Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 is Jailbroken aka The Return of JailbreakMe.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

So this is the easiest jailbreak ever, yet hands down the worst one EVER made! I'm just wondering why would anyone release this pile of crap without testing this. I jailbroke it the first time and my phone is full of bugs. Facetime&MMS is gone and I cant get it back even with the new Cidiya update. Safari is just slow my whole internet is slow. Apps close on their own. Cidiya is just all wrong! I never ever had any problems with jailbreaking. I dont know why users donate their money for something that is just pure ****! I am willing to pay for something that actually works. And why on earth do you release this online as self install. If you can't afford decent servers don't put this online. Any person with half brain will know that large amount of bandwidth will kill a website. They need to learn what DDOS AND DOSNET IS. I HIGHLY urge new folks not to use this until its fixed or wait for a better jailbreaak.

Anyone getting "A server with the specified hostname could not be found." when they do the slide to jailbreak step? Ive been retrying for about 10 minutes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnz3gs View Post
    Anyone getting "A server with the specified hostname could not be found." when they do the slide to jailbreak step? Ive been retrying for about 10 minutes
    Go have some tea and a biscuit and try again later
    To live, you have to lie

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

servers seem to be down...im getting the same thing...sad part is i was jailbroken before this yesterday and it went fine...my problem was i kept on getting put back to safe mode

Quote Originally Posted by crimson_fried View Post
    nice, let the fun begin

Yeah site is crashed..ha. They should have known this would happen. As cheap as server rentals are these days (and domain names) you would think would have taken the time to setup mirrors. Oh well, we have waited this long....we can wait some more

I agree th site keeps crashin but i'll wait till later to do it. So excited! Thank Dev Team and everyone who helped to get this done!

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    So this is the easiest jailbreak ever, yet hands down the worst one EVER made! I'm just wondering why would anyone release this pile of crap without testing this. I jailbroke it the first time and my phone is full of bugs. Facetime&MMS is gone and I cant get it back even with the new Cidiya update. Safari is just slow my whole internet is slow. Apps close on their own. Cidiya is just all wrong! I never ever had any problems with jailbreaking. I dont know why users donate their money for something that is just pure ****! I am willing to pay for something that actually works. And why on earth do you release this online as self install. If you can't afford decent servers don't put this online. Any person with half brain will know that large amount of bandwidth will kill a website. They need to learn what DDOS AND DOSNET IS. I HIGHLY urge new folks not to use this until its fixed or wait for a better jailbreaak.
    You should make a thread so your clutter and jargon can be read elsewhere. Everyone knows the risks they take when they perform a J/B. If your not happy, that does not mean others wont be. have you ever heard that term, "use at your own risk"?

Agreed 100% ^^

Default Oops... File received was invalid.
    I keep getting this message after trying to dl the JB from jailbreakme.com.

In addition to that, jailbreakme.modmyi.com is down, along with jailbreakme.modmyi.com/_/

What does this error mean? I've tried clearing the cache/history etc.. All of the tricks.. And have tried them all about 50 times..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Go have some tea and a biscuit and try again later
    Lol will do, but is this normal? Server packed? or problem on my end?

Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    It's people like you that will make jailbreaking cease to exist. Shut the f--k up, like seriously. If you don't like it, DON'T USE IT. If this is just oh so terrible for you, MAKE YOUR OWN. No one ever forced you to use this. You did so at your own discretion. So whatever went wrong, hey, you pretty much said 'hey, I'm fine with any possible bugs!' Know why you said that? Because you slid to unlock; you visited the website; you chose to go with this jailbreak.

And if people want to donate, let them. Sure, this may be full of bugs. But I'm still going to donate. Why? Because this is all we've got and dev-team has put forth much more effort than your small brain can handle. This wasn't developed in an hour. They've been working at this weeks.

And fyi, even decent servers are getting hammered. MMi is hosted on pretty good dedis (I'm pretty sure), and this site is beginning to slow down and occasionally be down.
    Face it. No one server is able to handle simultaneous connections from all over the world.

But on a more relevant note...
    Does anyone know if using this method (http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-...th-sn0wbreeze/) will conflict with this Star jailbreak?

I'm on a 3GS, new bootrom on 3.1.2 at the moment. I want to upgrade to iOS4, but I have no way of getting past the activation screen. Any suggestions?
    I am not sure, because that in of itself is a jailbreak. And I don't know if the two jailbreaks would cause problems if installed together.

I just took the plunge as i was a bit skeptical after reading that folk where having problems with facetime and MMS, i must say i did not have any problems, facetime and MMS works perfect

Big thanks to the whole team in making this possible, well worth the wait.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert82 For This Useful Post:

LanCo Rider (2010-08-02)

Do we know yet which commonly used jailbreak apps aren't yet available for 4.0? I know sbsetting can be used, but how about stuff like backgrounder or categories? Anyone have any info on that?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Backgrounder? Thats built into iphone OS 4 now. That app is useless now.

nrfuller, check out this google document that has the status of all the apps and their ios4 funtionality. Where it says Status, click the drop down menu and select yes, which will only show you the apps that are working with ios 4.0.

For those having issues with Oops File Received Was Invalid... I restored the phone to factory and made sure that the phone did not do any syncing with itunes. Went straight to jailbreakme.com and it worked. Hope this helps you guys.
    Last edited by exp1icitc0nt3nt; 2010-08-02 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

is anyone still getting error messages when adding sources?

Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
    Backgrounder? Thats built into iphone OS 4 now. That app is useless now.
    Not really. Not to go into any details (just google), apple's implementation is not really true multitasking. And some apps are not yet updated for iOS4.

So with backgrounder you can have best of both. Just set it to Auto Detect. It will use apple's multitasking for apps that support it, and true multitasking (backgrounder) for ones that are not updated yet (or just need true multitasking).

For example, you can run cydia in background, not to mention thousands of other applications in apple's app store made for iOS 3 .x.
    I just installed backgrounder and it works perfectly on iPhone 4. I use the native iOS application switcher.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

well its working on my end again! its jailbreaking right now..i cleared cache...dunno if that worked or what

Quote Originally Posted by Bauske View Post
    Are you using Winterboard to try and hide the dock? I've found that right now, Winterboard is acting up and will push everything up if you do that.

Also have found that after jailbreaking on my 3G, I can no longer have user wallpapers through Winterboard. I'm stuck with a boring black background.
    these are winterboard bugs with ios4, if i remember right there was a "User lock background 4.0" in cydia which helped me
    some of the themes which comes with winterboard didnt work properly, like transparent dock, user background

or if im wrong, just google something like "winterboard ios4 blackground bug"

so not really a jailbreak bug

What's Jailbreak? [NG]I_KEEL_YOU's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW!!

This jailbreak is amazing!! You guys did an awsome job and well worth the wait. I only hope that you guys are compensated for your efforts in some way. I have already donated and plan on some more..

I do have a question though.. I was able to jailbreak and get some stuff to load, but now when I try to get themes and programs that I have paid for, Cydia fails to load and the repositories are not available or time out... Any Ideas??

Just Remember, whether you think you can or you can't.. YOUR RIGHT!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone getting themes to work with there iPhone 4? I want to try that new pogoplank out

Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast