Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Carrier Unlock is Released!

Quote Originally Posted by roflc0pter View Post
    Found a bug I think

Death Grip the phone until signal goes to searching. After searching it will show No Service

Restarting the phone fixes the problem
    Nope. Leave it be long enough and your signal will return. I have weak signal in my apartment and this happens quite often. Not an issue with the unlock. It does take a good 30 secs to 1 minute for me to get bars. YMMV, obviously.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I unlocked my iPhone 4, tired it with my t-mobile sim card and got charged 20 cents for an international text to the UK, guess it has something to do with FaceTime, strange.

I'm new to this whole unlocking so can someone answer me if this unlock works for those who have the 3GS on 3.1.3 firmware with the new bootrom and jailbroken with spirit? Because I installed ultrasn0w and it didn't unlock my phone. Thanks...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Markanthony3211 View Post
    I was just on the phone with a T-Mobile Representative, and he told me that T-Mobile has just started supporting "UMTS" and "1900, 2100 MHz" which means that T-Mobile can now support 3G on the iPhone. And to further confirm this, he told me that they just started doing this about "a month and a half ago" and he told me that he currently uses his 3Gs on T-Mobile with 3G enabled! He said there will be different APN settings to input. You guys should call T-Mobile to confirm this also.

Maybe, just, maybe, this is the first step to supporting the iPhone on it's network.
    this is on there web site i will call....http://support.t-mobile.com/doc/tm23715.xml

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Whats the source of this information, can you show it is true?
    My information came from the guy at the Genius Bar (just play dumb.) They have a new program that, at the very least, will void your warranty. Once they plug the phone in, it tells them if an "unauthorized" sim card has ever been inserted into the phone. BTW, I receive no compensation for my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by volcom2218 View Post
    I unlocked my iPhone 4, tired it with my t-mobile sim card and got charged 20 cents for an international text to the UK, guess it has something to do with FaceTime, strange.
    i got same thing,today Tmobile charge me total $2.80 for international text,i have to call to block all text

Unlocked mine even I am using AT&T but this is good if I ll travel outside US so I can pop in a Pre-paid SIM! Feel good to have my iPhone JB and now unlocked as well!

Quote Originally Posted by roflc0pter View Post
    Is there any truth to this?
    I Don't believe so.
    T-Mobile in the USA has the licence for 1700/2100 band
    AT&T use 850/1900
    The rest of the world 2100 apart from Australia which use either 2100 or 850/1900
    There is, AFAIK no 1900/2100 and even if their was, it's not supported by the iPhone which supports 850/1900 and 2100
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by raghavmehra View Post
    i am using 3gs new bootrom 3.1.2
    when i update to ios4.01 will i be able to jailbreak n unlock?
    will i need to activate the phone first?
    i dont hav original sim as i am india..so how can i activate it?
    how do i activate it if i dont have an at&t sim or the phonebook sim card???

because if i cant activate the phone i cant get past the emergency thing and i cant open jailbreakme.com
    please give a solution

Buy an AT&T SIM (if that's who it's locked too).
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by volcom2218 View Post

Why would FaceTime have anything to do with it when no one can even get it to work w Tmobile??? Do u work for apple? Trying to scare people away?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Buy an AT&T SIM (if that's who it's locked too).
    is there any other way to activate it because i am in india
    i dont hav a phonebook sim card as well

No. Why can't you just buy an AT&T SIM? Do you not have access to eBay in India?

there is ebay in india but no at&t..for how much can i buy at&t sim from the att&t store in usa as my mom is coming back from there on 9th..tell me the cheapest please

I have no idea, I don't live in the USA. Everyone in other countries just buy AT&T SIMs for a few $ from eBay. Why buy on from AT&T?

I have a 3gs on 3.1.2 JB with Blackrain, should I just update to 4.0.1 through iTunes or should I DL the FW and then restore?
    If I do a normal update, will the baseband be updated? Will I still be able to go back to 3.1.2 if I have problems with iOS4 if my baseband has been updated?
    Thanks for any help.

everytime i try to load cydia I keep getting a network error(unable to load the internet connection appears to be offline).I can get everything else, sections, changes,manage and search? I am using the wifi to connect my 3g and my internet connection is very good or I would not be able to write this post.

Quote Originally Posted by nyle View Post
    I have a 3gs on 3.1.2 JB with Blackrain, should I just update to 4.0.1 through iTunes or should I DL the FW and then restore?
    If I do a normal update, will the baseband be updated? Will I still be able to go back to 3.1.2 if I have problems with iOS4 if my baseband has been updated?
    Thanks for any help.
    Update to 4.01 in iTunes. It will update your BB but that only matters for the unlock which now updates the latest BB. Provided you have your blobs on file you will be able to downgrade the FW (but not the BB).
    If you do a clean restore and set up as a new phone (don't restore from a backup) you shouldn't have any problems with 4.01 though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Success ... got it running last night on my Globe sim.

One comment tho, everytime I plug the phone into the laptop, it always says "Welcome to your new iPhone"

Is that normal? My 3gs went directly to sync. This one wants me to setup a new phone but when I push continue, it recognizes the phone and syncs normally. Just an extra step/click.

Thanks

question, will a VZW globe sim work in Europe since its basically a vondafone sim? might be a stupid question.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast