Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Still Trying to Curb In-Store Jailbreaking Phenomenon

Was at Apple today, but it didn't cross my mind. I was more interested in trying to find a 16gb in stock...which they didn't have.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

This is really f**ing stupid. It plays right into Apple's hands that the JB community is a bunch of anarchist trying to bring down the network. Not to mention goes way beyond being illegal since phone doesn't belong to you.

Some people think that anything is worth 5 minutes of fame, sad that their lives are so empty.
    Last edited by LGgeek; 2010-08-09 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LGgeek For This Useful Post:

vikrants (2010-08-09)

I have to admit about a year ago I jailbroke and unlocked my iPhone 3GS in the apple store at the mall of america, I had to download blackra1n and my os firmware on one of the display macs restored my iPhone then jailbroke it then used make it mine to change my carrier to AT&T(using t-mobile sim) and showed the genius guy my ear speaker wasn't working and he gave me a new iPhone 3GS, then a week later I had to do the exact same thing again. I also had to bring in my own USB cord to connect to the macs.
    Last edited by thchillbilly; 2010-08-09 at 09:09 AM.

Lol I can just see at the end of the day when the shop shuts the apple manager is going around turning all the display phones of and notices the cydia icon in the corner of the screen.lol he'd go crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by flxj21 View Post
    That is awesome....hey by the way since quick SMS is not compatible with ios4 does anyone know of a similar messaging app?

BiteSMS is by the best messaging app. Its free with ads and pay to get no ads.

READ IF YOU STILL WANT TO DO THIS

I dont feel like reading all of the posts here but I figured one way around this......USE MYWI! You can connect it via wifi and browse to the website....if anyone still wants to do this.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zmanforever View Post
    I jailbroke 3 iPhone 4's and all the iPads at the Roosevelt Field Mall Apple Store in NY.

Some employee's were hassling me and I made a case out of it had a printed copy of the DMCA ruling and asked for the supervisor and told him he can not tell me to stop.

Same as someone checking e-mail on the floor model device, jailbreaking is legal as checking e-mail and he backed off!

I am sure they restored though.....
    Actually since you DON'T OWN the phones you can be prosecuted under DMCA,as along as your are carrying a copy of DMCA around you might try reading it.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Default Did this on original iphone in 2007
    The very first JB was a safari exploit and I tested 3 display phones on the 5th ave store before I did mine, what is the big deal. OTA untethered JB is was the first JB ever!! Every stupid scraggly haired, pierce laden waste of space at any apple store could care less if the displays are JBed or not. Oh and don't get me started on genius bar losers, I read from a script too. You are all one step from outsourced dible dables sitting in a cube. My dog has more tech savy they all the genius bar folks.

Off soap box, have a nice day

I have thought of a way to accomplish this, but as others have said, the phone doesn't belong to you, so you really shouldn't do it.

I did it in NY too in Long Island.

Cant you just go through a proxy and do it ahahaah.

i jailbroke 3 ipads and 6 iphones...that makes my **** 10in long!

SARCASM

@LGgeek not "a bunch of anarchists" but a bunch of kids on summer break with not much to do...I stopped posting here after I realized the mean age of this (and most jb) forum is about 14...
    Last edited by nimavafi; 2010-08-10 at 12:35 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I fail to see why someone needs "guts" to do this. This was something being done when the "first" jailbreakme.com was released. They can;t do a thing to you, other than ask you to leave. How is this "gutsy". Frankly, I fail to see what the big deal is in the first place. I think most people allow themselves to think that Apple has much more power than they truly do...

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    Actually since you DON'T OWN the phones you can be prosecuted under DMCA,as along as your are carrying a copy of DMCA around you might try reading it.
    Perhaps, if you are stupid enough to actually stay in the store when they say "please wait here while we call the police". There is, of course, the question of whether Apple is STUPID enough to prosecute these people as it would give them very, VERY bad rep. In short, it is worth it for them to deal with you rather than seeing headlines in a newspaper reading "APPLE Throws Teen in the Slammer for Jailbreaking a Display Piece".
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2010-08-10 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    In short, it is worth it for them to deal with you rather than seeing headlines in a newspaper reading "APPLE Throws Teen in the Slammer for Jailbreaking a Display Piece".
    I doubt that'd ever make it to the headlines...maybe some local crime column, but a headline for low level vandalism, unlikely.

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

ahaha easy.. turn off wifi..
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    idiots.
    Agreed!! Completely pointless! Absolutely no reason/benefit to doing this. It's things like this, that ruin it for everyone else! Just my humble opinion.

haha 2day at the santa clara valley fair apple store i jailbroke 2 i phone 4's by using the wifi from another source in store i didnt get caught

Thanks
    After the government basically said that jailbreaking is legal, that's just like rubbing it in their faces after making a game winning shot. Sure it's funny to do but at the end of the day, that's just a dumb move on someone's part. And it's not like you can blame an entire community for that either, but you know that's what they are going to do, simply because they are pissed that jail-breaking is legal.

I don't understand the whole concept behind this whole jail-breaking in store phones? I mean is this the equivalent to having sex in public and praying you don't get caught? I can't believe someone people would brag about something some meaningless and retarded. Don't we jailbreak stuff for us (personally)? So, technically if you don't own it, you can't modify it.
    I jailbroke 3 iPhone 4's and all the iPads at the Roosevelt Field Mall Apple Store in NY.

Some employee's were hassling me and I made a case out of it had a printed copy of the DMCA ruling and asked for the supervisor and told him he can not tell me to stop.

Same as someone checking e-mail on the floor model device, jailbreaking is legal as checking e-mail and he backed off!

Pulling out a document means nothing, especially if you haven't read it yourself and are making things up? How old are you? 12? It's not court they are just going to arrest you for simple vandalism, you just got lucky the store owner was a retard either that or you just made this entire story up.
    Last edited by Ryuzaki 786; 2010-08-10 at 09:00 AM.

Default BS Meter !!!!!

You are FOS. You have no RIGHT to mess with any of their stuff. I seriously do not believe your "...told him he can not tell me to stop." nonsense.

You are an immature idiot.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Went to Best Buy, I try to jailbreak two iPhones there, they had jailbreakme.com blocked so I didnt took the time to use MyWi from my iPhone, I didnt had the time and as soon that I left the computers area, 4 employees went to check all of them to see if everything was fine. Best Buy is aware of this too.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast