Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1170

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 is Jailbroken aka The Return of JailbreakMe.com

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Yes it is possible, that was talked about in this thread around page 50 I believe. It won't work with the current files that are up on jailbreakme right now though, you would have needed the files from it when it was working.
    i got the needed pfd file but i dont think thats all needed. caz when i used this site before it downloaded 3 mb of data and the pdf file is only 13kb. so if other files were available then we cud had done it ourselves. i ran the pdf file from my own server and nothing happened.

try to help one of my friend to jailbreak a new i4 with 4.01. go to jailbreakme.com and click slide to jailbreak, but it keeps failing. something is going on....

Thanks

Tried to JB a 4 and used 3.0.1 and no luck. everytime i swipe i get the oops!
    HELP. i have tried the airplane mode thing, shift in itunes to 4.0, but apple is no longer signing that one, and now 4.0.1 is not working either. had to do the 4.0.2 and need help bad. I have read about 60 pages of gripes, bit@#3$, complaints and info. Have done the search, and stonewalled. can anybody out there help? Is AT&T blocking "jailbreakme.com" I have tried the jailbreakme.modmyi.com, and two other variations. obviously put the phone in DFU mode for these, and nuthyn!
    HELP!

4.0.2 blocks the jailbreak. If you are using 4.0.2, you cannot jailbreak.

As to it not working with 4.0.1, I used it three or four times on iPhones and iPads with no issues. (clear cache in Safari, etc, per helpful hints). Maybe they are doing something with it right now and it is going to be updated? Or maybe you've got a system issue. Or something else is going on.
    Senior

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

unklbyl (2010-08-17)

Thanks

THANKS for the info. I just JB 3 iphones yesterday morning, and as of about 9:00 at nite, it was not working anymore. got the oops, and everything else.
    Come on update!

Quote Originally Posted by unklbyl View Post
    THANKS for the info. I just JB 3 iphones yesterday morning, and as of about 9:00 at nite, it was not working anymore. got the oops, and everything else.
    Come on update!
    If you are on 4.0.2 you cannot use jailbreakme...the only way to jailbreak would be to use your backed up 4.0.1 SHSH (assuming you backed up on cydia's servers via tiny umbrella) you can then downgrade and restore to 4.0.1 and then use www.jailbreakme.com (you need to type it in your browser in full...the devs (musclenerd via his tweet) are trying to resolve some issues, so typing in without the www, you may encounter some problems.

EDIT: just saw a tweet from @comex...jailbreakme should be fine now.
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 2010-08-17 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tellytel View Post
    And how would you be able to do that without shsh blobs exactly?

sounds like you have secret that nobody else knows.
    to be honest, I don't know what all this SHSH blob stuff is about. My phone was delivered via FedEx from apple in china. It came and I had to go to at&t to do an upgrade swap on the numbers... the phone was delivered with 4.0.2 and even if it wasn't, going into att they would have upgraded it while setting it up before i even walked out of the store. When I came home I downloaded 4.0.1 firmware from a direct apple link and used option + click in itunes(v9.2) to load 4.0.1 and then went to jailbreakme, which crashed the first time I tried to run it, but after a full reboot of the phone it worked.

so now i have all my JB apps from my 3GS loaded on my iphone 4 and when I go to Cydia it says that my device has SHSHs on file for 4.0.1.... because I hit makemylife easier... and while other people said it was taking days for the request, mine took a mater or seconds to show up.

so yea I don't know if its some secret, its just something thats not being discussed here on the forums, all the information I got said that I was going to be screwed and not able to downgrade or JB but that was not the case at all, it was quite painless actually.

I thought I would share the information I have and what worked for me, because as far as i can tell, you can still Jb even if you are just getting your phone now.

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    If you are on 4.0.2 you cannot use jailbreakme...the only way to jailbreak would be to use your backed up 4.0.1 SHSH (assuming you backed up on cydia's servers via tiny umbrella) you can then downgrade and restore to 4.0.1 and then use JailbreakMe (you need to type it in your browser in full...the devs (musclenerd via his tweet) are trying to resolve some issues, so typing in without the www, you may encounter some problems.

EDIT: just saw a tweet from @comex...jailbreakme should be fine now.

I downgraded before i did any of this...
    Last edited by kadernal; 2010-08-17 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Does jailbreakme.com work for 4.0.2? Please let me know. Ty

Quote Originally Posted by kadernal View Post
    to be honest, I don't know what all this SHSH blob stuff is about. My phone was delivered via FedEx from apple in china. It came and I had to go to at&t to do an upgrade swap on the numbers... the phone was delivered with 4.0.2 and even if it wasn't, going into att they would have upgraded it while setting it up before i even walked out of the store. When I came home I downloaded 4.0.1 firmware from a direct apple link and used option + click in itunes(v9.2) to load 4.0.1 and then went to jailbreakme, which crashed the first time I tried to run it, but after a full reboot of the phone it worked.

so now i have all my JB apps from my 3GS loaded on my iphone 4 and when I go to Cydia it says that my device has SHSHs on file for 4.0.1.... because I hit makemylife easier... and while other people said it was taking days for the request, mine took a mater or seconds to show up.

so yea I don't know if its some secret, its just something thats not being discussed here on the forums, all the information I got said that I was going to be screwed and not able to downgrade or JB but that was not the case at all, it was quite painless actually.

I thought I would share the information I have and what worked for me, because as far as i can tell, you can still Jb even if you are just getting your phone now.

I downgraded before i did any of this...
    There's something I'm not understanding from your story...are you in China, and bought your phone from the states and went to AT&T? I didn't realise they had a presence in china, or are you in the states and bought your phone from china? Either way, your story doesn't add up!

To the best of my knowledge, there's no released software that jailbreaks 4.0.2 on the iPhone 4.

I know the latest redsnow tool still jailbreaks the 3G on 4.0.2, but that's about it...check: www.jailbreakmatrix.com

In the past when I've tried to restore to a previous firmware with the option + restore, I've still ended up without a downgrade. So what software did you use to accomplish yours?

As far as I know, you can only restore to a previous firmware if you have access to your SHSH, and currently, tiny umbrella is the tool which makes that possible.

Unless you're one step ahead of the Dev-Team (which is VERY UNLIKELY), I suggest you don't give any misleading information especially to new and uninformed members!

p.s.
    Next time do some proper research...this forum is dedicated to giving accurate and factual information about idevices...let's keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic1213 View Post
    no it does not

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic1213 View Post

No it doesn't...and it probably never will.
    4.0.2 was specifically released by apple to patch the 'hole' exploited by jailbreakme.com

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    There's something I'm not understanding from your story...are you in China, and bought your phone from the states and went to AT&T? I didn't realise they had a presence in china, or are you in the states and bought your phone from china? Either way, your story doesn't add up!

To the best of my knowledge, there's no released software that jailbreaks 4.0.2 on the iPhone 4.

I know the latest redsnow tool still jailbreaks the 3G on 4.0.2, but that's about it...check: iPhone & iTouch Jailbreak / Unlock Matrix | jailbreakmatrix.com

In the past when I've tried to restore to a previous firmware with the option + restore, I've still ended up without a downgrade. So what software did you use to accomplish yours?

As far as I know, you can only restore to a previous firmware if you have access to your SHSH, and currently, tiny umbrella is the tool which makes that possible.

Unless you're one step ahead of the Dev-Team (which is VERY UNLIKELY), I suggest you don't give any misleading information especially to new and uninformed members!

p.s.
    Next time do some proper research...this forum is dedicated to giving accurate and factual information about idevices...let's keep it that way.
    You are correct about needing the SHSH to downgrade in the past. Right now though Apple is still signing 4.0.1 firmware which is how he was able to dowgrade to 4.0.1 still. Once they stop signing it (which could be any day now) you will need SHSH to downgrade again.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

kadernal (2010-08-17)

I bought my phone from apple.com... im in the united states..... the shipping origin for my phone was SHENZHEN China...

i don't know how more accurate i could be.... I provided what happened, and there are other people in here saying they are still signing 4.0.1.... like i said my phone was shipped with 4.0.2 and yesterday when I got it I went to the ATT store to have my upgrade swapped. then I went back to my house, downloaded 4.0.1 and put that on my phone.

I posted in another thread looking for information about this exact situation, and the consensus was I wouldn't be able to JB.... and I know that in the past it might not have worked with option + restore but I figured might as well try it, I am proof that it did work, hence the reason I posted the information. so before you come out here and start saying that I'm posting inaccurate information how about you shut the fu.ck up since you obviously don't know what you are talking about. I have been on this forum longer than you and I might not post much, but when I do I always make sure I am posting something accurate and worthwhile.
    Last edited by kadernal; 2010-08-17 at 07:57 PM.

Calm down dude...guess you deserve a medal for being on here longer and still not knowing what 'SHSH blob' is .

Just tried out and I indeed was able to go back to 4.0.1 from 4.0.2 on my friend's 3Gs....guess I should've done that first, but the first part of your story seemed fishy and I just judged the rest by the cover...no hard feelings dude

BTW, the information I posted is accurate...just didn't think restoring to 4.0.1 would still work until I tried it....nearly done installing all the apps

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iLaw-One For This Useful Post:

kadernal (2010-08-17)

Thanks

The world is a wierd place dude! Anybody had luck downgrading an iphone 4 with 4.0.2?

Yeah dude! lol...
    kadernal says he's done it on iphone 4...so maybe trying his method would work...I'm quite fine with 4.0.1 on my iphone 4.

Thanks

The only problem is that his was a fresh delivery and my problem children have had their phones long enough to screw them up! I guess i'm the fireman over here in Germany.
    I personally still have my 3, JB and unlocked blackrain. I bought a 4 and love it, but my daughter seems to need it worse than I do! Also JB and unlocked.
    unklbyl

Quote Originally Posted by unklbyl View Post
    The only problem is that his was a fresh delivery and my problem children have had their phones long enough to screw them up! I guess i'm the fireman over here in Germany.
    I personally still have my 3, JB and unlocked blackrain. I bought a 4 and love it, but my daughter seems to need it worse than I do! Also JB and unlocked.
    unklbyl
    What firmware do you have on the 4? I presume you have 4.0.2 on it...You could try saving the 4.0.1 SHSH (since apple is apparently still signing it), and then downgrade and use jailbreakme

Thanks

OK, am i missing something?
    don't i have to jailbreak to get cydia on the iphone or is there another way to make that happen? please show me the light!

Let's take this one at a time...What firmware do you have on the iphone 4, and what kind of computer do you have? MAC or Windows PC?

I assume you're trying to jailbreak the iphone 4?
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 2010-08-17 at 09:30 PM.

Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast