Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

hmmmm one advicce if you unlocked ur fone.....leave it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farani View Post
    I was modded... update erased all my mods but did not restore so that was nice.

It appears that the video is not sent through the headphone jack. Looks like 30-pin connector it is.
    thanks for the update

Quote Originally Posted by N818 View Post
    LS i dont think u can unzip the update file.
    if its a .ispw file you can rename it .zip and unzip it. Old school iphone modding right there...ha ha
    So why not take a peek inside? I would, but my laptop is gone under heavy recovery and parts replacement
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Thanks
    This sucks! Boooooo, and might i say KMON HACKERS! get er done! AN QUICK! PLEASE!
    "Recognition is the greatest motivator."

Same here for me. All mods are gone but I did not have to do a restore. I had removed all mods except Installer(TappApp) before I did the upgrade. I did lose all my ringtones which I had manually copied to the phone. I don't remember this being mentioned but maybe I missed it in the last 16 pages, there's now a widget for iTunes showing up.

cheers,

Joe

Well the headset is louder, speakphone seems marginally louder, music is louder, and the doubletap home button and spacebar are nice. But I'll miss my ringtones most

Thanks

Anyone see this about mp3 & wav attachments?
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...v-attachments/

Quote Originally Posted by howzitjoe View Post
    Same here for me. All mods are gone but I did not have to do a restore. I had removed all mods except Installer(TappApp) before I did the upgrade. I did lose all my ringtones which I had manually copied to the phone. I don't remember this being mentioned but maybe I missed it in the last 16 pages, there's now a widget for iTunes showing up.

cheers,

Joe
    I'm confused? Where at?

Thanks

My update didn't go so well - I have SIM error.

People have mentioned that unlocking iPhone changes IMEI number - is that true?

What (if anything) does it mean if my IMEI number on the SIM screen matches the IMEI printed on the outside of the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    cool, please do let me know if the generic cable works. i just didn't know if it would fit in there since the hole is so small (or even if the TV output comes out of there rather than the dock connector).

i want to pick up a cable so i can make use of the TV output feature... i just need to know which cable to get.
    What did summerboard do? Did all icons change?
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
    What did summerboard do? Did all icons change?
    I installed the program that put an icon in the taskbar when mail or sms was new. After that i couldnt get any icons to go into the dock. i finally did but everything was shifted to the left. I uninstalled and reinstalled summerboard but nothing changed. oh well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    if its a .ispw file you can rename it .zip and unzip it. Old school iphone modding right there...ha ha
    So why not take a peek inside? I would, but my laptop is gone under heavy recovery and parts replacement
    I can confirm that the .ISPW is just a .ZIP file in disguise. iTunes download the firmware update to the following location:

CDocuments and Settings\%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

I renamed mine and opened it in WinZip with no problem...

Default Original Question?
    After reading through 29 pages I hope I have an original question (actually, it was posted somewhere but I never saw a reply):

Is it possible to option+restore an unlocked and modded iphone and restore with version 1.0.2 so that phone phone is re-locked and then upgrade to system 1.1.1? Or would apple still sense a previously hacked iphone?

Barak [who's amazed at this gargantuan thread]

I updated my phone (it had been activated with independence but I had purchased the AT&T plan) and it reverted my phone to being locked and tellin me to activate. I try connecting to iTunes and it says "iTunes store is busy, try again later".....Ive been tryin for hours

Thanks

now that i unziped it what do i do now(windows)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Anyone see this about mp3 & wav attachments?
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...v-attachments/
    i tried to send myself an mp3 but i cant figure out how to get it to play

Quote Originally Posted by justbarak@yahoo.com View Post
    After reading through 29 pages I hope I have an original question (actually, it was posted somewhere but I never saw a reply):

Is it possible to option+restore an unlocked and modded iphone and restore with version 1.0.2 so that phone phone is re-locked and then upgrade to system 1.1.1? Or would apple still sense a previously hacked iphone?

Barak [who's amazed at this gargantuan thread]
    Hi,

No, You cannot.

What apple does during this update, is completely changing the way your phone communicates with the onboard modem and how the modem works.(and a few nice little features extra too).

Now if you go back to 1.0.2 (which does not change the modem config) your Iphone will be confused and have no idea what to do with this unknown modem, and f*cking up your iphone all together.

The only way to go back, is to get the 1.0.0 firmware and then upgrade from that to 1.0.2... Of cource, apple wouldnt release a stock standard firmware (which is buggy too).

So you'll have to wait for someone to release the 'virginizor' tool which changes your modem to 1.0.2 config and then you can restore to 1.0.2 no problems.

But, because the new updates dont brick phones, I doubt the DevTeam will release that tool, instead they'll focus on unlocking 1.1.1 and jailbreaking it.

Give it about a week - two weeks.

I hope that cleared up any questions..
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Quote Originally Posted by kriffer View Post
    yo.. i just opened iphonebrowser.. and saw my ttr folder in there.. and the song that i had download ealier today on taptap rev.. and i updated like an hour ago.. so im assuming that actually all the files are there.. it never said restoring.. but just updating... i think this is good.. now we need to get more on iphone browser to see what we got or edit our plist lets goo move move move
    Looks like iphonebrowser and iphonelist can get to some parts of the os like the photoroll...any ROMS added. It shows an itunes sub with ringtones...trying to see if I can get any to show up

Joe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    now that i unziped it what do i do now(windows)
    since youre on a PC you cant mount the images so you really cant do anything. sorry

someone please correct me if im wrong

Thanks, that makes a great deal of sense. I'm assuming you're referring to [I]downgrading[I] from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2. What if you are still running 1.0.2 on an unlocked phone and restore to 1.0.2 to relock and the upgrade? Or is the scenario the same either way?

Barak

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast