Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 Beta 2 Released To Developers

Thanks

It's gonna be nice to get my Internet working again.

Quote Originally Posted by ssfirme View Post
    Hopefully they hurry with tha jailbreak
    Imagine a thread where people don't make useless posts like this. Nah, wont happen until the kiddies go back to school.

I'm a high school teacher, so I guess no hope for me when "the kiddies go back to school." (:

BTW, I went to Psychic Friends Network and asked, "when is the next jailbreak coming out?"

They said, and I quote, "Don't feed the troll."!!!!!
    Senior

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    The jailbreak exploits a hardware flaw in the system, not software. Once the exploit is found, its only a matter of comparing file differences in the subsystem between jailbreaks.
    Actually I'm quite sure that Comex jailbreak employs a software exploit which is patchable. StealthBravo would be the one to chime in with certainty.

Comex JB is userland.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

kwickone (2010-07-28), LastSonOfKrypton (2010-07-28)

My iPhone is a Part of Me doomsday116's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NiteStar View Post
    I can't wait for 4.1. I'm sure they'll have the prox fix in it. And with my bumper on the way to my door as of this morning, I can worry a little less about dropped calls.
    You should have returned yours for a new one. If you have the death grip, why stay with it. Mine had the death grip and some proxy issues. My girls iPhone 4 doesn't have those problems so I knew something was wrong. Went to apple and explained to them my issues and got a new one. Now myiPhone has no problems
    Last edited by doomsday116; 2010-07-28 at 04:50 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ Drat, was hoping for something that might last longer...that's what she said

Either way, great work comex!
    kwickone I.T.H.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Comex JB is userland.
    Meaning software exploit right? Hence why it was patched in 4.0 for new bottom 3GS

My iPhone is a Part of Me headcheese's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GeeThreeForce View Post
    Ha! Guess our favorite jailbreakers will have to wait for the release of 4.1.
    comex already said he wasn't waiting

Man, I just tried to install 4.0.1 on my iPhone4 and it gave me an error and made me restore my iPhone4. That's so lame.

"estimated time remaining: 2 min."
    (it's said that for 10 minutes. f'me...)

Quote Originally Posted by UTPharmer View Post
    Man, I just tried to install 4.0.1 on my iPhone4 and it gave me an error and made me restore my iPhone4. That's so lame.

"estimated time remaining: 2 min."
    (it's said that for 10 minutes. f'me...)
    Why were you restoring your iPhone 4? Didn't you back up your 4.0 SHSH files? Mine are on Saurik's server & on my PC.

All 4.0.1 did was change the size of the bars and algorithm to calculate signal strength.

I'm still on 4.0 I heard the new bars are fugly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can't wait for the JB and unlock.. I haven't had an iPhone since the first. Went with a BlackBerry for some time because of the company I was working in. Freelance now so I bought the iPhone 4. Only problem I live in Dominican Republic, am anxious but I won't comment about it no more.
    4.0 a 4.0.1 Blobs saved. Also updated iTunes since some members of the Dev Team said it was ok.
    Last edited by tocaco; 2010-07-29 at 12:38 AM.

^
    It's okay to update iTunes? I can't find anything that says it's okay. Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    ^
    It's okay to update iTunes? I can't find anything that says it's okay. Got a link?
    Same here. I'm keeping iTunes where it's at now. I rarely update iTunes unless I have to.

I believe plantbeing said not to update to the new iTunes if you still want to jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    I believe plantbeing said not to update to the new iTunes if you still want to jailbreak
    That's what I thought

Of course that's what u thought -

Im hoping planet was just speaking about the current spirit jb. Like a doofus I updated itunes.
    Last edited by PWNsyst3m; 2010-07-29 at 04:53 AM.

I read a tweet from planet being that was a response to someone that asked if he did it, and he said it would work the same. If it doesn't, I've got my SHSH on file, and it doesn't much matter since there is not a baseband update. If I want to downgrade, I can, and my baseband isn't changed in the process at any point.

Please reference his twitter account for the following conversation:
    Twitter / Denis Zambrano: @planetbeing Did you updat ...
    Twitter / planetbeing: @Flaco185 I haven't update ...
    ////////////
    @planetbeing Did you update to 4.0.1 and does the unlock work on it? Havent received my iPhone4 yet so most likely it will be on 4.0.1.
    4:49 PM Jul 16th via web

Flaco185
    Denis Zambrano
    //////////////

@Flaco185 I haven't updated to it yet, but there's no baseband update so it should still be good.
    5:15 PM Jul 16th via web in reply to Flaco185
    //////////////////////////////////////
    //////////////////////////////////////
    And then this later update from planetbeing (http://twitter.com/planetbeing/status/19551850385):

I updated to 4.0.1. Yay, taller bars and the unlock still works fine out of the box.
    Mon Jul 26 2010 00:59:12 (Central Daylight Time) via web
    //////////////
    /////////////

I feel pretty safe.

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    I'm still on 4.0 I heard the new bars are fugly.
    Yes, yes they are.
    Last edited by UTPharmer; 2010-07-29 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok so quick question...how long til this 4.1 drops? i'm just curious cause i have to get a replacement for my ip4 but best buy has none in stock at the moment, once they get them in they will swap my phone...i'm assuming the newer stock will probably come with 4.0.1, but if it takes like two weeks before they get one for me, i'm curious if that maybe too late and 4.1 will be out...but i'm guessing even if 4.1 comes out by then they wont be on the newer handsets for awhile right?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast