Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 is Jailbroken aka The Return of JailbreakMe.com

Quote Originally Posted by macarthur4 View Post
    can i jailbreak my iphone 4 with at&t? what are the pros and cons? i am not familiar with a jailbroken phone.... thanks!!
    yes we can (always wanted to say that as european :-))

pros:
    -many apps apple would not allow, real backgrounding, tethering, themes/icons, removing wifi need for e.g. youtube/appstore/facetime, sbsettings, calender/widgets on lockscreen, access to all files and directorys, blacklists for calls/sms, video/audio playback für avi/mpg/ogg , folders for unlimited apps ... and much much more (also illegal things)

- easy to do, if something goes wrong just restore and try it again - or leave it

- and oh yes unlocking of course.

you can search on youtub for "top cydia apps" to see some of the things you can do. there are 100s of videos

cons:
    -if your a iphone/jailbreak noob you can mess up when you install the wrong apps (some are not ios4 compatible http://tinyurl.com/34su8xy , so you need to inform youself, try them out, deinstall - its time consuming if you like to mess around and try to get all the cool thing - for sure not as idiotproof as the applestore - but if you just want e.g. the unlock its done in a minute and work ...

- the more things you run on your phone (especially with the real backgrounding) the more battery gets consumed (but thats logical isnt it) this goes from not noticeable to suck my battery dry in 1 hour if you run navigation, gps tracking, trapster, mp3, skype, and more at once in the background :-) - but on the other hand you cant do it with the ios4 wannabe multitsking, and you prolly have your charging cable with you. so you can do it if you want also if its not very clever :-)

- you must wait before updating to the newest firmwares until a jb is awailable (or you update without jb and loose the cool apps mentioned above, and therefore your maybe unhappy because you got used to them :-)

- many cool things arent free anymore like in the old days of jailbreaking, but thats not a big con :-)

and @Dayvidpriddy: its not as bad as you describe it, of course there are outdated apps, but if you inform yourself it all works pretty flawless. if you dont know what you do then you can mess up everything - doesnt matter if its an iphone, pc, mac, a microwave or anything else.

i would not suggest it for people who are to lazy to search stuff up to get things running - these "normal user" will prolly be happier with the idiot proof phone/app enviroment apple gives to them.

BUT its you device, if you want different icons, you should be able to do it, or anything else which isnt illegal, that should be the in your hand to decide. and with the jailbreak - yes you can.

sry for the long post/bad english ...
    have fun with you idevice, therefor you bought it, right ?

P.S.: many cool things which got introduced to the new iphone OS's over the years were used on jailbroken phones long time before apple decided to put them in. e.g. mms, videorecording, multitasking, tethering, custom backgrounds, folders, FT over 3g .... of course apple has put them in their OS (or will in future releases) and make them easy to use for the broad mass, but jailbreakers had all these things way earlier.

but of yourse you had to put some afford into all this, i like the way how easy jailbreaking got, but i'm a bit concerned of all the people who have no clue, mess things up and rant/flame around. but thats life, if you dont know what you do you **** up easy
    Last edited by muhkuh; 2010-08-03 at 12:42 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to muhkuh For This Useful Post:

rolandgabor (2010-08-04)

Quote Originally Posted by andy281001 View Post
    used this earlier to jailbreak my 3gs which was on 4.0 when i got it. tried jailbreakme.com but had no joy so emailed myself the pdf file as a few other have done and it worked a treat and just downloaded tomtom software, well chuffed now. Gonna donate when payday comes :-D
    was your tomtom able to find a gps signal? mine wasnt for some reason....

Hello guys,

I can't test either the MMS or Facetime; however I noticed that Skype doesn't work in the background anymore... It says that it doesn't work with any unverified 2.x, 3.x or 3.1.2 versions of the iOS. However, I am sure I downloaded the version for the iPhone 4..!

Any workaround on this?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Digiwolf View Post
    Hello guys,

I can't test either the MMS or Facetime; however I noticed that Skype doesn't work in the background anymore... It says that it doesn't work with any unverified 2.x, 3.x or 3.1.2 versions of the iOS. However, I am sure I downloaded the version for the iPhone 4..!

Any workaround on this?

Thanks in advance!
    mms & facetime should be fixed.

have you tried skype ? you always get the message on jailbroken iphones. On my old jailbroken 3gs 3.1.2 /4.0 it worked, also with this message. just press ok and your fine.

cant try it out with the new iphone4, hopefully i get it tomorrow ...
    Last edited by muhkuh; 2010-08-03 at 12:52 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bluenwhitenikes's Avatar
    Thanks

Every time I attempt to open safari it crashes in a couple of seconds, is anyone else experiencing this??!!
    I'll try every theme at least once!!!!

Cydia seems to be overloaded or down- BigBoss repo and others won't load, cache issue. This happens on my just-bought and just jailbroken 4, as well as my iPad WiFi that I Jailbroke this am and was working fine w/Cydia then.

As to the poster above yakking about how bad jailbreaking is, two things: one, why are you even on a jailbreaking thread? Two, I've had a jb'd 3G, a 3GS and now a 4 with very few problems coming from my jailbreak. Once in a great while an app will be buggy, once in a while I'll get thrown into safe-mode, but I used my 3G for a year straight stock and I kept having to hard reset or restore it when it had problems. I find jailbreaking does nothing untoward to my phone that I can't deal with easily, mostly no problems at all. I have the features I want on my phone that Apple will not enable or allow for pennies (I buy what I use), and I know that my experience is not unusual. Anyone saying that jailbreaking is bad is just talking through their hat (or out their ***).

Wow, the site changed my three letter word for donkey to asterisks!
    Last edited by mr117; 2010-08-03 at 01:04 AM.
    Senior

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default 3GS done :)
    Just did my 3gs 4.0.1, got cydia and Rock installed, and rebooted.
    No problems, except the screen pixel issue at the Apple logo when rebooting.
    Now, million dollar question, which site can/will/does summarize the list of ios4 compatible jailbreak apps, before the problems start? I'd hate to lose the jailbreak again, like I did when I attempted sn0wbreeze.....

Pressing Okay does NOT resolve the backgrounding issue... I used to place my Skype in the background, so people can reach me while I am driving, listening to music etc. Now, the application is terminated when I press the Home Button... Any help please? Could I edit any hidden file to fool Skype..?

Quote Originally Posted by bluenwhitenikes View Post
    Every time I attempt to open safari it crashes in a couple of seconds, is anyone else experiencing this??!!
    after the jailbreak ?

or while trying to jailbreak on jailbreakme.com ?
    clear browser chache, restart and try again.

Hey man whats the source to that theme. Looks really kool.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bluenwhitenikes's Avatar
    Thanks

after jailbreak!! everytime i open safari google starts to load and then kicks me out??!!
    I'll try every theme at least once!!!!

I have a 3GS that is still on 3.1.3, jailbroken with spirit. Can I upgrade to 4.0.1 and use jailbreakme.com on it?

Btw it was a refurbish and I never had it pre-3.1.3.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digiwolf View Post
    Pressing Okay does NOT resolve the backgrounding issue... I used to place my Skype in the background, so people can reach me while I am driving, listening to music etc. Now, the application is terminated when I press the Home Button... Any help please? Could I edit any hidden file to fool Skype..?
    Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it?

Quote Originally Posted by Borischan View Post
    Just did my 3gs 4.0.1, got cydia and Rock installed, and rebooted.
    No problems, except the screen pixel issue at the Apple logo when rebooting.
    Now, million dollar question, which site can/will/does summarize the list of ios4 compatible jailbreak apps, before the problems start? I'd hate to lose the jailbreak again, like I did when I attempted sn0wbreeze.....
    i dont consider the screen pixels as issue, but nvm

iOS4 compatibily list http://tinyurl.com/2wwq3ml (not sure if tested on 3gs or 4, but iOS 4)

iPad compatibily list http://tinyurl.com/35nzlgk

an updated version of snowbreeze for iphone 4 should arrive shortly as read on twitter

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by muhkuh View Post
    i dont consider the screen pixels as issue, but nvm

iOS4 compatibily list http://tinyurl.com/2wwq3ml (not sure if tested on 3gs or 4, but iOS 4)

iPad compatibily list http://tinyurl.com/35nzlgk

an updated version of snowbreeze for iphone 4 should arrive shortly as read on twitter
    Thank you very much!! A reply on modmyi in record time!
    Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Chad711 View Post
    Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it?
    I have the same problem. Deleted the app and still didn't fix it. Now I don't really care so much since that program is a battery hog. Lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the jailbreak. Worth the wait. Anybody else having problems with icons not changing when you load a theme in Winterboard? I have tried several and the stock icons are all that show up.
    Thanks in advance.

alrighty, after a billion tries i finally got to JB mine and my gf's iphone 4 on 4.0.1...mms seems to be fine on both, havent tried facetime tho, other than that im happy, cant wait for more i4 related stuff to pop up on cydia, easy easy JB, loving it!

I did try anything (clear history, cookie, cache, reset network setting, reboot) and so many times but cann't jailbreak my 3Gs 4.0 . I don't know if the server is down or something wrong with my 3Gs. Anyone has the same problem?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonerev View Post
    Thanks for the jailbreak. Worth the wait. Anybody else having problems with icons not changing when you load a theme in Winterboard? I have tried several and the stock icons are all that show up.
    Thanks in advance.

That isn't going to be jailbreak related. That is something winterboard devs will need to patch up.

Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast