Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Don't Expect a Jailbreak for iOS 4.0.2/3.2.2

So when this comes out I will be able to downgrade to 4.0.1 from 4.0.2 with no problem? I have a weird situation. Had the jailbrake for 4.0.1. Had cydia save my ****. Phone froze so had no choice but to have iTunes reset me. Now I'm not able To go back even though cydia has my shsh saved. Or did lol

Quote Originally Posted by dishsnthings View Post
    I specifically stated NEW Iphone FOUR with 4.0.2 pre installed, as in had it for 5 days, as in you're a dink!
    Haha.. I love that! True though people don't read post carefully
    I bought the new iphone 4 and it came with 4.0.2
    why tell me not to upgrade the firmware...had NO choice..
    I'll just sit tight and wait for the JB 4.1.
    (still have my JB 3GS too... :-) )

3. The Following User Says Thank You to skyeking69 For This Useful Post:

dishsnthings (2010-08-27)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skyeking69 View Post
    Haha.. I love that! True though people don't read post carefully
    I bought the new iphone 4 and it came with 4.0.2
    why tell me not to upgrade the firmware...had NO choice..
    I'll just sit tight and wait for the JB 4.1.
    (still have my JB 3GS too... :-) )
    Yep I will sit too. Funny, I still have my white 3gs too! Jailbroke on 4.0. Thought I was going to sell it, but re-thinking it.

I have a Jailbroken iphone 3G with 4.0, baseband 05.13.04 is there a Unlock for it. I installed tried ultrasn0w with cydia, but still getting NO SIM with a non ATT sim card.

This is slightly off topic but if I were to buy an iphone 4 today and it had 4.0.2 installed on it would I be able to downgrade using the shsh blobs from my 3gs that are saved on my computer. I have the firmware for 4.0.1 saved too.

No.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    No.
    Well that sucks. I guess it's one more reason for me to wait to get an iphone 4.

Why? The iPhone 4 is a great phone when it's not JB, it is better when it is but only you can decide if it's worth waiting.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Why? The iPhone 4 is a great phone when it's not JB, it is better when it is but only you can decide if it's worth waiting.
    I just get bored with a iphone that isn't jailbroken.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
    I just get bored with a iphone that isn't jailbroken.
    Amen to that bro

Just one question.....
    Why would they not try to jb fw 4.0.2 but they would for a 4.1??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Because 4.1 brings more features and all 4.0.2 did was bring a security patch, which Saurik fixed with a download from Cydia. As the article states: no use in wasting a exploit on a minor update. Better to save it for a firmware that has more features that people will want to upgrade to.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

O I see. So I guess I will wait for the 4.1 and jb that. Thanks

I hope a bootrom exploit is in the cards. That would be mucho badass. Only thing that annoys me about the iPhone 4 being jailbroken is that I had mine long enough to get used to a stock ringtone and when I'm around the old lady and hers goes off I sometimes reach for mine.  I got used to that sound ad it confuses me every now and then.

Bootrom?
    Last edited by Manofclay; 2010-08-28 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofclay View Post
    Bootrom?
    Bootrom is what starts up the phone before the system (the phone OS) starts, if I'm not mistaken. If we had a jailbreak with a bootrom exploit it would be much easier to keep a jailbreak with OS updates like the 3GS had before they closed that loophole. That's why there are different jailbreaks for different models of the 3GS. With a bootrom exploit for the iPhone 4 we'd have a jailbreak regardless of what Apple does to a FW update.

For people with 4.0.2,and iphone 4, perhaps you can download the 4.0.1 downgrade from this website, sync your phone with itunes, hold shift key and press update button. when the downgrade you saved shows up just click on it, and if apple hasn't stop signing for 4.0.1 you should be able to do. Then just jail break it. Thats what i did when i upgraded. Hope it works, because i know exactly how u feel. :{

Apple stopped signing 4.01 some time ago.

What website are you referring to? And I have the 4.0.2 fw and iPhone 3GS would it work?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manofclay View Post
    What website are you referring to? And I have the 4.0.2 fw and iPhone 3GS would it work?

if u have your shsh backed up then yes
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast