Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

Even after the update, i still wouldnt consider the phone a paperweight...

Just cntrl + click (MAC) or shift (PC) while selecting restore. Then you just point where your 1.0.2 firmware is (if you haven't downloaded it yet.... you can find it on Apple's website)

Quote Originally Posted by editwizard View Post
    Who me?
    I'm smoking a nice pack of 'I haven't jumped off the cliff along with all the poor little lemmings that didn't heed PF's warning and my iPhone still works right now thank you very much'.

They have a nice aroma and low tar as well.
    and they provide and excellent buzz.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dotmotion View Post
    Just cntrl + click (MAC) or shift (PC) while selecting restore. Then you just point where your 1.0.2 firmware is (if you haven't downloaded it yet.... you can find it on Apple's website)
    I get an error saying i can't

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecchh View Post
    Ugh, this update looks sweet, is it safe to download yet for us locked in AT&T, but modded users?
    Yep, I had installer on my phone, updated to 1.1.1 without any hiccups.

Default Relax
    I had installer installed, lots of apps, dictionaries, and customization (increased rows on springboard, 5 apps i dock, etc.). The firmware upgrade process will restore the phone which will wipe all this stuff away but it won't brick it.

The danger is for UNLOCKED phones that were modified to use other carriers. Treat the upgrade like death itself until someone figures out how to make it right again. Have faith in all the smart people who figured out how to unlock the iphone in the first place.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there any answer why some modded (still locked) iPhones are getting a Sim error? Some are saying it only kills the 3rd party apps, some saying it bricks. WTF?

damn no video yet either . i need that louder ringer, but i have tmobile

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    OMG...I thought you were serious at first! Thanks for the great comic relief, this thread really needed it.
    LMAO
    I am serious

Just sucks!!!
    Thanks,

Timbo

Thanks

Guys, relax, The Dev Team is working on it. They wouldn't leave those who jumped ship first out in the water. A fix will come soon.

So uh is it safe for me to download yet? LOL
    I read the first few pages and I can't seem to see why so many people asked the same question when the first post answers it already.
    Anyway, I'm tempted to update for the new features. I haven't really used a lot of the modded apps recently except for installer to see what's new for me to download and not use... TV out would be great for me to use in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
    Yep another not reader of the Nate True blog! Gotta love it!
    Heya, Truckerbear -

Where on Nate's blog does it say jailbreak'd but locked phones could get the invalid sim card error?

It doesnt, Im pretty sure I was the first to post about that error on here..IM still having the same error, I even tried restoring with no SIM, then putting the SIM back in..instantly got the same error...

DOnt know where to go from here, Ive pretty much done everything

I downloaded and now i cant install installer.app to get my mods back up. They need to update the firmware

If you want to be as sure as possible that your phone will update follow these steps.

1. Sync to iTunes

2. Restore

3. Update

Quote Originally Posted by toobit View Post
    I downloaded and now i cant install installer.app to get my mods back up. They need to update the firmware
    Installer is software, Apple updated the firmware, an updated software Installer will be forthcoming.
    Last edited by darngooddesign; 2007-09-28 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    ... TV out would be great for me to use in the car.
    Haha, you're one of those people that watch movies while they drive, aren't you? jp

Thanks for getting on this Dev Team!

What happened?
    E=mc^2+/-3db

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast