Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Locktopus : Password Protect Your Apps [Review]

yet another feature that should have already come stock on iDevices.
    From the Fire We Shall Ascend

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    Howcome people who have managed to pay several hundred dollars for an iPhone constantly complain about $2 being too much to spare, even when the app is awesome? Do they complain about that same $2 when they are in the Taco Bell drive through purchasing something that will be gone in 5 minutes?
    Thank you for saying that, we are always glad to see that people like our ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph_Prophet View Post
    yet another feature that should have already come stock on iDevices.
    Completely agreed

But since it doesn't, we've implemented it in the way we think Apple would, as easy for the user as possible.

looks cool might snag it when i get my new iphone 4

Gojohnnyboi, so what happens if mobilesubstrate crashes? What is the behavior in safe mode?

LOOOOOOOOOOOL...it seems like Cydia has turned to a store just like Apple Store...we all thought that everything under Cydia will be ( FREE )...i think if this app went to Apple store they will buy it for (.99$)LOOOOOOL it seems like everyone is only seeking MONEY

Howcome people who have managed to pay several hundred dollars for an iPhone constantly complain about $2 being too much to spare, even when the app is awesome? Do they complain about that same $2 when they are in the Taco Bell drive through purchasing something that will be gone in 5 minutes?

If this is the principle so why we are all angry with Apple????
    We refused the extra cost for providing us with apps...and now because the money goes to your pocket you see it normal to bay the extra $2
    Last edited by astraman; 2010-08-11 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Trust me people, this lock app will save you when someone tries to look into your photo's app or go to safari to see what you've been doing It'll be worth every penny then.

Quote Originally Posted by smh7233 View Post
    Thanks. I assumed it would but you didn't really mention so i Just wanted to make sure before i bought it.
    Um, yes he did. Amazing the redundant questions people ask, when actually reading the post would answer them.

That said, will this work on my iPad? ;-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

Very nicely done. I like how simple it is to setup. Change your password easily in the Settings app and then tap whatever you want locked. Great job!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

I know this locks the apps but what happens when you double tap home button to re-enter the app? Does it remain locked???

Sweet! I'll have to wait and see what the Lockdown Pro guys make, then compare the two -- a little competition is good!

Just purchased, $2 bucks ain't nothing. So far I love it, works way better then lockdown.

i just downloaded iprotect and it works great. The only problem I have is it doesn't protect apps in folders with categories. So the only way around this is to create a password protected folder
    Thank you spirit JB for 3.1.3 !!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dracwy View Post
    looks like a great app. but i just wanna check something first before i buy it. if i use it to lock Photos for example, can someone else still use iFile or SSH into the Photos directory (/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/) to access the photos? in other words, does Locktopus only lock the apps on the springboard, and not in the directory?
    I THINK that is correct. i dont see why it would lock SSH files.

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    I know this locks the apps but what happens when you double tap home button to re-enter the app? Does it remain locked???
    ill reinstall right now and see what happens (i uninstalled bc it was slowing down my springboard)...

update: YES it does keep them locked!

i would like to see in the next update an option to change between a alphanumeric password OR a strictly numeric one. show a keyboard OR just show the # pad for a password. ALSO how about if you want to unlock multiple apps at the same time, just input the password for the 1st unlocked app, and while still in "wiggly mode" not having to enter the password EVERY TIME you want to unlock and app (does that make sense?) just a suggestion

and i agree, $2 is NOTHING for an app like this! skip your 44oz mountain dew and candy bar that will cause you to go into a diabetic seizure due to all the sugar and other crap in your diet. /rant
    Last edited by kadinh; 2010-08-11 at 04:04 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kadinh For This Useful Post:

hollow0 (2010-08-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by astraman View Post
    LOOOOOOOOOOOL...it seems like Cydia has turned to a store just like Apple Store...we all thought that everything under Cydia will be ( FREE )...i think if this app went to Apple store they will buy it for (.99$)LOOOOOOL it seems like everyone is only seeking MONEY

If this is the principle so why we are all angry with Apple????
    We refused the extra cost for providing us with apps...and now because the money goes to your pocket you see it normal to bay the extra $2
    Actually I never thought that all apps would be free in Cydia. I always understood that Cydia would have paid and free apps like the appstore. Cydia was always billed as an appstore alternative for apps that were either jailbroken only or were rejected by Apple.

I find it hard to understand that users expect things for free all the time....

Yeah I agree that it should be free, but it's absolutely worth 2 Wendy's Double Stacks. It gives you a nice layer of protection from snooping people such as girlfriends and the wife. This is one of the few apps that greatly enhances iOS from a security perspective. Honestly, Apple should implement a more granular level of security for apps. Think about the B of A, Chase, PayPal, and Citi apps that millions of people use everyday. They will be screwed if the lose their phone. Someone could easily transfer their funds through the apps.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    I am getting this with my next paycheck. I only allow myself $10/paycheck for App Store Apps, Themes, and Cydia apps since I've gone a bit wild before when I got bored

Anyways, I need to protect my pictures. I have quite the collection from ex's over the past few years and whenever someone uses my phone I have to tell them not to open my pics.

Looking forward to numeric support.
    As far as hiding your photos what I do is I use cameraroll swap put it on my dock in sbsettings and bam all ur dirty pics or pics for ur eyes only put in one and just swap itback to ur stock camera roll basicall gives u 2 camera rolls. But this app sounds great and I will def be buying!

I'm sitting here in starbucks sipping my latte and wondering why anyone would pay $2 for something like this and... just kidding. $2 seems well worth it to me. Rock on.

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    ...Anyways, I need to protect my pictures. I have quite the collection from ex's over the past few years and whenever someone uses my phone I have to tell them not to open my pics....
    Can I borrow your phone before your next paycheck arrives?

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Is there a option to use a SBSetting toggle to activate/deactivate the lock and app?
    It would need to be password protected Only half kidding... wouldn't that require a change to SBSettings?

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

gone in 5 minutes?
    Food is Energy. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It only transforms. Go read more Physics.

Just bought it, worth the money...
    I have Kleptomania, when it gets bad I take something for it...

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    Yeah I agree that it should be free, but it's absolutely worth 2 Wendy's Double Stacks. It gives you a nice layer of protection from snooping people such as girlfriends and the wife. This is one of the few apps that greatly enhances iOS from a security perspective. Honestly, Apple should implement a more granular level of security for apps. Think about the B of A, Chase, PayPal, and Citi apps that millions of people use everyday. They will be screwed if the lose their phone. Someone could easily transfer their funds through the apps.
    You need a password to go in all the apps you mentioned. No option to save password.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast