Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

Hello,

can someone tell me is it true to that you can change the language in the 1.1.1 into german? I have seen the UK Preview and there is a menu point. Is an US Iphone the same after updating like an UK one?

with regards

Anyone know the direct link for the .ipsw file for the update?? I would like to download it and check to see if they have changed the passwords on the encrypted dmgs. If they haven't then us modders should be good to go very very soon.

Never mind... think I got it.

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw
    Last edited by scr4p; 2007-09-28 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    no dont update bro until more people fool around with it....i never unlocked my phone only jailbreaked and my phone is f'ed....
    That's scary, man. GoooooOOOO DEV TEAM!

Default Lol!
    How many people totally skip the original post and just post a question? I've counted 37 so far....Out of the blue here's a real thinker. We know that the 1.1.1 will relock your phone and wipe it clean. BUT! I'm assuming that everyone is talking about the software unlock aspect. What about the hardware unlock? Will it hold up to 1.1.1 update? Hmmm. . .besides this thread is so deep, i doubt this will get read.

this is so exciting! can anyone confirm or not confirm if an, old at&t (cingular), legit sim from another phone (previously activated via jailbreak), works/activates with 1.1.1? or is any activation completely out of the question at this point. thanks to those doing things!

What should you do if you have a iphone that is activated with mods on it, but not unlocked? I just use it as a ipod with nes etc...

For those that modded but didn't unlock

1 - SYNC
    2 - Restore
    3 - Update

I don't think anybody had probs doing that so far. I didn't. Not like 3rd party apps will work when you update anyway so just restore first.

I knda regret updating. Not that I miss the apps. Just was on the run and though you could turn EDGE off not just when roaming internationally. As I cancelled my edge now I have to be cautious again when not in wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by cleveland2382 View Post
    What should you do if you have a iphone that is activated with mods on it, but not unlocked? I just use it as a ipod with nes etc...
    you are ok to update

Quote Originally Posted by charlie0369 View Post
    How many people totally skip the original post and just post a question? I've counted 37 so far....Out of the blue here's a real thinker. We know that the 1.1.1 will relock your phone and wipe it clean. BUT! I'm assuming that everyone is talking about the software unlock aspect. What about the hardware unlock? Will it hold up to 1.1.1 update? Hmmm. . .besides this thread is so deep, i doubt this will get read.
    Well, I read it and haven't seen any other posts about success/failure with the hardware unlock. Most people didn't take that approach, though I am guessing you did?

You pose a great questions, hopefully it will get a reply from someone in the know.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

any updates on whats going on with the devs?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey not sure if anyone has mentioned this but I haven't seen it anywhere else and I just found it out for myself... With the new update iPhone no longer asks you if you want to delete every movie or podcast you watch when you are finished with it. Also in response to a few of the precious questions the speaker volume is HELLA improved. Its awesome. And no problems with the installation of the update either. I'll be staying tuned to find out when I can get my 3rd party apps back though... I'm gonna miss you summerboard.
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2007-09-28 at 01:28 AM.

I diasagree saying that this upgrade isnt that big of a deal. Its a matter of perspective, cost/benefit analysis for each person. For me, the TV out is a Huge addition. Still Im not willing to give up my hacks for it yet. But I do think this is a decent upgrade.

i have ibrickr on my iphone and i just updated it. it works fine, no glitches or funky-looking icons or anything. everything works perfect

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

can I use Itunes to sync music and videos on my iphone without updating the new firmware?? my iphone is unlocked with all the 3rd parties app installed. just scared for itunes to auto update the firmware
    Last edited by dakko; 2007-09-28 at 05:40 AM.

went to the apple store, said that my phone was freezing and glitching and stuff (made up) then they replaced it on the spot, i also resotred it b4 i went so it all good, now ive got a brand new iphone and got 1.1.1 o yeaaa

Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
    Well, if you plan on using ibrickr then you may be stuck. I brickr requires the firmware to be on the computer. Itunes had to download it for me for ibrickr to work at all...But the only firmware itunes is downloading right now is the 1.1.1...I think you can replace the firmware itunes is downloading with the 1.0.2 firmware which is avaible for download on here. Then ibrickr would work and everything should be fine. Do you know what firmware you have on your phone right now?
    Joe, I plan to use the apple/mac unlock tutorial here, the firmware(1.0.2) is on my desktop. I dont know what firmware I have right now on my iphone, someone bought it for me on tuesday...

So, should I proceed?? Thx bro.

Red

I miss summerboard hehe guess I gotta wait on well

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Has Apple release any sort of statement today aside from the warning in the update? Any sort of explanation or reasoning to why they would do this to their customers. Most of the people that are effected by this are early adopter and people who were already screwed by the price drop. Double F#CKED. Apple should be praising there brave and loyal early adopters not SH#TING on us!!!!!!
    Thanks,

Timbo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marychdez View Post
    i have ibrickr on my iphone and i just updated it. it works fine, no glitches or funky-looking icons or anything. everything works perfect
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa........
    theres no way.........
    please explain post pictures.....
    eloborate...

Thanks

I hear from the Dev Team Wiki some stores are replacing phones with the Invalid SIM error
    Im just praying my local Apple Store has some sympathetic guys

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast