heard on another forum they brought it back for this like what ipod pop does and all older firmwares on idevices had
    Last edited by BlackHoleSlam1994; 2010-09-09 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Default iOS 4.1 Update Issues
    iPhone 3G version 3.1.3 Windows 7

I attempted the Download/Update option last evening. Knowing that it would take some time to complete, I left it to run all night after selecting 'Ok' to the first few prompts. Leaving the backup process running. This morning it had an error stating that the backup could not be completed. I opted to cancel and reboot my pc.

After reboot, launched iTunes and selected 'Update'. When the same error backup occurred I selected to continue without backup, since I had sync'd a few days ago. The update process ran for several minutes before returning an error.

Exited iTunes, deleted the 4.1 iswp file, rebooted pc, and rebooted iPhone. Launched iTunes, connected iPhone, and selected Download/Update option again.

Went through the usual prompts, and back process has been running for about 4 hours. The attached progrssbar displays about 10% complete.

Suggestions please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone_backup_progressbar.png  

Quote Originally Posted by iPirate8245 View Post
    iPhone 3G version 3.1.3 Windows 7

I attempted the Download/Update option last evening. Knowing that it would take some time to complete, I left it to run all night after selecting 'Ok' to the first few prompts. Leaving the backup process running. This morning it had an error stating that the backup could not be completed. I opted to cancel and reboot my pc.

After reboot, launched iTunes and selected 'Update'. When the same error backup occurred I selected to continue without backup, since I had sync'd a few days ago. The update process ran for several minutes before returning an error.

Exited iTunes, deleted the 4.1 iswp file, rebooted pc, and rebooted iPhone. Launched iTunes, connected iPhone, and selected Download/Update option again.

Went through the usual prompts, and back process has been running for about 4 hours. The attached progrssbar displays about 10% complete.

Suggestions please.

Try different computer.

Does anyone think that the team will find a way of unlocking the new ios with the new baseband?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So to wait until unlock released !

How do you back up blobs locally? I'm good to go on Cydia.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    Try different computer.

I'm not trying to be critical, but that was an option that I thought would only narrow down the causes not provide an ideal solution. Not all users have access to additional computers.

Anyway I gave this a try as well. Had to run a clean install of iTunes on a Win XP machine. The existing iTunes would not allow the self update.

All ports 80 and 443 are open. Pinged all the usual Apple ip address (phobos.apple.com timed out).

Disabled firewall and anti virus apps. Commented HOSTS file entry to saurik's server.

Connected iPhone to iTunes and selected option to Download/Update. Again, backup process has been running for a couple hours with little to show on progressbar.

I decided to update to 4.1 because the proximity sensor issue was a thorn in my ***!!!! Worst cell phone bug ever......besides an attentuated antenna.....but all cell phones do that right? Lol..... Anyways I have been making calls all day with no hang ups, mutes, holds, accidental three way calling, or face dialing and thought everything was great. Until I called my wife and saw the phone light up......then silence......she was on hold....unintentionally this time....lol.....dammit tricked by that turtle neck wearing bastard Stevie!!!!! Should have kept my JB. It's only happened once out of about 15 or 16 calls, so we'll see where it goes from here.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast