Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dnickers View Post
    Don't update your phone if:

- it's unlocked
    - it's locked, but you have a different sim than what came in it.

It's as simple as that. If you fall into one of those categories....WAIT.

I updated my heavily modded phone and had no problems. Say goodbye (for now) to your apps though.

Performance does seem to be better, and the double click on the home button rules.
    I'm in the same boat as you, i modded.. same sim as when i bought it.. no unlock. But i'm still too scared to update from the horror stories i've read all day. I'll wait until there's a fix.. c'mon Dev!

I thought about it and figured that if apptapp and whatnot come out with a version that work with the new firmware, eventually we'll have to reinstall everything.

My phone was modded with all kinds of custom sounds, pictures, apps, icons, etc. and I went ahead and did the update. It wasn't unlocked and still had the original sim.

Update went fine after I first restored the iphone for good measure. Kinda sucks that I don't have everything, but I have everything that I had saved so when apptapp comes out with their new stuff and cyberduck will work with the new version I'll just install it again. Whatever.

The update is cool though...the double tap home button is helpful and itunes store is still a waste of time.

My iphone got accidentaly updated DAMN what do I do ??????

There is not much to do just yet, just wait.... maybe a couple of days or weeks... or months
    I BUY BRIKED IPHONES $5 DLLS ANYONE?

Thanks

Lets hope days.. better yet, hours? =(

i think i downgraded the firmware on a bricked iphone details here

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7272

any suggestions on what to do next will be appreciated .

HEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPP...... I've got 1.1.1 and can't get back to 1.0.2 nor can activate, jailbrake, unlock or whatever........ I'm back to when iPhone was released.... one great paperweight!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damesio View Post
    HEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPP...... I've got 1.1.1 and can't get back to 1.0.2 nor can activate, jailbrake, unlock or whatever........ I'm back to when iPhone was released.... one great paperweight!
    You're pretty much stuck.

hahaha,

Sorry Chum, your gonna have to wait until they release a new unlock method.

You got a paperweight for about a week now.

Take your sim out and enjoy older phones is my recommendation.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

hix, my fone was unlocked and i update it to 1.1.1 Now i cant unlock it again eventhough i have tried alot of unlocking software. Hope the software to unlock this 1.1.1 comes out soon. (

Quote Originally Posted by alcantara4 View Post
    I thought about it and figured that if apptapp and what not come out with a version that work with the new firmware, eventually we'll have to reinstall everything.
    So, that was my concern....won't EVERYONE have to eventually update our modded phones to 1.1.1 if we want the most recent firmware updates, thus losing all our mods and 3rd party apps?? Ultimately, aren't we just waiting for the dev team to provide us with new methods of hacking/jailbreaking the 1.1.1 update so we can then mod everything from scratch?!?!

So, the one plus I can see right now from not doing the frimware update is the ability to continue to enjoy my modded phones 3rd party apps, which in my case is a BIG plus, until the dev team hooks us all up with the new hacks!! btw, I would like to personally thank the dev team for all your dedication and loyalty to the cause!

Cheers
    Last edited by toyvan; 2007-09-28 at 12:38 PM. Reason: oops!

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    So, that was my concern....won't EVERYONE have to eventually update our modded phones to 1.1.1 if we want recent firmware updates, thus losing all our mods and 3rd party apps?? Ultimately, aren't we just waiting for the dev team to provide us with new methods of hacking the 1.1.1 update so we can then reinstall everything from scratch?!?!

So, the only plus I can see right now from not doing the update is the ability to enjoy our modded phones and 3rd partyy apps, which in my case is a BIG plus!!

Cheers
    Dude, even if you update to 1.1.1 your 3rd party apps will still be on the phone.
    Except the new jailed firmware will not let you access them.

When they come out with a fix, you'll have your Apps back.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

I used iunlock to unlock my iphone but I am still using AT&T. Can I update without a problem?

But, if we want to avoid the risk of having complications due to the mods on our phones if we choose to update the firmware(as it is quite evident in this thread there has been ALOT), we have to restore our phones and then we will lose EVERYTHING!!
    Last edited by toyvan; 2007-09-28 at 01:25 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

mofolo... That's not true. All of your apps will be gone beause you had to restore your iphone.

Default iunlock?
    What kind of caveman would unlock their phone, only to continue using ATT?? Why does it seem that every joker with an unlocked phone also feels the need to upgrade despite many, many wornings??? Get a clue guys!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jrs_66 For This Useful Post:

eg6motion (2007-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by jrs_66 View Post
    What kind of caveman would unlock their phone, only to continue using ATT?? Why does it seem that every joker with an unlocked phone also feels the need to upgrade despite many, many wornings??? Get a clue guys!
    Some of us cavemen travel internationally and would like to be able to use other carriers' SIM while away.

Regarding an earlier sentiment, let's lock this threat. It's become worthless. Everyone is writing in to ask questions that either don't yet have an answer or have already been answered. The bottom line is we should leave well enough alone until the Dev Team says otherwise. If you're too dense to get that, you deserve a new paperweight. It's amazing to me that everyone is 1) so impatient (I seem to remember life before the iPhone--it was good) and 2) so immature about Apple/att/Jobs. We knew we were taking chances when we broke out of jail. Grow up, folks, and deal with the consequences of your actions.

SO WHEN ARE THE DEVS GOING TO REALEASE AN UNLCOK SOFTWARE FOR FIRMWARE 1.1.1 :?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

So the 'international travelers' couldn't understand that it may be flat out dumb to install this update, the day it comes out, with strong warnings from every iphone group, and apple themselves???? 'Cavemen' may be too nice a word...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sgammella View Post
    i had no idea that updating would screw my iphone. I did not unlock i just installed the apps onto it. Now its a brick and i want to kill steve jobs. Im researching all over and i cant find anyone who can unbrick it. When you brick it changes the imei number to a different one so learn from me DONT UPDATE YOUR IPHONE IF YOU HAVE INSTALLER/3rd PARTY APPS ON YOUR PHONE
    I had MANY 3rd party apps and installed 1.1.1 without an issue... Maybe it's your phone...

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast