Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 is Jailbroken aka The Return of JailbreakMe.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

For those people whose FaceTime and MMS are missing, the steps posted here worked for me and both are showing up again:

[ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=982701]Cydia/SSH Fix for Facetime+MMS Disappearance (For existing JB'rs) - Mac Forums[/ame]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to engelke2010 For This Useful Post:

hacktarded1 (2010-08-03)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

I noticing a serious battery drain issue since jailbreaking. Anyone else having this issue?
    Daemon related maybe?

Well, I'm sitting on my iPad at 5am playing with Cydia apps. Dropped 2% in about 15 minutes. Or do you mean your phone is just sitting there doing nothing, all apps off (no crazy Apple background stuff)?
    Senior

You guys gotta help me out here. Right after the jailbreak I tried to restart my phone but it doesn't get pass the apple logo. It will drain the battery out and when I plug it back in it will stay in the apple logo. Dont know what to do and I dont want to take it to att cuz theyll probably void the warranty.

Awesome. Thank you guys so much. Everything seems to be working normally for me. Already got my SbSettings and winterboard back for some theming very soon!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mister4stars's Avatar
    Thanks

My dock is not acting right... does anyone know how i can fix this???
    The General has landed

Okay, just a really quick question, if I may. I'm currently running 3.1.2 on a 3GS (jailbroken via blackrain). I never bothered upgrading to 4.0, since I was waiting for a jailbreak and now that it's here, I'm raring to go. I know I have to first upgrade to 4.0 before I can use this new jailbreak, but I'm a little worried about the upgrade process. Does this new jailbreak require JUST 4.0, or can I go ahead and upgrade to the absolute latest firmware? I think it's 4.0.2 or something at this point? I'm getting conflicting reports at various sites about this, so I thought I'd just check. Does this jailbreak need to see a certain version of 4.0 to work, or can I just go ahead and upgrade to the latest thing out there? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated, believe me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BillionaireBoyzClub View Post
    You guys gotta help me out here. Right after the jailbreak I tried to restart my phone but it doesn't get pass the apple logo. It will drain the battery out and when I plug it back in it will stay in the apple logo. Dont know what to do and I dont want to take it to att cuz theyll probably void the warranty.
    Unplug the iPhone and turn it off by holding Power + Home. Once off, hold Home and plug it back in. Keep holding Home until "connect to iTunes" shows. From there you can restore it.

Side question: has anyone been able to change their dialer?
    Last edited by Bleeditout2130; 2010-08-02 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bleeditout2130 For This Useful Post:

BillionaireBoyzClub (2010-08-02)

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    Okay, just a really quick question, if I may. I'm currently running 3.1.2 on a 3GS (jailbroken via blackrain). I never bothered upgrading to 4.0, since I was waiting for a jailbreak and now that it's here, I'm raring to go. I know I have to first upgrade to 4.0 before I can use this new jailbreak, but I'm a little worried about the upgrade process. Does this new jailbreak require JUST 4.0, or can I go ahead and upgrade to the absolute latest firmware? I think it's 4.0.2 or something at this point? I'm getting conflicting reports at various sites about this, so I thought I'd just check. Does this jailbreak need to see a certain version of 4.0 to work, or can I just go ahead and upgrade to the latest thing out there? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated, believe me.

4.0.1 is current firmware and yes this jailbreak is compatible.

just to let everyone know...ipad 3.1.2 on wifi works :-)
    Last edited by romeoz; 2010-08-02 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Do a hard reset. Plug iTunes and click on restore.

Second post, can usually find my answers by doing a search and reading. Being as the jailbreak was just released I have not seen this mentioned yet.

I just ordered my iPhone4 this past Thursday so it's still on backorder another week. What are the odds that this exploit for jb will either delay current orders even further while the patch is made or be shipped with a completely different ipsw altogether?

Secondly, can anyone confirm that the pixelation is restored after factory restore? Also been reports of cydia still being on the phone after a restore through iTunes. Is this on all phones as well or random happenings. Be kind of hard to get warranties honored with this if needed.

Thanks for the responses.
    Last edited by Steelers6; 2010-08-02 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Correction

Green Apple
    Thanks

Now we just need to fix the tethering via benm.at or any other way possible so I can upgrade to 4.0. I love and use my tethering when possible but don't over do it. C'mon guys I need free 4.0 tethering please!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me TexasDeltaSig's Avatar
    Thanks

Is anyone else having trouble with their 3G service after the jailbreak?

Quote Originally Posted by nkgneto View Post
    Now we just need to fix the tethering via benm.at or any other way possible so I can upgrade to 4.0. I love and use my tethering when possible but don't over do it. C'mon guys I need free 4.0 tethering please!!

If I were you, I would just go and cut someone's yard and use the $ to buy MYWI

Plug it into iTunes and see if it is recognized. If it is, have iTune do a Restore on it. Then just re-jailbreak it.
    Senior

Youre a genius man!! THANKS!! I was freakin out over here man. Thanks!

anyone else besides me after installing the jailbreak. I checked cydia out and search for rock and couldn't find it. I want to install rock does any one else having problems like me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Youre a genius man!! THANKS!! I was freakin out over here man. Thanks!
    Haha, I think I've spent dozens of hours jailbreaking, re-jailbreaking, ******* things up, and doing it all over again in the last 3 years. I'd hope I'd have some idea by now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macsoldier View Post
    what a way to it, going to wait untill the overload is done and a few bugs are worked out
    yes it does work

Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast