Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Carrier Unlock is Released!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    does it support the new baseband in 4.1 b3?
    No.

If anyone has found this unlock useful and wants to support the guy that has probably spent most time getting it to work (including sleepless nights and missed meals) then you can do so by buying 'Signal' from cydia for $5 written by planetbeing. A great app that shows you all sorts of information about your signal.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Everything is peachy with me except two things; I would like to get facetime activated (I am on Simple Mobile, basically same as T-Mobile), and I need to turn the carrier settings on under network. There is no way for me to enter my edge and MMS setting because the option is not there.
    If anyone has figured out any of these two issues please share as I know I am not the only one missing these setting.
    thank you for the great work everybody!

Thank you one again

Thanks

cant send a pic sms after unlocking, still on at&t just like to have my phone unlocked for when i travel over seas. anyone has this problem?

also after reboot, carrier is missing from settings.

@Monofrio

its not possible yet to edit mms settings on ios 4 any iphone

its possible to edit APN settings, download the iPhone Configuration Utility from apple.com (google it) and then edit the proper settings and install the profile on your phone.

Also, i have not been able to get facetime to work. It says Waiting for Authorization in Settings>Phone
    Its an Ultrasn0w'd iPhone 4 Originally a ATT iPhone but im in Guam trying to use it on Docomo Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
    @Monofrio

its not possible yet to edit mms settings on ios 4 any iphone

its possible to edit APN settings, download the iPhone Configuration Utility from apple.com (google it) and then edit the proper settings and install the profile on your phone.

Also, i have not been able to get facetime to work. It says Waiting for Authorization in Settings>Phone
    Its an Ultrasn0w'd iPhone 4 Originally a ATT iPhone but im in Guam trying to use it on Docomo Pacific
    Awesome tip man, thanks! Downloaded and trying right now. Will give update as soon as I upload the APN settings.

Thanks

How is simple mobile! Rates better than tmobile?

JESUS ******* CHRIST! Ok iphone 4 is done with jailbreak and unlock! YAY! NOW back to the 3G users our phone is ******* retarted! Help Us Please!

THANK YOU... thank dev team for coming out with the unlock... comex for the jailbreak and everytone who have helped with my problem earlier... now my iphone 4 is up and running... on TMOBILE... with hand cut sim... thank everyone

Default Awesome
    Fantastic work guys!! I guess the key to the jb / unlock is the original sim from AT&T. got my T-mobile on iPhone 3GS with the new bootrom.

great work, thanks again. I'm going to cydia to get the signal app right now.

Thanks

I had to uninstall ultrasn0w to be able to send a picture through mms, anyone know why I had to do that? would love to leave it installed. please advise

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination View Post
    NOW back to the 3G users our phone is ******* retarted! Help Us Please!
    What help do you want?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macfollower View Post
    Buddy no luck .
    It still says - Did not find repository
    The indicated repository could not be found. This could be because you are trying to add a legacy installer repository )these are not supported). Also, this interface is only capable of working with exact repository urlS if you host a repository.....

are you sure you're typing the number 0(zero) on the word "sn0w" part and not a letter O?

Quote Originally Posted by shortgun52 View Post
    Anyone know how to get facetime work with tmobile US?
    mine not working,i don't have data plan
    my iphone 4 does not show cellcular data option
    thanks
    First of all you need to have a data plan to get it to work over 3G connection. Second, you need to download the My3G application on cydia to trick the phone that its connecting on wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by romotx View Post
    does it unlock 4.0.1 update
    yes
    Last edited by cqshe1423; 2010-08-04 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by moliko View Post
    reboot the device got 3G but still no face tim

Melech518
    do you know from where i can prepare the setting of the internet using carrier internet not WiFi
    From iPhone on wifi, go to www.unlockit.co.nz and select your carrier then install the apn profile

I just bought a free contract iphone 4 (I'm from another South America). Obviously, I haven't activated the phone through iTunes. There's no way to get to the device's MobileSafari to jailbreak the cell phone and then unlock it. Please help! What can I do. Do I need to activate it with AT&T first? Can I do it with Prepaid Cards, and then be able to get into safari? Thanks in advance!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

ok, I reinstalled ultrasn0w and now I cant send pictures by MMS.

I can not find any documentation on this. I am using my AT&T sim card on 3g. makes no sense. I guess since no one has an answer for this, I will just uninstall again and leave it that way

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

A definite milestone! I must say, since Apple is selling FACTORY unlocked phones in other countries, I would much rather just opt for that and not have to worry about unlocking ever again though *assuming I was to go on TMO USA).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    Yup, worked perfect for me. T-Mobile US Prepaid!

Edit: So I have noticed that unless I turn FaceTime off in settings, my pre paid balance get charged 10cents every time I reboot my IPhone 4. I get a warning message about something like "Your carrier may charge MMS fees for connection to video calls" or something like that. Kinda sucks.

What pre paid plan do you have?? And witch way did you go about making your micro sim ?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast