Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 is Jailbroken aka The Return of JailbreakMe.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ya i can also confrim that the jailbreak me site is acting laggy i know it worked before
    restored back to 4.0.1 now the site hangs on the wierd purple screen doesnt come up with the downloading or installing boxes can anyone help me already restored and tried multiple times

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

For anyone who lost service this is what happened to me in trying to resolve this issue.

I restored my iPhone 4 from a backup and no lie very weird I did not have to Jailbreak again Cydia was still on my second page.

I do not know how and or why I do not know how the above was possible but totally by luck.

I had no service on my iPhone 4 after the Jailbreak so I did the restore by right clicking and selecting "restore from backup" and after it was done I still had Cydia and did not have to re-jailbreak.

Anyone know why?

Total wtf moment for me....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's why the greeter on the site specifically stated "You should sync with iTunes before using this tool." I guess a lot of people got really excited and just skipped the vital part . People should learn to read and follow instructions carefully first before making any move... It'll save you time and trouble

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ya i can also confrim that the jailbreak me site is acting laggy i know it worked before
    restored back to 4.0.1 now the site hangs on the wierd purple screen doesnt come up with the downloading or installing boxes can anyone help me already restored and tried multiple time

Can I punch the next person that says their phone has dead pixels?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PM5K For This Useful Post:

mrcoolbp (2010-08-02), virtusaeterna (2010-08-02), Windmeel (2010-08-02)

@PM5K I see dead Pixels... lol j/k

Quote Originally Posted by PM5K View Post
    Can I punch the next person that says their phone has dead pixels?

+1 and the person who says my mms and ft dont work now

Thanks

Hey losers in here crying over people posting something get a ******* life.

Posting is part of a forum stop over reacting drink your milk go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by wrecked77 View Post
    Add this source to Cydia.

Http://iphonedelivery.advinux.fr/cydia
    would these put back my mms and facetime

Doesn't work for me. It just sits there and does nothing and after a reboot it says "It looks like the installed crashed last time you tried to jailbreak. It might work if you try again." Well I have tried more than a few times and it does not work. I have a 3GS with 4.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtcy379 View Post
    restored back to 4.0.1 now the site hangs on the wierd purple screen doesnt come up with the downloading or installing boxes can anyone help me already restored and tried multiple times
    Purple screen is all I get also!

It doesn't work on a 3GS 4.0.1. I have tried a few times and it just sits there and does nothing. I rebooted the phone and it comes back with a message that says "It looks like the installer crashed last time you tried to jailbreak. It might work if you try again."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ugh thanyou at least somone else is having the issue well not good for either of us actually

I think it is something I installed in Cydia/Rock but all the text on my icons except the dock are gray.

I have the following installed.
    Activator
    AppBackup
    Insomnia
    IntelliStatusBarIcons
    Maps Enhancer
    MobileTerminal
    My3G
    MyWi 4.0
    Notifier
    OpenSSH
    SBSettings
    SysInfoPlus
    WinterBoard
    RockApp

any ideas?

nothing happening on my 3GS with 4.0.1, just sits at the purple screen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    same iphone 4 4.0.1

Thanks

For people having trouble with the jailbreakme.com site loading and jailbreaking try this below:

The following steps were posted in here earlier and thanks to the people who brought this about because it made the jailbreak site load for me correctly.

Go to settings>safari> and clear cache, cookies, and history and try the jailbreakme.com site again.

I tried the site for the first time and was stuck on the purple screen.

Did the above safari clearing steps and on the second try jailbroken, but lost my 3G service.

Did the restore from backup and weird thing my Cydia was still on the phone and got my service back.

I can assure you all the restore did happen because it went back to my iPhone 4 the day i first did a backup and went back to only 2 contacts.

does mobileterminal work on iphone4 4.0.1??

Quote Originally Posted by jdad View Post
    does mobileterminal work on iphone4 4.0.1??
    I installed it, but it crashes as soon as I open it. So, short answer for now is no, not for me anyways.

For anyone else still having trouble getting facetime and mms to work on your iP4, SSH into your phone and run these lines:

chmod 755 /var/mobile
    chmod 755 /var/mobile/Library
    chmod 755 /var/mobile/Library/Preferences

reboot, when you finish. It worked for me, hopefully it will work for you :]
    I'd rather be on two wheels.

Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast