Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 193

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 4 Carrier Unlock is Released!

  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by raghavmehra View Post
    i am using 3gs new bootrom 3.1.2
    when i update to ios4.01 will i be able to jailbreak n unlock?
    will i need to activate the phone first?
    i dont hav original sim as i am india..so how can i activate it?


    anyone?

  2. #142
    Ok so after reading 10 pages here I see lots of Tmobile users with the FaceTime issue but not one person with a suggestion that works. Can we get a Lil help on this? Is it possible to use on Tmobile while on wifi??? Just says waiting for activation.

  3. #143
    hey i have an idea about facetime, does anybody know a UK Tmo customer who bought an unlocked ip4 in UK but factory unlocked and is now using it with T-mobile. The reason I ask is I would gladly like to know what your APN settings are for cellular data and such.... this might be the key...obviously from what i read some of these people who bought them unlocked, had problems the 1st days but supposedly i read Tmo.. set them straight ..
    so if you are out there please let us know your info

  4. #144
    I was just on the phone with a T-Mobile Representative, and he told me that T-Mobile has just started supporting "UMTS" and "1900, 2100 MHz" which means that T-Mobile can now support 3G on the iPhone. And to further confirm this, he told me that they just started doing this about "a month and a half ago" and he told me that he currently uses his 3Gs on T-Mobile with 3G enabled! He said there will be different APN settings to input. You guys should call T-Mobile to confirm this also.

    Maybe, just, maybe, this is the first step to supporting the iPhone on it's network.
    Last edited by Markanthony3211; 2010-08-04 at 10:26 PM.
    "The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

    'Follow Me on [email protected]' I always Follow Back.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by capttanhowdy View Post
    Ok so after reading 10 pages here I see lots of Tmobile users with the FaceTime issue but not one person with a suggestion that works. Can we get a Lil help on this? Is it possible to use on Tmobile while on wifi??? Just says waiting for activation.
    Well I had to restore my phone to factory settings after face time stopped working completely even after unistalling Ultrasnow, resetting network settings , rebooting etc etc . The unlock itself worked great, but I wan't my face time Restoring iphone and rejailbreakin as we speak now.

  6. #146
    Do you need to by a sim address card to first activate your phone? Ive read everything but not sure how to actual unlock the phone first so I can jailbreak it since the phone still has not been activated through itunes I cant get to a browser on the phone obviously. Thanks for the help in advance.

  7. #147
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,878
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by morehomes View Post
    Do you need to by a sim address card to first activate your phone? Ive read everything but not sure how to actual unlock the phone first so I can jailbreak it since the phone still has not been activated through itunes I cant get to a browser on the phone obviously. Thanks for the help in advance.
    Yes either a sim address/phonebook sim card or a carrier sim of whatever carrier the phone is locked too will do.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    morehomes (2010-08-04)

  9. #148
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    600
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 112 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by raghavmehra View Post
    i am using 3gs new bootrom 3.1.2
    when i update to ios4.01 will i be able to jailbreak n unlock?
    will i need to activate the phone first?
    i dont hav original sim as i am india..so how can i activate it?
    Update your iphone
    Take your/any sim card thats in the iphone right now out...
    Open safari on iphone and go to: jailbreakme.com
    Jailbreak!!......then go to Cydia and find & install: Ultrasn0w 1.0-1.....and you should be all good to go to use any sim card again........
    You Know You Want to Hit It...[Thanks!]

  10. #149
    anyone has a way to fix facetime after u unlock the phone ?? it worked on mine but not on my friends...

    on mine mms wont work even while on wifi

    i reset network like and reboot like 20 times

  11. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Je5 View Post
    I think it is the dumbest thing to use it on T-mobile slow ***** network who cant even handle AT&T faster data..!!! broke ***** people who have bad credit I guess.!!!!
    Dude you are an idiot!! Shut up and go get a life. I save over 150 bucks a month with Simple Mobile (works or t-mobile towers), and will never go back to At&t rip-off service. With the money I save I am able to pay for a MiFi device with 5gb of data per month and I don't need any extra plans to run my iPads, Laptops, and my iphone running slow Edge.

    So how you like me now?

    Dudes a Tool for At&t!!

  12. #151
    my cellular data & MMS work after i took tmobile sim card out and put back in the phone
    wish this help someone

  13. #152
    Where do I send the Dev team a tip?

    Paypal?

  14. #153
    Even though this doesn't apply to me im still really excited.
    From the Fire We Shall Ascend

  15. #154
    Retired Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,099
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJoey View Post
    Where do I send the Dev team a tip?

    Paypal?
    Dev team don't take donations but PB has a Cydia app for sale called Signal. You could buy that as a thanks.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

  16. #155
    Anyone notice that the contacts in text messages don't have names, as in there just numbers, where they used to be first and last names?

  17. #156
    HOW I FIXED MY MMS Hope this helps someone....
    under settings go to general
    then network
    then cellular data network (make sure its switched to on also)

    in the mms category put these settings
    APN epc.tmobile.com
    username (leave blank)
    Password (leave blank)
    MMSC http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    mms proxy (leave blank)
    mms max message size (leave blank)
    mms ua prof url (leave blank)

    This should work for the iphone 4 on tmobile
    you might need to reboot after inputting all this


    also try and send your self a mms afterwards

    HOPE THIS HELPS! HIT THANKS IF IT DOES!

  18. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Markanthony3211 View Post
    I was just on the phone with a T-Mobile Representative, and he told me that T-Mobile has just started supporting "UMTS" and "1900, 2100 MHz" which means that T-Mobile can now support 3G on the iPhone. And to further confirm this, he told me that they just started doing this about "a month and a half ago" and he told me that he currently uses his 3Gs on T-Mobile with 3G enabled! He said there will be different APN settings to input. You guys should call T-Mobile to confirm this also.

    Maybe, just, maybe, this is the first step to supporting the iPhone on it's network.
    Is there any truth to this?

  19. #158
    I have question.
    I have 3GS which is not unlocked or jailbroken.
    Version 3.1.3(7E18)
    Serial no. xx948vxxxxx
    Model: MB716LL

    Modem Firmware: 05.12.01

    With this unlock can I upgrade to ios4 and have it unlocked using jailbreakme and this unlock

    Is this possible ?

    Thanks

  20. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by paaji View Post
    I have question.
    I have 3GS which is not unlocked or jailbroken.
    Version 3.1.3(7E18)
    Serial no. xx948vxxxxx
    Model: MB716LL

    Modem Firmware: 05.12.01

    With this unlock can I upgrade to ios4 and have it unlocked using jailbreakme and this unlock

    Is this possible ?

    Thanks
    Yep your good to go

  21. #160
    Found a bug I think

    Death Grip the phone until signal goes to searching. After searching it will show No Service

    Restarting the phone fixes the problem

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •