Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by FlexibleCarter View Post
    so i just have a modded phone should i update or not
    Nope, not worth it at this point. Freaking NES is worth more than itues on your phone. forget the update. I'm going to take this back and see if I can get one with 1.0.2 still on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobronco View Post
    Does anyone know if this update will fix the voicemail notification problem from other carriers through sms text?
    let's see...the iPhone currently officially works on only one network in the world. why would apple be interested in this problem at this point?
    Last edited by ltsmash; 2007-09-28 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    does someone have a link to the 1.0.2 firmware? i can't seem to find it. i'm thinking of downgrading for now.
    not possible. Just tried it... not possible. your stuck with 1.1.1

does someone have a link to the 1.0.2 firmware? i can't seem to find it. i'm thinking of downgrading for now.
    You can't.

you sure? if you option click "restore", it lets you browse to wherever the firmware file is at.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

you sure? if you option click "restore", it lets you browse to wherever the firmware file is at.
    Wow, this is why the thread is so long.

No, it will not let you. This has been tried by myself and 400q3453215 other people the minute they updated. No luck. You'll have to wait for devTeam to come up with a new way to jail break your phone. Thanks

Just want to let everyone know that my friend unlocked his iphone and updated to 1.1.1 and his phone was so called bricked. He is using a att sime with it, he took it to the apple store and they gave him a new phone. Just dont mention it being locked or having 3rd party apps.

Quote Originally Posted by deepdesign00 View Post
    Just want to let everyone know that my friend unlocked his iphone and updated to 1.1.1 and his phone was so called bricked. He is using a att sime with it, he took it to the apple store and they gave him a new phone. Just dont mention it being locked or having 3rd party apps.
    Yup, that is what i thought. I'm headed there today.

Thanks

Come on folks, it is on the 1st post:

"Do Not sigh kids with their words with your phone!"

Common sense should have kicked in.

ok but exactly happened when he was in the store? did they ask what happened? did they give him a refurb?

Quote Originally Posted by vette802 View Post
    ok but exactly happened when he was in the store? did they ask what happened? did they give him a refurb?
    Who cares, they gave him a phone with 1.0.2 on there. Its worth it if you think about it. even if it is a refurb.

Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
    Who cares, they gave him a phone with 1.0.2 on there. Its worth it if you think about it. even if it is a refurb.
    yeah that true but it only helps att people and not others....

My iPhone loaded and works great with the latest working firmware and hacks!!!

Oh, did I forget to mention that I did not update to the latest version like what was recommended 100 times in the last 631 posts since day 1! Oops....

Quote Originally Posted by jayson9 View Post
    My iPhone loaded and works great with the latest working firmware and hacks!!!

Oh, did I forget to mention that I did not update to the latest version like what was recommended 100 times in the last 631 posts since day 1! Oops....
    This should be headline news.
    Sadly im not convinced.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

The Apple Store's generosity is getting some pretty widespread attention. I wonder how long this will last...

Quote Originally Posted by vette802 View Post
    I was with him, they didnt ask anything about it being unlocked or 3rd party apps. The tech took it back to the other techs and they played with it for a half hour. They couldnt get it to update either, so they just gave him a new iphone. that simple, but I wouldnt wait long. I think in a week or 2 they will know what to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    This should be headline news.
    Sadly im not convinced.
    he said he DID NOT update...just like the rest of us sane people.

At the risk of asking a stupid question, but I haven't seen it addressed in this thread, if u simply just update the latest version of itunes alone and not the iphone firmware does it affect mods or 3rd party apps when u sync?

I would be interested to know just how many people ended up with either a brick or a semi brick. Some website or another says hundred of thousands. Thats a s#$^load
    Last edited by sharpstyx; 2007-09-28 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    At the risk of asking a stupid question, but I haven't seen it addressed in this thread, if u simply just update the latest version of itunes alone and not the iphone firmware does it affect mods or 3rd party apps when u sync?
    no...updating itunes doesn't affect your iPhone software or firmware in the least.

until, of course, they decide to send a version of iTunes that strips your ability to choose whether or not to upgrade your iPhone firmware lol.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to rianbattle For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2007-09-28)

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast