Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 is Jailbroken aka The Return of JailbreakMe.com

Quote Originally Posted by TypeRBass View Post
    I can't even restore my phone back to factory in iTunes...
    iPhone 4, 4.0, AT&T...
    Keep getting an error message saying
    "This iPhone cannot be restored at this time because the iPhone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable"

That's only temporary. Basically one of the first things you do, or can do, once you launch cydia is have Cydia contact Apple's servers to verify your firmware and then store the response Apple's servers give in order to be able to downgrade your device to an older firmware later if you choose by using those auth codes.

So basically, not only has the massive number of people jailbreaking slowed down the jailbreak site, but also cydia and Apple.

Originally Posted by iphonerookie
    everyone who said they got their facetime and mms back after restoring from a backup...turn ur phones off and turn back on...do you STILL have them both? that is when you lose the
    I restarted 6 times...and yes it is still there working fine..

Thanks

thanks to comex and co. for this. thanks to bdwayne for the facetime fix. didn't notice it was missing until i read your post. Now that a few are jailbroken, has anyone else had any dead pixels come up on their screen when springboard is reloading or booting up on the apple logo towards the top?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LSZ33 For This Useful Post:

myworld (2010-08-02)

ok so i restore my iphone 4 as new and rejailbroke and had to restore to my new setup backup but after installing iblacklist my phone keeps going into safemode. any ideas? gonna try uninstalling

Quote Originally Posted by jwlionking View Post
    Yes, they are still there after rebooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    thanks to comex and co. for this. thanks to bdwayne for the facetime fix. didn't notice it was missing until i read your post. Now that a few are jailbroken, has anyone else had any dead pixels come up on their screen when springboard is reloading or booting up on the apple logo towards the top?
    I am with u..i see dead pixels whenever i restart phone

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeditout2130 View Post
    I got FaceTime and MMS working, turned off my phone, turned it back on, and they are gone. I'll just hold patient and see what Comex comes up with.
    I was having the same problem. Try doing a complete restore. Then start fresh, don't select a restore point. Then when your up and running right click to back up. Jailbreak then jailbreak from restore and done. It's working fine now for me. Have MMS and facetime working.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    I take no credit for the facetime fix I read it off stealthbravos twitter and tried it and it worked. everyone probably has those dead pixels when it is reloading there will be a fix for it
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeditout2130 View Post
    I restored it completely, set it up as a new phone, synced contacts, backed it up, jailbroke it again, and resynced it completely and MMS and FaceTime are good to go!
    Thanks. This worked for me.

---------------------------------
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

How do you jailbreak if your on 3.1.3 and you have no way to activate after upgrading to 4.0.1 in iTunes? What if I don't have an AT&T simcard to use?

Red face Omg thank u!
    Thank you comex! God bless u! Omg when i saw this thread i literally cried tears of joy! Updating my ipod touch 3g to 4.0 and ready to jailbreak it!xdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxd

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhotboy3000 View Post
    Everything is working fine for me .. jailbreak stays on even after restarting device the only this thats frustrating me is the pixel line ... but hey its not that bad
    why does that frustrate you? do you turn your phone off and back on the often? mine has it but 1 i never turn my phone off and 2 when i do that screen is up for maybe 5 second at the most,
    All in all im pleased with a FREE jailbreak ( but would be nice is everyone donated to the Dev team for all there hard work that NOT alot of people who use there jailbreak can do)

"Auto Install Packages" - I know this is old news... but I have never figured out what or how to use this function. Does this option work like AptBackup from Cydia - it auto-installs the Cydia/Rock stuff you want along with the jailbreak.

I looked on the Dev Team's site and am having trouble locating how to use Auto Install Packages.

thanx

tim

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I am running 3.1.2 should I update to 4.0.1 and then jailbreakme? thanks

Thanks

comegox

Missing pixels when booting isn't a big deal. Just a shellcode issue, apparently. As for the other bugs, they're being checked out ASAP.
    about 3 hours ago via web
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shizs14 View Post
    I'm getting the same thing when I restarted my phone.
    I'm having the same probleM! It drives me nuts lol
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Stay away from rebooting phone after JB.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ealvinito For This Useful Post:

bdwayneh (2010-08-02), myworld (2010-08-02)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

First news to give me a woody in years on the iDevice.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How do u get RockApp?

Quote Originally Posted by ealvinito View Post
    Stay away from rebooting phone after JB.
    why?

Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast