Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 is Jailbroken aka The Return of JailbreakMe.com

can anyone explain planetbeing's solution to MMS and FT?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mvppadilla For This Useful Post:

manbearpig (2010-08-02)

iphonedelivery.advinux.fr/cydia

Add this source to cydia then search for iphonedelivery, install, reboot phone and go to settings and turn on FaceTime and everything will be fixed!

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone's 3G slow down alot?

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    straight from AKI_nG's twitter

"http://iphonedelivery.advinux.fr/cydia add this source to cydia to solve MMS problems, reading thats the fixer upper"

worked for me, after a reboot, i got MMS back without having to restore from backup... 3gs so idk about facetime.
    Worked for MMS only on my iPhone 4 running 4.0. No restore needed! Thank you!! I can wait for FaceTime.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone with a iPhone 4 running into the multi colored pixels on the respring/apple boot screen?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

iPhone? More like MyPhone Carlos's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know about the visual ima check mine but ive been using Youmail.com.... its nice!
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

Quote Originally Posted by mvppadilla View Post
    can anyone get openssh to work? im getting an error " network error:connection refused". which toggle shoud i use to enable it?
    I installed opennssh and sbsettings
    Run winscp input your IP user root password alpine
    I just used it with no problems but now having the same problem with no mms and facetime tried to backup but no luck So im just doing a complete restore and going re JB

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Anyone with a iPhone 4 running into the multi colored pixels on the respring/apple boot screen?
    Yes I think It's something to do with the jailbreak not the phone

Nice, Nice, Very Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Hold down the Power button and Home button til it turns off, then wait a few seconds and turn it back on. See if that atleast gets it back on and then Restore.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Try plugging into your computer, turn on iTunes, and then see if you can get it into DFU mode to Restore.
    I was having the same issues with the phone being stuck on the bot screen and eveytime I tried to put in it restore of DFU it just power cycled. I finally got it by holding power and home, the phone will shut down keep holding till the apple logo comes up again, then let go of power and keep holding home until it comes up with the connect to itunes screen. Im not sure if this will work for everyone but it worked for me.

Thanks

Thank you Comex!! Bought my iPhone 4 yesterday jailbroken today :-)

Facetime and MMS working!

Anybody know how to do this -

chmod 755 /private/var/mobile/Library; chmod 755 /private/var/mobile/Library/Preference then Reset Network Settings

?? I assume it's SSH. But once I get into my phone, then what?

Default Fix for MMS and FT
    For all that have problems with MMS and FT, go onto Cydia, reload data, and install the update to Base Structure. Should solve the issues. It did for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hozay09 View Post
    Shoot... what if you don't have an older back up? Does this mean I'm screwed?
    if you guys forgot to backup your iphone just before you jailbreak it, just simply (1)restore your iphone from scratch, (2)sync your iphone on itunes and the (3)backup your iphone. (4)Proceed with jailbreaking your iphone again and once that's done, (5)Plug your iphone to itunes then right click your phone on itunes and restore from the backup that you just did right after the restore. Your MMS and Facetime should be back once again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So i was hesitant about JB my Iphone 4g with ATT bc of the bugs. but after i installed the cydia source i did not have a problem at all with mms and facetime. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! DONATION COMING SOOON!!!

so im on 4.0 with modem firmware 04.26.08 jailbroken and unlock if i update to 4.0.1? im be able to jailbreak but will i be able unlock? with latest modem firmware?

Ok, I know this has been posted 1000000 times, but here is how you fix the facetime and mms issue:

1. Turn off automatic backup in iTunes

2. Restore your iPhone (I upgraded to to 4.0.1 or whatever and it still works).

3. Manually backup your iPhone (remember, you turned off automatic backups).

4. I turned off automatic sync with contacts calendars apps etc just to make it go faster.
    (you can skip this step if you want).

5. I don't know if this step is necessary either, but I noticed that underneath the facetime on/off slider it stated "waiting to activate" after the phone was activated, so I just power cycled and waited for it to say "your number will be shown...etc underneath the facetime slider.

6. Now that your phone is brand spankin new, jailbreak with the jailbreak instructions above.

7. DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE!!! Go back to iTunes after you jailbreak and restore from backup (control click on your iphone in your devices section).

8. After your phone reboots, you should have Cydia still there and facetime and mms! I hope this helps.

Mine works.... I hope yours does too!

iPhone? More like MyPhone wrecked77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shizs14 View Post
    I dont have the dead pixil issue, but I did lost my Facetime and MMS, but I am happy that my iPhone 4 is finally jailbreaked. I will just wait til the Dev fix the Facetime and mms issue. Thanks again Dev Team, keep up the great work.
    Add this source to Cydia.

Http://iphonedelivery.advinux.fr/cydia

is the site down? i had to restore cause of a bad app =P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's why the greeter on the site speficially stated "You shoud sync with iTunes before using this tool." Seems like a lot of people got carried away with their excitement. Patience is a virtue guys people should learn to read the instructions carefully first before making any move..saves you time and avoid troubles

Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast