Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 is Jailbroken aka The Return of JailbreakMe.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

jailbroken!
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

Do you wait on the space scene or should something come up?

You know, I get that things have to be more and more simple for people these days because most just want a magical solution for everything. With that being said, I have to question the person(s) that came up with this website jailbreak solution. It would be much better to just release a jailbreak, upload it on a server and allow people to create mirrors. Again, I understand the reasoning behind this but seriously, a cat with down syndrome could have and would have known these problems would occur with the servers. Flame away keepers of the brown noses, flame away. I love to read the inane little attempts at insulting me.
    Roll Tide!

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

I am beta testing 4.1 beta 2. ant chance this will work for me... Or should I attempt to downgrade via xCode?
    Thanks,

Timbo

Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
    I got through there too...but what does it do? mine just shows a wallpaper after i "Slide to Jailbreak"

Same here, why is this happening? Is it due to the overloaded server?

Quote Originally Posted by Nips_19 View Post
    Do you wait on the space scene or should something come up?
    answers to this question would be appreciated.

wooooohooooooooo now doing its magic

downloading progress bar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post

The iPhone 4 jailbreak is released, and with class.

It was nearly 3 years ago now Apple released the 1.1.1 firmware and the jailbreak community saw it's most memorable jailbreak tool released - JailbreakMe.com. These were the very early days of the Dev Team - the folks involved with the original tweak were hdm/metasploit, rezn, dinopio, drudge, kroo, pumpkin, davidc, dunham, and NerveGas. Some of those guys are still involved in the scene.

The tool jailbroke your iDevice and installed Installer.app (huh? What's that? Cydia wouldn't even be publicly released for a few more months. Installer.app was released in August of 2007) on your homescreen by doing nothing more on the user's end than visiting a website - JailbreakMe.com.

For the past few weeks, comex and the iPhone Dev Team have been hard at work creating the iOS4 / iPhone 4's jailbreak. And it is now officially released - all you have to do is visit JailbreakMe.com once again - this time from your iPhone 4. Oh, and it's not just for the iPhone 4. The renewed JailbreakMe.com now supports a TON of devices:

• iPod 1G on 3.1.2
    • iPod 1G on 3.1.3
    • iPod 2G on 3.1.2
    • iPod 2G on 3.1.3
    • iPod 2G on 4.0
    • iPod 3G on 3.1.2
    • iPod 3G on 3.1.3
    • iPod 3G on 4.0
    • iPad on 3.2
    • iPad on 3.2.1
    • iPhone 3G on 3.1.2
    • iPhone 3G on 3.1.3
    • iPhone 3G on 4.0
    • iPhone 3G on 4.0.1
    • iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.2
    • iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.3
    • iPhone 3G[S] on 4.0
    • iPhone 3G[S] on 4.0.1
    • iPhone 4 on 4.0
    • iPhone 4 on 4.0.1

Much time was put into the development of this jailbreak, and it's smooth as butter - when you visit the website from your iPhone, you're greeted with a slick "Slide to Jailbreak" slider. And... well, that's it. You slide. It jailbreaks your iPhone. Cydia is on your homescreen. No restarting your phone (although when you open Cydia the first time it will do it's normal first-run rearranging of file system and require a restart), no button sequence, just a jailbroken iPhone 4. Or iPhone 3G[S]. Or iPod Touch. Or iPad. You get the picture.

We expect Pwnage Tool to receive a refresh sometime soon for folks who like the added benefits it offers (root partition sizing, boot images, auto-install packages, non-userland jailbreak, etc), but for now there's no official time on a release for that, and my iPhone 4 is jailbroken. 3 cheers for comex and the Dev Team.

Mod on, legal customizers.

Also - we're hosting planetbeing's new iPhone app, Signal. It's available through the Cydia Store now, and works on 3G, 3G[S], and the iPhone 4. Signal maps the cell towers you are connected to and displays detailed cellular information from the baseband. Pretty nifty app which runs $4.99. The Dev Team and planetbeing don't accept donations - but these guys have put a LOT of work into the iPhone and the most recent unlock and jailbreak! Grab that app in Cydia asap to give back to planetbeing - and get a sweet app as well.

So if im on 3.1.2 i can update via itunes to 4.0.1 then jailbreak and still unlock in future ????

Iphone 3gs,spirit jb new bootrom unlocked via itunes (thanks to o2-uk).
    I know im unlocked now but tomorrow im gonna grab an iphone 4 and dont know if i can get o2 to unlock it yet so i will be stuck with my 3gs till then.

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

I am freeeeeeeee!!!!! :d

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    But how can I access it if my phone is only at emergency ??????

Some one help
    You will need a ATT sim to be able to bypass to the home screen, or you can use a sim card copier.

the modmyi one doesn't do anything...and the waiting continues.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    someone who has done it! please inform us of if it is supposed to go to a plain page of the wallpaper in the browser!

Updating to 4.0.1 now then giving this a go! Cant wait! I got an iphone 4 the 4th day it was out and have been WAITING to use it ever since!

Im on the site now. It says "downloading... may take a while" Then it times out. I guess I will just have to keep trying!

2 simple questions:

1. Does this mean there's basically a big ole security hole in all the latest versions of Safari? Since I remember the original browser jailbreak being a fairly trivial patch.

2. What are the odds of this being patched for the iPad release of iOS 4 and subsequent iOS releases? I remember lots of talk about an "unpatchable" exploit.

Just got through on the "real" site after flushing my browsing history. After sliding the spinning wheel is at the top now, appears to be doing something at least..
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

F yes Jailbreakme.com. I remember those days! Too bad the site is down. THIS IS AWESOME

Hopefully when the servers are finally iced down I'll see some magic. I can load the page, slide the bar then I just see the galaxy pic. No download yet. I'll keep trying. I'm just glad it's done. Very cool. I'll be mesmerized when I see cydia on my 4.

How long is it taking you guys to get the downloading progress bar?

Im using the MMI mirror but not getting anything other than the background after sliding

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    wooooohooooooooo now doing its magic

downloading progress bar
    did you sit on the space wallpaper for awhile?
    or did you just keep trying until it worked?

Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast