Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

Im currious to know what the "original SIM" has to do with anything.
    The ATT rep told me that it really didnt matter if it was new SIM, or the one that comes with the phone. Its all pretty much the same. Dunno .. =)

Hey Guys, I think I had a stroke of genius. What would happen if you went to
    start run
    "application data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates"

Deleted the 1.1.1 firmware and renamed the 1.0.2 firmware to

iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw

Then threw your phone in recovery mode and restored...Would it restore to the 1.0.2?

it might work i would try it and see what happens

hey guys i had a problem when updating to 1.1.1. While i was updating the firmware my iphone was pretty much stuck on the grey apple logo and not doing anything so i pressed sleep/wake + home cause nothing else would work. however, now my iphone isnt recognized by itunes and i tried to do a restore but i get "unknown error (1011)". what do i do to get my iphone just working again i could careless about anything else at this point. TIA

Default Apple is sick for Money, say no to Monopoly!!!
    Apple is practicing monopoly here, they were the ones complaining about Microsoft, they supposed to be the cool guys of the block, look around Apple just want you to pay the .99c for the custom ringtones, get the percentage of your calls that AT&T is giving to them, and create a monopoly worst than the one Microsoft was doing when they released the Windows 95, where is the freedom for the customer to decide what they want to use with their products for which they pay what they supposed to pay, I rather prefer to pay more for a product that I can do whatever i want to do with, that having a price cut to buy a total blocked unit, with Apple deciding what I can use or not in my own phone and also trying to be the one getting all my money not giving me a chance to decide by myself, they dont want us to even be able to program an Unix based minicomputer just because of the money involved......... what a shame for Apple... we should all do a strike against this, asking for our rights and freedom back!!, we should go to the nearest Apple store and show them we want to be able to use the products we bought the way we want!!!, Steve Jobs should be ashamed of himself!! they are stealing technology from public domain as UNIX and then taking advantage of that to make money with derivate technology, like osX and now the iphone OSX limiting the programmers community to be seem as criminals!!!, lets stand up for our rights!!! Apple is a shame!!!! Steve Jobs is sick for money!!!!!

i believe they have a contract with ATT that they have to block what ATT doesnt want on the phones

Wax0,

get Gate's knob out of you mouth and keep on topic. Apple is doing what any other business would do. the iphone is great, i dont agree with everything they do either but i'm not going to boycott the product i love because of it.

i know this is way off topic but on my name it says i still use windows how do i correct that?

Quote Originally Posted by vette802 View Post
    it might work i would try it and see what happens
    Hehe, I have faith in the dev team. I will let somone else risk THIER paperweight before i do ...That being said, I'll try this later today.

Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
    Hehe, I have faith in the dev team. I will let somone else risk THIER paperweight before i do ...That being said, I'll try this later today.
    speaking of the dev team any news about their progress?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to vette802 For This Useful Post:

RUWIREDUP (2007-09-28)

The latest they found is that Iphones unlocked with simfreeunlock are not stuck in the activation limbo. I'm trying to keep realy up to date with this. There is a new video posted of the update process on an unlocked phone. They also said that the 1.1.1 firmware is encrypted just like the touch. That sucks.

Default Sorry to add to this
    But...I'm a bit fuzzy on the whole different sim card thing. I had to exchange my IPhone a week ago and they used the sim card from my original phone. I'm not sure they pulled out a sim card from the replacement phone, because it was in a special package.

What is the problem with having a sim card other than the original???

so its just going to take longer to unlock it because every gsm phone can be unlocked

I am not saying the phone is not great, I am saying we should stop this kind of practices, monopoly is not right coming from Apple or coming from anybody else

Quote Originally Posted by gradejohn View Post
    But...I'm a bit fuzzy on the whole different sim card thing. I had to exchange my IPhone a week ago and they used the sim card from my original phone. I'm not sure they pulled out a sim card from the replacement phone, because it was in a special package.

What is the problem with having a sim card other than the original???
    Iphone to Iphone sim cards work together...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wax0 View Post
    I am not saying the phone is not great, I am saying we should stop this kind of practices, monopoly is not right coming from Apple or coming from anybody else
    you didn't have to buy the phone, there's no "monopoly" here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

Im just keeping 1.0.2 with all my apps until someone comes out with a updated jailbreak or some like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HORTON16 View Post
    i know this is way off topic but on my name it says i still use windows how do i correct that?
    It will change based on the number of posts you have. Give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    It will change based on the number of posts you have. Give it time.
    Yeah, I just got my green apple

do they have a wiki on how many posts you need to get other titles

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast