Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

Thanks

Yup looks like it considers every SIM invalid.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

3rd Party apps are broken and require restore before update. You will not be able to reinstall them until the developers have updated their apps.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    it's possible that the firmware upgrade axes the linked IMEI thus rendering the phone worthless...

cant the devs just download the update and package the bug fixes, itunes store, etc into a pxl? then we can enjoy the update while still using the 1.0.2 firmware. If they do this we can continue to enjoy the updates without having to hope for a new break.

my sim card is now invalid. haha oh sht.

Are there really enough updates that people find it WORTH updating?
    no...but too late now. Too many of us jumped ship.

I just put another SIM from my other iPhone in which was not updated..

I get the same error about an Invalid SIM, so I dont think just getting a new one from ATT is going to do it.

This is a firmware glitch thats not allowing the phone to be activated after the upgrade to 1.1.1

Im having no luck restoring the phone to a previous firmware with iTunes

I feel like I'm on the edge of a cliff... watching. All. The. Lemmings. Juuuuummmppppp...

Stop, lemmings, STOP!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    as a sidenote, apparently one of the devs managed to upgrade his unlocked phone with a legit att sim and it still recognizes it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

I'm not touching the update until I see a few of you guys running your own lab experiments first!

pf does what you said mean that even if the installer gets updated to jailbreak again w/ the new firmware that still does not guarantee that all the apps we are currently using off the current install will still work until each and every dev updates their software individually?

oh boy looks like this will be a longggg wait for meee. =(

so...i've been reading through all the posts in this thread, and i was just wondering...the folks that are getting the error that says "invalid sim", are they only people who have unlocked, or are the people that have only jailbroken their phones and put mods on them getting that as well?

just curious...as many of you are doing, i'm just going to wait until the devs release a method of hacking the new firmware...nothing in the update really appeals to me but as has been said already, all the new iphone apps and whatnot are going to be geared toward the new firmware so i figure i might as well once it's safe to do so ^_^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xc00lxkidx View Post
    cant the devs just download the update and package the bug fixes, itunes store, etc into a pxl? then we can enjoy the update while still using the 1.0.2 firmware. If they do this we can continue to enjoy the updates without having to hope for a new break.
    Haha. Nope. It is a MUCH better idea to have our phones be able to update to latest firmware, and that is where attention is being given, as I've said.

Quote Originally Posted by Conquest3.0 View Post
    I just put another SIM from my other iPhone in which was not updated..

I get the same error about an Invalid SIM, so I dont think just getting a new one from ATT is going to do it.

This is a firmware glitch thats not allowing the phone to be activated after the upgrade to 1.1.1

Im having no luck restoring the phone to a previous firmware with iTunes
    New unactivated SIMs apparently are working fine.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

@ Doreen
    Hes saying that the apps will probably run but first we have to get far enough to get the native apps on the phone. The update has disabled out current methods

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    I'm not touching the update until I see a few of you guys running your own lab experiments first!

pf does what you said mean that even if the installer gets updated to jailbreak again w/ the new firmware that still does not guarantee that all the apps we are currently using off the current install will still work until each and every dev updates their software individually?

oh boy looks like this will be a longggg wait for meee. =(

what it means is that there currently is not a working method for 'jailbreaking' the phone. until that's done, the 3rd party apps cannot be installed and executed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jealous soul View Post
    i'm just gonna go ahead and assume you don't understand how file systems work.
    That's not a completely inaccurate statement. I'm an electronics engineer, not a software engineer so I think differently. Everything I have to work around can be done with replacing a part or re-routing a tracer.

I've taken some time and effort to learn some of the basis of linux and the OSX system in small amounts and I am trying every day to learn more as I would like to eventually become one of the devs that make a difference.

The difference in my success will be determind by who helps and who simply makes snide comments. I could design the iPhone from the ground up, but not be able to make it tick. That's where I am trying to learn the system and better myself to further help the community.

If I didn't ask questions I'd never have became an EE. Now you determine if you'd like someone here writing code and fixing problems or someone who posts "how do I do this" to everything they write. I have a huge head start with my EE background.

Meh anyway.......... moving on.
    Last edited by one1; 2007-09-27 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    3rd Party apps are broken and require restore before update. You will not be able to reinstall them until the developers have updated their apps.
    dont you feel like you just repeating yourself over and over again, im not saying this in a derogatory way, i just feel bad that no one is reading or listening to the people who know more than they do!

Quote Originally Posted by editwizard View Post
    I feel like I'm on the edge of a cliff... watching. All. The. Lemmings. Juuuuummmppppp...

Stop, lemmings, STOP!!
    hahahaha...i miss that game. i'm getting the same feeling lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    so...i've been reading through all the posts in this thread, and i was just wondering...the folks that are getting the error that says "invalid sim", are they only people who have unlocked, or are the people that have only jailbroken their phones and put mods on them getting that as well
    This is happening to people who are updating unlocked iPhones running AT&T, it seems. If you have a LOCKED phone, it works fine, regardless of jailbreak/3rd party apps state. It just breaks the 3rd party apps.

New unactivated SIMs apparently are working fine.
    confirmed. mine is working fine. But it may vary with different unlockers...

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    This is happening to people who are updating unlocked iPhones running AT&T, it seems. If you have a LOCKED phone, it works fine, regardless of jailbreak/3rd party apps state. It just breaks the 3rd party apps.
    that's what i figured...as i said, just curious, a lot of people have just said it's invalid with no explanation of what they've done to their phone and all that. blegh.

if you want to keep your mods, don't update. it's that simple. let the devs figure it out first.

. o O (lol, i feel like i'm talking to an empty room)

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast