Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    As I said, you can have apptapp without hacking and jailbreaking. I want to know if it is jailbreak that "breaks" the update to the app tapp.
    you do understand that app tap jailbreaks for you right? lmfao

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

The louder speaker is going to cause a lot of blown speakers. Don't like that feature at all.

What is the home key double tap feature? What does it do?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

As I said, you can have apptapp without hacking and jailbreaking. I want to know if it is jailbreak that "breaks" the update to the app tapp.
    No you can't. That's what the AppTapp GUI is, a wrapper for a Jailbreak and install of Installer.app.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

where does iTunes save the new firmware file on my PC?

Holding down top and home button no longer work either
    yes it does. Ive done it 3 times now trying to downgrade to all other firmware versions. It also has a nice new connect to itunes screen
    You have to have your phone pluged into your computer for it to work though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    you do understand that app tap jailbreaks for you right? lmfao
    Yes, but there are several different processes to the jail break. You can go about it several ways. There are other ways that involve deeper steps that may complicate it. That way leaves out several hacks.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

sigh . . . moves on

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

mikef (2007-09-27)

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Not really. They just LOOK more complicated, because you're working from a command line. The AppTapp GUI (and every GUI'd app) is executing those same commands, just in a prettier way which doesn't look hacker-ish.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (2007-09-27)

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Give it a bit, guys. Devs are JUST NOW updating their firmwares, same as everyone. Apple doesn't release the firmware early to hackers.
    That's IT - I'm calling Steve Jobs.... wtf, hackers don't get "dev" copies!.... come on!

Ringtones no longer work with 1.1.1, used iRingtoner. It will upload the ringtones to the phone and they do show up on the phone's ringtone list but there is no sound. Bummer.

i was an at&t customer and so when i got an iphone it wasn't a big deal. but i hated the idea that i was locked down to at&t since i travel so i unlocked the phone using modmyi's tutorial.

so just for everyone's info, if i update my iphone to 1.1.1, even though my current iphone is unlocked (with a mac), it will NOT brick my phone, just relock it correct?

hahahaha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamspanky View Post
    i was an at&t customer and so when i got an iphone it wasn't a big deal. but i hated the idea that i was locked down to at&t since i travel so i unlocked the phone using modmyi's tutorial.

so just for everyone's info, if i update my iphone to 1.1.1, even though my current iphone is unlocked (with a mac), it will NOT brick my phone, just relock it correct?
    it won't brick it, but there's a good chance it will consider all sims invalid, thus rendering it useless for the meantime anyway.

That's IT - I'm calling Steve Jobs.... wtf, hackers don't get "dev" copies!.... come on!
    Hahaha Thats good. Its true though, They end up selling more phones because of hacks. I bought my phone because of all third party mods and hacks, as did many others. Once they start removing apps on their updates, they will lose more sales... not a smart move. Specifically because they are selling all new phones with updated firmware. They should make a hacker friendly iphone enviroment... hahaha
    Last edited by xxjoebreadxx; 2007-09-27 at 10:39 PM.

Default Can You Hear Me Now?
    Is the speakerphone/receiver volume increase enough that you can finally even consider going around without having your earbuds/headset handy?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    LMFAO!!!!
    E=mc^2+/-3db

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Not really. They just LOOK more complicated, because you're working from a command line. The AppTapp GUI (and every GUI'd app) is executing those same commands, just in a prettier way which doesn't look hacker-ish.
    PF, they have obviously found a way to stop it right at the source which locks everything. They are not going through each app and locking it one at a time. They are closing the main gate.

My inquiry is to determine if they are closing it at apptapp or at jail break, or even elsewhere. That is why the inquiry is important.... to find out exactly where they locked it. People who might experience getting away with updating with minimal mods may have done it a certain way and thereby providing good information as to what exactly is locked.

Exclamation I Updated My Iphone While Locked.
    OK. SO...

No, It does not damage your iPhone permanently.
    I, with full resolve decided to update the firmware, have itunes do a restore, etc.. with iBrikr, and iUnlock that had completely altered my phone, and take a leap of faith.

Yikes.

No, your phone is not bricked, but upon successful restore and update you will get this message on both your phone, and on iTunes.

"Incorrect SIM
    Insert and unlocked and valid SIM to activate iPhone."

Nothing more than that. You will not be able to do anything else as something happened with the sim durring that iUnock did its magic.

The phone is hardly unfixable from the way it looks.
    Im off to the ATT store to pick up a new SIM.

Ill let you know what happens next....

dun dun dunnnnnnnn....

(Lame .. why did I have to take a bullet for the iPhone community) ... (Dumb ***) ... =)

Thanks

PF, they have obviously found a way to stop it right at the source which locks everything. They are not going through each app and locking it one at a time. They are closing the main gate.

My inquiry is to determine if they are closing it at apptapp or at jail break, or even elsewhere. That is why the inquiry is important.... to find out exactly where they locked it. People who might experience getting away with updating with minimal mods may have done it a certain way and thereby providing good information as to what exactly is locked.

i'm just gonna go ahead and assume you don't understand how file systems work.

Are there really enough updates that people find it WORTH updating?
    If it had copy/paste, mms, etc. i think i would give it a try. But seriously? Itunes store mobile? I've seen more yellow restore signs on my iphone than i can even count, it would be amazing to lose $10 before i sync.

Let me know when i can do everything I can do now on the new firmware.

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast