Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
    Hey...There is an old iphone activation that may still work with 1.1.1. It faked an itunes activation and sent it down to the phone. Anyone tried it? its called iphoneunlocktoolkit.exe...I found it on google. Some people say it works... any one try this?
    there's a thread on this over at hackint0sh. it doesn't work.

Default Any Progress?
    I know it's only been a couple of days, but I was wondering if any of the hackers/developers out there trying to get jailbreaking to work again have made any headway. I skimmed through this monster of a thread, and couldn't find anything but speculation.

In any case I'm sure we would all love an update if someone has made any progress! I would really like to update to 1.1.1, but I value my mods more than iTunes and a few minor bug fixes.

Cheers,
    Jason

Oh, sorry about that then. I read it somwhere on digg

Quote Originally Posted by tsunami78 View Post
    I know it's only been a couple of days, but I was wondering if any of the hackers/developers out there trying to get jailbreaking to work again have made any headway. I skimmed through this monster of a thread, and couldn't find anything but speculation.

In any case I'm sure we would all love an update if someone has made any progress! I would really like to update to 1.1.1, but I value my mods more than iTunes and a few minor bug fixes.

Cheers,
    Jason
    there's nothing new to report. enjoy 1.0.2 or your iBrick.

Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
    Oh, sorry about that then. I read it somwhere on digg
    Hey Joe, im about to try unlocking my NEW from the box iphone in about 20 mins, and try option restore with 1.0.2, I only have 1 doubt that i dont see in the tutorial, all the steps are done without a SIM card in the iphone, right?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by red_pill View Post
    Hey Joe, im about to try unlocking my NEW from the box iphone in about 20 mins, and try option restore with 1.0.2, I only have 1 doubt that i dont see in the tutorial, all the steps are done without a SIM card in the iphone, right?

Thx
    yeah its done without a sim but if you havent downloaded 1.0.2 already its too late

Exclamation Bricked
    Last Night I Updated My Iphone With The Latest Software And Bricked It. I Tried Unlockin My Phone About 2 Weeks Ago But Could Not Get The Unlock To Work. So I Restored It And Waited To See If I Could Get Someone To Activate My Iphone With There At&t Account. I Went Today To The Apple Store And They Denied Me Any Warranty Because They Said The Phone Had Been Unlock. I Argueed With Them Sayin I Never Had It Unlock Etc. Then They Told Me The Iphone Will Never Work Again. If I Get A Normal Unactivated At&t Sim Card Will The Incorrect Sim Message Disappear Cause I Just Ant To Activate It With At&t I Paid $400 And Now I Cant Even Use It With At&t!! Someone Please Help!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jdbwood For This Useful Post:

rianbattle (2007-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by vette802 View Post
    yeah its done without a sim but if you havent downloaded 1.0.2 already its too late
    Its on my desktop, look:

Quote Originally Posted by red_pill View Post
    Its on my desktop, look:

if you already have it then your fine but just dont do the 1.1.1 update

if you already have it then your fine but just dont do the 1.1.1 update
    Yeah, even if I didn't have it, you can download it still from some sites.. why too late?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jdbwood View Post
    Last Night I Updated My Iphone With The Latest Software And Bricked It. I Tried Unlockin My Phone About 2 Weeks Ago But Could Not Get The Unlock To Work. So I Restored It And Waited To See If I Could Get Someone To Activate My Iphone With There At&t Account. I Went Today To The Apple Store And They Denied Me Any Warranty Because They Said The Phone Had Been Unlock. I Argueed With Them Sayin I Never Had It Unlock Etc. Then They Told Me The Iphone Will Never Work Again. If I Get A Normal Unactivated At&t Sim Card Will The Incorrect Sim Message Disappear Cause I Just Ant To Activate It With At&t I Paid $400 And Now I Cant Even Use It With At&t!! Someone Please Help!
    well....this has been covered numerous times in the last 46 pages but here we go again. you can't do anything with it until the devs figure out a way to get past this error. sorry to say, but until the dev team figures something out, you have been added to the growing ranks of those who bear shiny paperweights.

so, to sum it up so far lol:
    -if you unlocked your phone or even got partway through the unlock process, even if you are still using AT&T, DO NOT UPDATE TO FIRMWARE 1.1.1 OR YOU WILL HAVE A BRICKED PHONE
    -if you did NOT unlock it in any way, shape, or form, and jailbroke(jailbreaked...whatever) using any program that mods your phone in anyway, including putting ringtones, changing graphics, and all that, you will definitely lose all your mods and will not have access to your third party apps, and there isn't a way to get them back on yet if you upgrade to 1.1.1, and you also run the risk of getting the invalid sim error just like those who unlocked and tried to upgrade

if you want to be safe, just wait to upgrade. it's that simple. if you do, and your phone gets the invalid sim error that's been mentioned so much over the last (almost) 50 pages, you're pretty much screwed until the devs crack the new firmware.

i don't know why i'm trying lol, somebody is still going to ask why they lost their mods after upgrading or if it's ok for them to upgrade if they unlocked their phone. i mean seriously ask, not sarcastically lol.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

Default Not worth it...
    Quote Originally Posted by jdkarr01 View Post
    By the way.....
    Everyone seems to be complaining about the update and whether or not you should do it. Does anyone have information on the features (any that weren't already listed in the install) or if there were any noticeable changes?
    The updates are not worth it... minor little things, just to say they are trying... BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by tk13_sj View Post
    The updates are not worth it... minor little things, just to say they are trying... BLAH
    yeah when they do video and mms i bet you will say something different

how bout if i insert a activated at&t sim card then bring it back to an at&t or apple store. is there any way that they will know i already been to an aaple store??

louder volume= false
    louder ipod= louder but sounds like crap

17. The Following User Says Thank You to HORTON16 For This Useful Post:

asifjahmed (2007-09-28)

Post at&t unlucked iphone
    i unlucked my iphone but i use a n at&t simcard, can i update whith the another simcard to not damage mine?the second simcard is unactive, but from at&t

yeah when they do video and mms i bet you will say something different
    mms perhaps...but video, i believe it's been proven already that the hardware in the current models on the iPhone that are in the stores aren't capable of producing good enough quality or fast enough fps. erica sadun was messing around with this, i believe. i haven't read anything about it since so i'm not sure if anything else has come up.

but the current update doesn't really add much besides the double tap home button and the spacebar thing, as well as a louder speaker and a couple changed icons. hardly really worth risking a bricked piece of $500 hardware over. well, in my opinion at least. i like NES too much ^_^
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

Quote Originally Posted by Jdbwood View Post
    how bout if i insert a activated at&t sim card then bring it back to an at&t or apple store. is there any way that they will know i already been to an aaple store??
    Better yet! What about putting the sim into an iphone with 1.0.2 and re initializing the IMEI and ICCID to the correct settings?

Thanks

I know why they're letting people exchange there phones.
    There in violation of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
    http://www.phonenews.com/content/view/2386/1/

Great News, that means ill be taking my phone back and i will be more then happy to pull this out and show them if they refuse.

Default here's a thought
    so everyone is up in arms and raising all kinds of hell over the new firmware and bricked/semi-bricked phones. boo hoo hoo. it's reminiscent of the same outcry we saw after the price drop. i wonder if anything will come of all this gnashing of teeth and fist shaking. does anyone have any thoughts about this?

on a side note, the celebs always say there's no such thing as bad publicity...seems like Apple is getting lots of free press from this move.

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast