Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

Undocumented features:

-You can now change the sound that is played when a new text message is received. Tap “Settings,” then “Sounds,” then “New Text Message.”
    -International characters: In Mail or a text message, you can press and hold certain keys (like C, or N) for a menu of corresponding international characters.
    -There is now a “Debug console” for Safari, which shows HTML errors when rendering Web pages. Tap “Settings,” then “Safari,” then “Developer”
    -There are new options for Video playback. You can start playing videos where they left off or from the beginning, and you can use closed captioning. Tap “Settings,” then “iPod.”
    -You are now not asked if you would like to delete a movie or podcast to make room when you finish watching it.
    -The percent symbol under the Stocks menu, is now centered.

I was thinking about going out to pick up another phone from apple. Would it be the old firmware or new one they would have???

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ridgele View Post
    I was thinking about going out to pick up another phone from apple. Would it be the old firmware or new one they would have???
    I highly doubt the phones they're selling now have the new firmware on them already. Just a guess...

Thanks

This may seem like an obvious question, but if the firmware upgrade is going to wipe all the apps and modifications anyway, wouldn't it be advisable to run the "Erase All Content and Settings" option that can be found under:

Settings > General > Reset

prior to attempting the 1.1.1 firmware upgrade? It seems like that increases the likelihood of success -- assuming there are potential issues with applying the firmware update on phones that are still LOCKED but have been modded with themes and third-party apps?

I was thinking the same thing the phones most likely 99% have the old firmware

It wouldn't matter... you would still be able to update to 1.1.1, assuming it didn't have 1.1.1 on it. Heck, I'd sit there and have the Genius do it, to ensure no issues.

Personally, I am going to happily sit with my unlocked, T-Mobile'd 1.0.2 (even though I want some of the new features in 1.1.1) and wait out the wave. Then, depending on what the Dev team comes up with, move forward with their updates *or* return my iPhone (with the AT&T chip back in it) and claim some sort of issue in need of replacement.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HKiller9123 View Post
    went to the apple store, said that my phone was freezing and glitching and stuff (made up) then they replaced it on the spot, i also resotred it b4 i went so it all good, now ive got a brand new iphone and got 1.1.1 o yeaaa
    Thats what i thought till i read this....

Can't be that quick?

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Thanks. That was expected, but now confirmed. No existing apps work with 1.1.1.
    Also tried same unlocking for same NEW phone using winstall on PC
    got nowhere, acivate says no phone connected jailbreak same install app same, wonder how to get back to 1.0.2 since I got it saved and Independence 1.2?

I am just trying to get to a solution that works fro everybody I am not dying to unlock this phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vready View Post
    This may seem like an obvious question, but if the firmware upgrade is going to wipe all the apps and modifications anyway, wouldn't it be advisable to run the "Erase All Content and Settings" option that can be found under:

Settings > General > Reset

prior to attempting the 1.1.1 firmware upgrade? It seems like that increases the likelihood of success -- assuming there are potential issues with applying the firmware update on phones that are still LOCKED but have been modded with themes and third-party apps?
    I was wondering the same thing. I have everything backed up, so i won't mind losing everything.. data included. Anyone know for sure if this reduces the chances of errors, etc?

what i have to do to now my firmware version?

can someone please answer my question?
    confirm or not confirm please- an, old at&t (cingular), legit sim from another phone, (previously activated on iphone via jailbreak), works/activates with 1.1.1? or is any activation completely out of the question at this point.

will it work if i restore, update to 1.1.1, then activate with latest version of jailbreak?
    thank you to those who answer

Thanks

im Going Crazy!!!

this has to be the quickest built up thread ever! it seems it's about time to archive it and create 1.1.1 update thread, vol. 2! hahah.

you should sticky it and rename the title. "READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING" or something. or start handing out some warning or temp. bans. dahhhh

sorry if this has been posted.. but i dont feel like reading through almost 30 pages to find it. if i update my phone will i still be able to use ibrickr?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    im Going Crazy!!!
    !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lilmike09 View Post
    sorry if this has been posted.. but i dont feel like reading through almost 30 pages to find it. if i update my phone will i still be able to use ibrickr?
    no

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilmike09 View Post
    not as of now at this present time...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sigh

can someone please answer my question?

Default I updated my firmware......
    ....and it turned me into a newt!!!

I don't see the reason for ANYBODY to be upgrading until the dev team has got a handle on the situation.

Man, step away from the computer and go watch TV or something.

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast