Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

*walks out of thread*

read the first 10 pages folks your questions have been answered

installed it and it wiped my mods but that's okay . . . I just need to figure out how to get Installer.app on it again

Now thats some funny SHIT

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mikef For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (2007-09-27)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jealous soul View Post
    what it means is that there currently is not a working method for 'jailbreaking' the phone. until that's done, the 3rd party apps cannot be installed and executed.
    Ahhh okay so what this means is we only need to wait for the install to be updated once that is done "all" the current apps will be on it and working again? I was afraid we had to wait for:

1. The installer to be updated.

2. Each dev to update each app individually all over again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xIsak07 View Post
    installed it and it wiped my mods but that's okay . . . I just need to figure out how to get Installer.app on it again
    you CAN'T at current time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    This is happening to people who are updating unlocked iPhones running AT&T, it seems. If you have a LOCKED phone, it works fine, regardless of jailbreak/3rd party apps state. It just breaks the 3rd party apps.
    PF, what about people who had unlocked phones, then relocked them. Does the firmware recognize a previous unlock hack? That would save a lot of people trouble if they simply relock it then update if they feel they must. Then their sims would work.

If that is the case you can stick that in your OP for them to relock before updating if they want their sims to work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Ahhh okay so what this means is we only need to wait for the install to be updated once that is done "all" the current apps will be on it and working again? I was afraid we had to wait for:

2. Each app assessible on the installer to be updated as well.
    it depends on if any major changes were made to the application frameworks, but really what you have to wait for is a new method for access to the iPhone's file system again.

Quote Originally Posted by xIsak07 View Post
    lol...that's what the last ten pages of this thread have been saying...you won't be able to until they(the devs) figure out how to jailbreak the new firmware to get apps on there.

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Now thats some funny SHIT

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    lol...that's what the last ten pages of this thread have been saying...you won't be able to until they(the devs) figure out how to jailbreak the new firmware to get apps on there.
    rian you should keep reapeating yourself, like eveyone else. I cant walk away from this thread it get funnier and funnier every post. the same crap questions over and over. PEOPLE (start at page 1 and work your way up)

i see PF. but i was saying maybe we can use that as a quick fix until the devs can break this son of gun. Another option would be to download 1.1.1 and stick the installer.app in there as a part of the update and then shove the hwole thing into ur phone. idk im just brainstorming here...

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post

2. Each dev to update each app individually all over again.
    Nope. Just the Installer.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    PF, what about people who had unlocked phones, then relocked them. Does the firmware recognize a previous unlock hack? That would save a lot of people trouble if they simply relock it then update if they feel they must. Then their sims would work.

If that is the case you can stick that in your OP for them to relock before updating if they want their sims to work.
    Haven't heard yet. Anybody have an unlocked iPhone, RElock it, and then do the update?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jealous soul View Post
    it depends on if any major changes were made to the application frameworks, but really what you have to wait for is a new method for access to the iPhone's file system again.
    That's what I thought. =(

I have faith that the installer will be updated in a few days however my concern is the devs from what I have been seeing developed only a handful will quickly follow up w/ an update. Some might get left behind a lil longer.

I'm not taking any chances for a while then. *sigh* "Thank you" for the info.

Edit: sorry pf I just seen your response okay so that it's clear to me then the only concern should be the installer. Everything else jumps on that right after w/ no problems?
    Last edited by Doreen; 2007-09-27 at 11:00 PM.

Update 4:35PM: Natetrue from DevTeam says that his previously unlocked iPhone works after the 1.1.1 upgrade using a legit AT&T card. Something must be wrong with Brian's setup. We are investigating this now

This is a direct quote.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xc00lxkidx View Post
    i see PF. but i was saying maybe we can use that as a quick fix until the devs can break this son of gun. Another option would be to download 1.1.1 and stick the installer.app in there as a part of the update and then shove the hwole thing into ur phone. idk im just brainstorming here...
    Won't work either. Give it a day or two.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Default New iPhone, can old Firmware work?
    Hi, ive read all threads,but I have a doubt.

I got a new iphone today, does unlock still work with the option/shift-click restore method, and selecting the 1.0.2 FW (i have it on my desktop)?

Thx guys

Hi, ive read all threads,but I have a doubt.

I got a new iphone today, does unlock still work with the option/shift-click restore method, and selecting the 1.0.2 FW (i have it on my desktop)?

Thx guys
    I posted this 3 times on 3 different pages. Work from page 1 up. Lest I shall haf to repete myself again.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to xxjoebreadxx For This Useful Post:

mikef (2007-09-27)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well owning a unlocked mod'd phone i will be waiting until dev's figure the fixes out and the update procedure is in writing on here before attempting the firmware update.

we should just ditch using mac os x on our phones and make our own windows vista mobile. wouldnt that be a kick in the face for both apple and microsoft?

I had a modded 1.0.2 firmware phone. I've successfully upgraded it to 1.1.1 firmware, no problems. Just no mods =)

skralg

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast