Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 is Jailbroken aka The Return of JailbreakMe.com

Thanks

My 3GS is stuck at boot logo, even after restore.

is anyone else having a problem with sending mms ? since i jailbroke it won't let me send mms anymore. in the photos the option to send mms is gone there's only the option to email. and when im texting the little camera isn't there anymore so i can't send mms

Quote Originally Posted by iphonerookie View Post
    everyone who said they got their facetime and mms back after restoring from a backup...turn ur phones off and turn back on...do you STILL have them both? that is when you lose them.
    yes, they are there, and work.

Quote Originally Posted by john2oo4 View Post
    Tried to Jailbreak my new iPhone 4 running 4.0.1 but after visiting jailbreakme.com my phone got stuck on the apple screen. Anyone else have the same problem?
    I have the same issue, iPhone4 is stuck at the apple screen with pixels at the top and will not go any farther! Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by tellytel View Post
    Man, people are never happy. Its like the dev team can never win. There has been countless posts complaining about it not being released and now its nothing but complaining about a few bugs.

Live with it or dont JB and wait for a fix. Pretty simple.

I have donated to comex and plan on buying PB's app. Everyone should do the same.
    What is PB's app?? How do i find it?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Facetime and MMS have disappeared and when plugged into iTunes, it constantly asks me to upgrade my carrier settings. Do it and says successful but then asks me again and again. Facetime and MMS do not reappear. Too many bugs, plus I hate the pixel line at the top of the screen, so I will stay away until there are some updates....hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by zmanforever View Post
    You do not know me I have donated to the dev team since day one also my opinion has much fact to it.

This jb was rushed not tested just like our iPhone 4's.

I hope you understand some of us like FaceTime, mms, and service.

If you jailbreaked without a problem good for you, but many problems exist.

I hope for a fix until then I am going back to the way the iPhone 4 was yesterday being able to FaceTime, mms and above all place a call.
    Everything works fine for me on my 3GS and Iphone 4 both.

here is what i did:
    1.) i backed up both phones first
    2.) did Jailbreak from jailbreakme.com
    3.) jailbroken successfully after some try.
    4.) my 3Gs lost MMS and iphone 4 lost MMS & Facetime after restart
    5.) I restored both phones from my back up.
    6.) my 3GS MMS and my iphone 4's MMS & Facetime both came back.
    7.) i tested both from both phones...everything works......

I never had any 3G issue after jailbreaking. my ATT 3G works fine after jailbreak...

hope this help...

Thanks a lot to Dev Team for JB..

iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine seems to be working just fine.

Edit: Spoke too soon LOL Lost my stuff as well. Same as everyone else. Restoring from backup as we speak. A small hassle but worth it for me
    Last edited by General Klinger; 2010-08-02 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaT2slim View Post
    Winterboard isn't working... Nor adding any sources... Kinda pointless
    I had to reinstall Winterboard to get it working and you have to realize we are getting this jailbreak about the same time most of the jailbreak devs are getting it. Things don't work right now but they will in the coming weeks. Give it a few days dude, they are getting hammered right now. Sheesh!

(people have been complaining for weeks about no jailbreak and now that it's out they are baying for blood over a problem that has been both recognized and a solution found by the community. It'll get fixed, just calm down. ALL the servers are getting completely hammered flat right now, if it isn't working for you wait a few days for the brouhaha to die down. What we have to worry about now is the 4.1 update and a jailbreak for that.)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

skater38053 (2010-08-02)

jailbreakme.com is down so looks like they are working on putting the fix up :-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nichgus View Post
    is anyone else having a problem with sending mms ? since i jailbroke it won't let me send mms anymore. in the photos the option to send mms is gone there's only the option to email. and when im texting the little camera isn't there anymore so i can't send mms
    take some time and go back and read a few pages of posts before you post there is COUNTLESS post of this problem and HOW TO FIX IT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr_f3dz View Post
    What is PB's app?? How do i find it?
    its on the first page of this thread

called signal (i believe) it on cydia on modmyi repo
    Last edited by bdwayneh; 2010-08-02 at 03:50 AM.
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zmanforever View Post
    You do not know me I have donated to the dev team since day one also my opinion has much fact to it.

This jb was rushed not tested just like our iPhone 4's.

I hope you understand some of us like FaceTime, mms, and service.

If you jailbreaked without a problem good for you, but many problems exist.

I hope for a fix until then I am going back to the way the iPhone 4 was yesterday being able to FaceTime, mms and above all place a call.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ml#post5319794

Don't like it rushed....STOP BEGGING FOR IT THEN.

took about 2 minutes works great! thanx dev team!!!

Everything is working fine for me .. jailbreak stays on even after restarting device the only this thats frustrating me is the pixel line ... but hey its not that bad

i cant get my iphone to restore in itunes. i deleted tiny umbrella but previously used it to restore to 4.0. now it wont give me an error code when tryin to retore or restore in dfu or recovery mode. what can i do?! help! i uninstalled itunes completely w/everything that installs w/it and reinstalled and still cant do it. i restored my phone on a friends laptop and it worked but my pc wont work anymore! help!

Thanks

i cant get my iphone to restore in itunes. i deleted tiny umbrella but previously used it to restore to 4.0. now it wont give me an error code when tryin to retore or restore in dfu or recovery mode. what can i do?! help! i uninstalled itunes completely w/everything that installs w/it and reinstalled and still cant do it. i restored my phone on a friends laptop and it worked but my pc wont work anymore! help!
    what error code ? try googling that code
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

Thanks

everyone who said they got their facetime and mms back after restoring from a backup...turn ur phones off and turn back on...do you STILL have them both? that is when you lose them.
    Yes, they are still there after rebooting.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

I got FaceTime and MMS working, turned off my phone, turned it back on, and they are gone. I'll just hold patient and see what Comex comes up with.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i jailbroke it this afternoon, and everything was fine, and after downloading a BUNCH of stuff it kept crashing when i opened ANY app, so i had to start over, i just finished jailbreaking it again, let's hope it works now...

edit: just checked and my mms and factime are gone too
    edit 2: DO NOT download quicklock, it will make your phone crash as soon as you try to open ANY app, that was the last app i downloaded the first time i jailbroke, so now i can confirm that it IS the problem... sigh... now i have to start over... AGAIN
    Last edited by HDoan112; 2010-08-02 at 04:06 AM.

Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast