Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using Veency to Deal With Reception Loss

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

How would you do this over the Internet? Let's say I left my iPhone at home and want to VNC from my laptop from a Starbucks?
    You woud need to set up port fowarding on your router. VNC runs on port 5900 and this port needs to be accessible on the public internet. You could alternatively make port 22 accessible and tunnel vnc over ssh with something like ssh -L 6500:127.0.0.1:5900 -p 22 <user>@<ipaddress> . Then connect to vnc with the address 127.0.0.1:6500.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    I occasionally use Veency, but not very often because there is no way to press the home or power button, if there was I might actually use it
    Home button is just a right click with the mouse

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Problems when locking screen
    I was having problems when I would either physically push the lock button or middle-click to lock my screen. It was telling me something about a funky square that couldn't be processed and disconnecting the session. Yes, I was running insomnia, so it wasn't an issue with the wifi disconnecting. Anyway, I discovered that there was a package called veency_fixed in a 3rd party repo (macOSmovil) that when installed took care of the issue. I don't know if it will take care of the mouse cursor tracking on the iPhone 4, as I'm running a 3GS, but it might be worth looking into for those of you having issues.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    I occasionally use Veency, but not very often because there is no way to press the home or power button, if there was I might actually use it
    there is if you (right click = Home Button) (right+left click at the same time = power)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forgoten Dynasty View Post
    Its not an issue with veency. Its your computer screen. Its resolution is low compared to your iphone.
    Ummm i don't think so dude...my screen resolution is at 1360 x 768 at home and 1600 x 900 at work...the iPhone 4 is @ 960 x 640...maybe back in the day when you owned a CRT that can only do a 800 x 600 resolution i can see your point but c'mon now...no one has a 800 x 600 resolution anymore...the lowest popular resolution out there is 1024 x 768 and even with that the iPhone should display better...

it's the ppi that the iPhone 4 is packing...that needs to be translated through Veency or the vnc client somehow and dialed down...if you look at the screenshots from this article at mobilecrunch it's EXACTLY how an iPhone 4 user would see it compared to the 3G/3GS user on screen...

Exclusive: Full Resolution iPhone 4 screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRabbit View Post
    I found out that, oddly, if you press the win key plus another key with the viewer open, it unlocks the iPhone without turning on the screen. So you can open apps or do anything without anything showing up on the screen of the iPhone.

Not only that, but the win key + another button bypassed my android lock entirely.
    Any idea how to do this on a mac?

Also I keep playing music by accident?!

Quote Originally Posted by recognition View Post
    Any idea how to do this on a mac?

Also I keep playing music by accident?!
    The music is from two finger swipe gestures if you are using a macbook. Otherwise perhaps from scrolling the scroll wheel maybe?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LigerLuvr9210 For This Useful Post:

recognition (2010-08-16)

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaxRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LigerLuvr9210 View Post
    The music is from two finger swipe gestures if you are using a macbook. Otherwise perhaps from scrolling the scroll wheel maybe?
    Yep the scroll wheel for some reason plays music.

For those of you with a black screen. If you set the auto lock to never it doesn't go blank. It worked for me.

Does anyone know of a vnc client for iPad that translates to touch? I'm trying to use veency to connect my iPhone 4 to my iPad using normal touch movements.

mine works okay. let's say the phone is in my pocket.. but how do i -> slide to unlock?

also.. is there anyway to speed up the curser on the PC screen? seems to have a huge delay when moving the mouse around? also during video capture, its very choppy. it would be great to speed that up and use the iphone as an ease drop tool. one more thing. when listining to phone calls... is there a way to increase the volume?
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 2010-08-16 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    For those of you with a black screen. If you set the auto lock to never it doesn't go blank. It worked for me.
    Still don't work.

Oops! Wrong place for my question!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-08-17 at 08:12 AM.

^ it's a V and N and a C, it shows that veency is in use

Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    Didn't help me either. My problem is not that the screen goes black when the iPod locks, its that I never get an image at all :/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LigerLuvr9210 View Post
    Didn't help me either. My problem is not that the screen goes black when the iPod locks, its that I never get an image at all :/
    Veency doesn't seem to work with the iPod 2G or iPhone 3G on iOS4. I get the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jcrod73 View Post
    Yes, i'm on an iPhone 4 now...

Not complaining...just posting my experience with veency on my iPhone 4...i'm sure something will correct this issue someday...
    the cursor misalignment is an issue...
    but the big screen size... if you haven't already figured it out can be scaled.
    on real vnc using options... go to display options and click on scale to window size

Quote Originally Posted by JAE View Post
    Still don't work.
    For blank screen and locked....

this is what i do and it works for me using real vnc

mouse left click on the black screen upper left hand corner (due to cursor misalign)
    single right click (at this point the screen comes up.. no more black)

space bar.. this unlocks screen
    Last edited by lacon666; 2010-08-18 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by TheSmartGuy View Post
    Veency doesn't seem to work with the iPod 2G or iPhone 3G on iOS4. I get the same problem.
    Thats a bummer. Hopefully it gets fixed. Its times like this i wish I was a programmer so I could do something helpful

Quote Originally Posted by lacon666 View Post
    the cursor misalignment is an issue...
    but the big screen size... if you haven't already figured it out can be scaled.
    on real vnc using options... go to display options and click on scale to window size

For blank screen and locked....

this is what i do and it works for me using real vnc

mouse left click on the black screen upper left hand corner (due to cursor misalign)
    single right click (at this point the screen comes up.. no more black)

space bar.. this unlocks screen
    What device you have?

Quote Originally Posted by JAE View Post
    What device you have?
    iPhone 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast