Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My3G Updated, Supports FaceTime

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok great, but maybe first could I get it so I can jailbreak an still have FaceTime over wifi?!?

'My3G' does not work. Only app it seems to work on is "App Store'. Not working with YouTube..iChatr..Facetime. Not even asking me if I want to enable 'My3G' when I have that option selected. Yes, I have those apps selected. Tried uninstalling, then reinstalling. Restarting phone. Still nothing. I have the Trial Version on an iPhone 4....anybody have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by robertseaton View Post
    3gUnrestrictor does indeed work w/Facetime. You need to add your "Phone" app and then after adding click on the blue ">" to enable the bypass option.

It works. I just used it.
    I appreciate your reply about 3G unrestrictor, but I still am unable to get it to work. Is there anything else you have to do? I added the green phone app from apple, and the I enabled the "IsDirect flag". It still does not work. :-/
    I tried closing every open app and restarting, but so far nothing has helped. Strangely and contrary to the modmyi thread about iOS 4 compatible apps, I see that YouTube does indeed become unrestricted with this program. I at least know it can work, but I can't figure out how to make it work with FaceTime.

Any more help would be appreciated! Thanks.

I can`t get My3g to work with facetime, I paid for and installed it on my and my wife`s Iphone 4. Both has 4.0.1 updates. One phone will show the My3g when trying to use Facetime, the other says connect to wifi, I have reinstalled with same results. Anyone have any ideals what might be the problem?

Default facetime with evo4g
    Iv been searching but couldnt find the answer. can we do a face time call with the sprint evo 4g? anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by iphone565 View Post
    Iv been searching but couldnt find the answer. can we do a face time call with the sprint evo 4g? anyone know?
    I believe you can use Fring to video chat with Android phones but FaceTime itself needs to be supported by Android before you can just Facetime call each other.

Facetime is an open standard but the other applications/phones need to choose to implement it for it to work so for now Facetime is just from 4 to 4.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    What's worse than double-posting? Double posting incorrect information twice. MiWi won't do anything at all for FaceTime. It creates a personal wifi network, it doesn't trick apps to thinking they are on wifi.
    But couldn't you use MiWi to create a hotspot to connect to and use FaceTime with 3G that way? I would think that would work.

^ it's my3g not mywi

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you get My3g without having rock?

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    ^ it's my3g not mywi
    Apparently you couldn't be bothered to read.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sabresfan08 View Post
    Apparently you couldn't be bothered to read.
    No, my friend. Apparently you don't understand the difference between MyWi and My3G. They are two entirely different apps, doing two entirely different things.

FaceTime, as it is designed, will only work over a WiFi connection. My3G will "trick" FaceTime (and many other apps) into thinking that they are actually on WiFi, even though they are on 3G.

MyWi is an app that will create a personal WiFi network using your 3G connection on your iPhone, so that other equipment (ie. your computer, ipad, etc) sees your iPhone as a WiFi router, and connects to the internet through your iPhone.

So, running MyWi will not do anything at all for FaceTime. Unless you are talking about a second iPhone using MyWi, and the first iPhone connecting to the internet through that and then opening FaceTime. I guess that would potentially work, if you were crazy enough to use 2 iPhone just to accomplish that. But, its probably just a BIT less expensive to splurge on the $3.99 My3G app....

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'd like to know the same thing without reading 9 pages. RockApp has caused me too many past problems to feel safe installing it. I don't dislike the guy behind it. Just the problems it's caused me.

No, my friend. Apparently you don't understand the difference between MyWi and My3G. They are two entirely different apps, doing two entirely different things.

FaceTime, as it is designed, will only work over a WiFi connection. My3G will "trick" FaceTime (and many other apps) into thinking that they are actually on WiFi, even though they are on 3G.

MyWi is an app that will create a personal WiFi network using your 3G connection on your iPhone, so that other equipment (ie. your computer, ipad, etc) sees your iPhone as a WiFi router, and connects to the internet through your iPhone.

So, running MyWi will not do anything at all for FaceTime. Unless you are talking about a second iPhone using MyWi, and the first iPhone connecting to the internet through that and then opening FaceTime. I guess that would potentially work, if you were crazy enough to use 2 iPhone just to accomplish that. But, its probably just a BIT less expensive to splurge on the $3.99 My3G app....
    That message wasn't directed at you. What I was saying before is since MyWi creates a WiFi network using your 3G connection couldn't you activate MyWi, go into 'Settings' and connect to the WiFi network and use FaceTime that way? I don't have an iPhone4 so I don't know if that works, but with my 3G if I use MyWi it shows up under settings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sabresfan08 View Post
    That message wasn't directed at you. What I was saying before is since MyWi creates a WiFi network using your 3G connection couldn't you activate MyWi, go into 'Settings' and connect to the WiFi network and use FaceTime that way? I don't have an iPhone4 so I don't know if that works, but with my 3G if I use MyWi it shows up under settings.
    You can't connect your iPhone to the wifi network you create with your iPhone. That would be like plugging an extension cord into itself and expecting to get electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by N4cer View Post
    I'd like to know the same thing without reading 9 pages. RockApp has caused me too many past problems to feel safe installing it. I don't dislike the guy behind it. Just the problems it's caused me.
    I asked that question a page back. No, right now rock needs to be installed to have my3g.

I agree I won't install it unless there is a no rock version. Besides I tried it on my friend's phone and it skipped a lot and stalled. Then his wifi facetime didn't look right either not until he uninstalled my3g.
    Guess the bitrate is just a bit too high since it was built as a wifi app.

Thanks

You know, the quality of your FaceTime experience over 3G is all dependent upon how strong your 3G connection is. If the FaceTime is stuttering, its not because of My3G, it is because of the quality of the connection. And regardless, it should have zero affect upon using FaceTime over WiFi.

You know, the quality of your FaceTime experience over 3G is all dependent upon how strong your 3G connection is. If the FaceTime is stuttering, its not because of My3G, it is because of the quality of the connection. And regardless, it should have zero affect upon using FaceTime over WiFi.
    Yes I know this. It makes me wonder if it's worth exploring my3g for myself in my area.
    And it was weird that it Did affect facetime over wifi. We were both on wifi, same network too and it didn't look as good. He uninstalled my3g and it looked better.
    Tried it more than once. Just wondering if anyone else noticed anything of that sort.

Does anybody happen to know where I could find the sbsettings toggle for this app so I dont have to go thru the trouble of reinstalling/Uninstalling Rock on my phone again.
    Please....
    Thanks

The cydia mobile substrate update messed up my facetime as it won't work with my3g installed. This sucks because it worked perfect yesterday.

By the way, 3G to 3G facetime with good reception has better latency than over wifi.
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

wow, what is this?? It happens when my friend make a facetime call to me. The screen starts flashing with this message. My phone doesn't even feel warm. Reboot fix it.

Last edited by pumperx; 2010-08-05 at 03:52 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast