Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 is Jailbroken aka The Return of JailbreakMe.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

Easiest jailbreak ever !!!! I used to have fun doing it when it was difficult but I'm far from complaining!! Thank you all who dedicated your time to this jailbreak. I'll be buying your app.

Yes

Thanks

people stop PMing me about piracy , next person will get an infraction...unbelievable sheesh...

Quote Originally Posted by nothing03 View Post
    anyone else besides me after installing the jailbreak. I checked cydia out and search for rock and couldn't find it. I want to install rock does any one else having problems like me.
    I had the same trouble finding it, but then i done a little bit of digging, and found it under ROCKAPP so search in cydia for ROCKAPP
    hope this helps

I know people are having problems with FaceTime showing up, but what about actually using FT.

After fixing the FT/MMS problem, I tried making a FT call and it just rings on my end, while on the other users end it says 'FaceTime failed'. Same thing when he calls me, it rings and rings on his end, but on my end it says FT failed.

Anybody else?

Is the 'modmyi' repo down? I can't istall dtunes or Rock. Should I just wait before trying to reinstall all my old rock extensions/packages? What about winterboard?

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    people stop PMing me about piracy , next person will get an infraction...unbelievable sheesh...
    The CNet site linked with Versiontracker has an article about the new jailbreak, and the number of yaboos nattering about piracy, viruses, Apple's rights, what use it jailbreaking, I already have enough apps, tracking our movements, and other gibberish is amazing. There, I expect it (though not to the degree I'm seeing today). Here? Frankly, I'm surprised that the question of piracy is even being raised. All sorts of things can be used in ways they shouldn't be. Yes, if I want to (I don't), I could put a hacked app on my phone and cheat some little developer out of $.99 ('cause I'm a cheap bastard who doesn't care if that dev. stops making apps and gets a day job). Of course, I have two feet, and I can walk into your house and steal your television. I can read the newspaper YOU bought over your shoulder on the commuter train. I can use my neighbor's WiFi 'cause his signal is unlocked 'cause he's too dumb to lock it. Just because I CAN doesn't mean I will. That's what morals are all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Roninjinn View Post
    I know people are having problems with FaceTime showing up, but what about actually using FT.

After fixing the FT/MMS problem, I tried making a FT call and it just rings on my end, while on the other users end it says 'FaceTime failed'. Same thing when he calls me, it rings and rings on his end, but on my end it says FT failed.

Anybody else?
    Quick word from PlanetBeing: FaceTime and MMS bugs are now fixed for NEW JailbreakMe users. If you already jailbroken and have this issues, you can either, restore from a backup or, via SSH browse to:

chmod 755 /private/var/mobile/Library;
    chmod 755 /private/var/mobile/Library/Preference
    reset Network Settings
    [via fsm]
    Last edited by mr117; 2010-08-02 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Senior

Quote Originally Posted by GranDaddyPurp View Post
    feels good to have themes again

What theme is that?

Default This was a dumb move!
    Apple is getting ready to release another firmware update (proximinity sensor, etc) and it's going to seal the exploit that was just jailbroken. Enjoy you're jailbreaks for the next few days lol...
    Last edited by Dayvidpriddy; 2010-08-02 at 04:54 PM.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me TexasDeltaSig's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I've lost my 3G service after the jailbreak. I can make calls and all, and I show full bars, but I am unable to access anything using 3G....

Quote Originally Posted by Roninjinn View Post

Anybody else?
    This is why I don't jailbreak, it messes with the function of the phone...things don't work right after you do this. There are hundreds of thousands of apps on the app store, if you can't be happy with that then...you guys are just asking for trouble. I learned my lesson with this crap and will never tamper with my device again. It's just not worth it.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Apple is getting ready to release another firmware update (proximinity sensor, etc) and it's going to seal the exploit that was just jailbroken. Enjoy you're jailbreaks for the next few days lol...

I won't be updating. My proximity sensor only acts up every once in a while. Not nearly enough to eliminate my JB.

Anyone keep getting this error? Cant install any sources! How can i fix this?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG over 50 pages of absolutely useless posts. It makes it hard to find the decent questions and answers because no way am I that sad to read 50 of the 56 pages.
    Threads like these moderator approved comments or no comments at all otherwise you have to read a useless post like mine.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

MPS3 (2010-08-02)

Default Lost 3G service with lastest jailbreakme
    I have also lost my 3G service after the jailbreak. I can also make calls and text, I show full bars, but I am unable to access anything using 3G....

iPhone? More like MyPhone mister4stars's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mister4stars View Post
    My dock is not acting right... does anyone know how i can fix this???
    if anyone else runs into this problem, i figured it out. after restoring and adding each cydia app one by one and looking to see what made the dock change i noticed that it changed once i added winterboard. i went in winterboard and UNCHECKED transparent dock and now everything is cool...
    The General has landed

Ahhh.. to be jailbroken once more.. =)

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

If you lost your face time and mms when Jailbreaking,,, all you have to do is open cydia update REBOOT.. if face time still doesn't work you need to go to settiings-phone and enable facetime

21. The Following User Says Thank You to imilad For This Useful Post:

.:MirrorminD:. (2010-08-02)

Thanks

I can't jailbreak my i4 on 4.0.1, Safari just crashes once it's done downloading the jailbreak. Rebooting doesn't work, neither does clearing cache. Anyone else with similar problems?
    Let's grow old together...
    ... And die at the same time

Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast