Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Locktopus : Password Protect Your Apps [Review]

if you lock your sms but click reply when you get a text message you can bypass the lock & if you lock your notes but search a certain note in search then you can bypass lock there to. BIG FLAW!!!!!
    "Hack The Planet"

Ok, maybe three's a charm. Security problem, if mobile substrate crashes, this probably won't work. I can't believe anyone's buying this without knowing the answer to that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    Yeah I agree that it should be free, but it's absolutely worth 2 Wendy's Double Stacks. It gives you a nice layer of protection from snooping people such as girlfriends and the wife. This is one of the few apps that greatly enhances iOS from a security perspective. Honestly, Apple should implement a more granular level of security for apps. Think about the B of A, Chase, PayPal, and Citi apps that millions of people use everyday. They will be screwed if the lose their phone. Someone could easily transfer their funds through the apps.
    What's funny is earlier in the comments Gojohnnie got all butt hurt when I stated a prying gf/wife would question why there's a lock badge on the icon, and he replied the app wasn't created to hide apps from gf's/wives. Newsflash...everyone here will be using it for just that reason alone! LOL

everytime i go to lock something it crashes into SafeMode please help............Thanks
    64GB iPhone 6+

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    everytime i go to lock something it crashes into SafeMode please help............Thanks
    I had the same problem and fixed it by going into SBSettings => More => Mobile Substrate Addons and then disabling "MServer". Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by tiger_6 View Post
    I had the same problem and fixed it by going into SBSettings => More => Mobile Substrate Addons and then disabling "MServer". Hope this helps
    Thanks worked great.... but what is MServer that were disabling?
    64GB iPhone 6+

when i go to Cydia and search for it, it wont come up?? and in Rock, is says its not yet available? Do i have to add somthing to cydia?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smh7233 View Post
    You said its easy to deactivate just tap to unlock. My question is does it ask for the password when unlocking?
    LOL! You're out of your shell dude. If it won't ask for a password, what's the purpose of this app? Then everybody will just unlock it without problems. You dig?

***EDITED after I noticed I had jumped the gun and my question had been answered. Sorry for noob response***

So what is the MServer that we have to disable? I had the same issue until I disabled it.
    Last edited by Agent_Smoke; 2010-08-11 at 09:50 PM.

I think MServer has something to do with the app MCleaner. Oddly enough, uninstalling it did not remove it from the list in SBSettings. Anyways, if you need that app I guess you should use iBlacklist instead.

Anyone else notice how the developer immediately quotes and replies back to any criticism but completely ignores legitimate posts about bugs/behavior? $2 surely isn't alot but I for one won't support a developer who acts like that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to swizzle23 For This Useful Post:

Cav3O (2010-08-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kadinh View Post
    I THINK that is correct. i dont see why it would lock SSH files.

ill reinstall right now and see what happens (i uninstalled bc it was slowing down my springboard)...

update: YES it does keep them locked!

i would like to see in the next update an option to change between a alphanumeric password OR a strictly numeric one. show a keyboard OR just show the # pad for a password. ALSO how about if you want to unlock multiple apps at the same time, just input the password for the 1st unlocked app, and while still in "wiggly mode" not having to enter the password EVERY TIME you want to unlock and app (does that make sense?) just a suggestion

and i agree, $2 is NOTHING for an app like this! skip your 44oz mountain dew and candy bar that will cause you to go into a diabetic seizure due to all the sugar and other crap in your diet. /rant
    Thanks for the update Kadinh. I'm going to pick it up right now!

Does this have a way of locking sbsettings or locking the sbsettings reboot buttons?

I currently use iProtect pro.

The problem I'm having now is you can simply go to sbsettings and hit the reboot button then pick safe mode, Then presto all apps are unlocked then you can go into Cydia or terminal and uninstall or change whatever.

Does Locktopus still work in safe mode or does it have a way to lock sbsettings safemode reboot?

iProtect can lock sbsettings "more" menu but not the reboot one. =( Been trying to find a work around for this safemode exploit.
    Last edited by pakostevens; 2010-08-13 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swizzle23 View Post
    Anyone else notice how the developer immediately quotes and replies back to any criticism but completely ignores legitimate posts about bugs/behavior? $2 surely isn't alot but I for one won't support a developer who acts like that.
    Yeah, the app looks great in the first place but swizzle is right. What about all the bugs mentioned? I bought it i can confirm them

Is it possible to change the badge? i am looking for something a lot simpler/less noticeable.

I am trying to protect my contacts. Unfortunately, you can access contacts indirectly from other apps like mail, sms, camera. So I locked all of those.

But I discovered the search screen to the left of the home screen can access contacts too.

How can you lock the search screen, when there is no icon to lock?

Does iProtect allow you to lock the search screen?

I thought this was a good app untill I went to unlock an app it crashed and restarted my springboard in safe mode. Can't even lock apps now.

Secondly change password it does not ask you to confirm your password if you mistype then your......

Nobody seems to respond a fix is required.

Personally I hope they make madvlock ios4 compatible this was by far the best password app on 3.1.3

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gojohnnyboi View Post
    Locktopus is not about your wife seeing that you've locked an application, previous poster....

Locktopus is about the seamless, fast, and easy-to-use integration, directly into SpringBoard which makes it blend in with the rest of the operating system so well.

NOTE: Numerical entry, as well as some other various features are coming in v1.2 later this week.
    What happened to this update? I like Locktopus, but really need a numeric keypad! Standard keyboard is a pain!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mymyi View Post
    In the screenshots top left you don't have any signal bars.

How did you achieve this?

IPAD,(wifi only) FakeCarrier. makes your wifi ipad look like it is a 3G. i just did it.
    small picture is from viewing ipad using 1X button so you can see the rest of your WINDOWS screen!
    unklbyl

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

OK, looks like I threw away a couple bucks on this app. Now using Lockdown Pro, which has MUCH MORE functionality than Locktopus. Locktopus has the cool lock icon in wiggle mode...that is about it.

I hope the dev goes eventually improve it, but it did not meet my needs at this time.
    kwickone I.T.H.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast