Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Case Program

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Yes, committing fraud is the way to go.

Then when they change their replacement/warranty policies, you people will be the first to complain. Just because a company is doing good doesn't give you the right to fabricate a story to get a free replacement.

The only one that gets hurt from it is the consumer.

I mean if your phone has a legitimate issue you should go and get a fix/replacement, but lying about something to get rid of a scratch?
    True, it was somewhat shady and no I haven't done this countless times but the iPhone i recently exchanged was Freezing/ Stalling on me and I did accidentally end a handful of calls due to the Proximity sensor along with having issues with the answering and ending calls when taping the screen and my phone was getting stuck in Headphone mode A LOT. The scratch was the catalyst (which looked more like a hair line crack in the glass that was about 3 inches long and I couldn't figure out how it got there because I keep my phone in my case and have never dropped it or placed it on a hard surface w/o the case) that caused me to actually try to get one after dealing with these issues for a little while because I thought that the recent update would fix most of my issues, which it didn't (but the next update is supposed to address the overly sensitive proximity sensor issue). So no, not all of the story was fabricated just to get a new one just because of a scratch.

Maybe I should have explained the event better and in more detail from the get go but I was in a rush to finish the post because I had to leave to make an appointment. But after reading it again, it comes off as if I try to pull a fast one on Apple all the time for any and all reasons just to get me a new iPhone, which isnt the case.

True, fraud is not the way to go about things in life but I figured with all that was going on with the iphone in the news and media that now was my best chance to get it switched out easily. Plus, the Apple guy told me that he had several people come in that day noting similar issues.

The only other times I have had to exchange an iPhone was due to the headphone jack only playing music thru one side of the headphones and stereo speakers and a faulty screen that went all technofabulous on me by flashing colors and various line patterns like it was a strobe light at a club and the other times they told me they couldn't do anything due to "water damage" which was total BS because that phone never got water on it and they asked me if I had tried to take a call while in the shower lol in which I told them, no I don't use my iPhone as a rubber ducky while in the shower... my old PC phone is my rubber ducky.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

What the hell is up with the shipping?

Code:

BELKIN SHIELD MICRA, IPHONE 4, CLEAR-CAF

Ships: Aug 27
    Delivers Sep 1 by Standard Shipping
    September 1? really?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lintrix View Post
    What the hell is up with the shipping?

Code:

BELKIN SHIELD MICRA, IPHONE 4, CLEAR-CAF

Ships: Aug 27
    Delivers Sep 1 by Standard Shipping
    September 1? really?
    My confirmation email said the same thing. I already have a case for my iPhone (all be it turning yellow when it's supposed to be clear) so if that's how long it takes for apple to send me a free case then that's cool with me. Free is free and you can't beat that regardless of the shipping time frame.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    There are always ways to get a new iphone at the apple store if done right (and are still under warranty and do not have water damage or a cracked screen cause then your SOL) because 90% of the time the Apple employee's will want to avoid any problems and will give you a new one if they can't fix it.....

Just use the spill that I used "I have the death grip, its dropping call's, the proximity sensor acts up from time to time and causes me to end the call on accident, it's been freezing/lagging on me, When someone is calling me I try to hit the Answer button or the end call button within the call and it's not responding when I tap it, AND my iPhone is getting stuck in Headphone mode and It wont come out of the mode unless I restore my iPhone which I have had to do several times"........

It's a flawless plan of action which has worked for me several times (with the new iPhone [ I found a scratch on the back glass and this is what I did to get me a new one] as well as previous versions) and will work for most people if executed correctly.
    I wanted to exchange my phone, since there were so many people claiming newer phones didn't have any issues. I made an attempt at the Genius bar, and made a few things up, thinking it'd work better...

The employee hooked my phone up to a computer and ran tests on everything I said was wrong with it.

Needless to say, I walked out with the same phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered the Speck HD

Does anyone have any of these cases already, and know if they work with the invisible shield full body and sides? I really want something other than a bumper, but idk if they will work with my invisible shield.

Just called Apple to switch my Bumper order to a Speck Pixel Skin, they were nice about it and are going to try to do that. It seems like more protection and better compatibility with my full body invisible shield.
    Last edited by piston597; 2010-07-24 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Ya but it is acceptable when the company in question is not giving you a working product. If my phone requires a case, then later the newer models don't, then why shouldn't I get the newer working model? I mean free cases are nice, but this is no solution, its more of a bribe. I should be able to get a replacement phone if I have the death grip, I want the iPhone still, but Apple wont replace it, only return it (the return policy is up for me now). So here's where you make up a story when the company is being unreasonable.
    So you replace a phone that has a hardware issue with one that has the exact same hardware issue. They're not stealth-fixing this. They're not doing a recall. Don't get your hopes up hoping for a fix that isn't coming. The iPhone 4 excels over the 3Gs at picking up network strength. The attenuation from ONE spot in the design however is a glaring issue which only affects people in areas that have weaker signal. So your comment of "working product" is situational and locational at worst. A lot of us here included have had no issues whatsoever with our iPhone 4.

They're giving you a way out. If you choose to continue to hold the phone where the death grip is and live in an area where the attenuation is enough to drop your call, then it's your own damn fault.

The free cases are the ONLY solution Apple can offer. They can't just whip out a new design and call it a day. It'll take months before another production model with a better antenna is out at which point it's just better to wait until next summer, release the iPhone 5, and give early upgrades to iPhone 4 owners who have for some reason put up with a phone they hate for a year.

But don't go out of the way to defraud a company because you have some sense of entitlement for your phone to be perfect. They messed up. They gave you options at their expense. That's a hell of a lot more than other companies would do.

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Does anyone have any of these cases already, and know if they work with the invisible shield full body and sides? I really want something other than a bumper, but idk if they will work with my invisible shield.

Just called Apple to switch my Bumper order to a Speck Pixel Skin, they were nice about it and are going to try to do that. It seems like more protection and better compatibility with my full body invisible shield.
    YouTube - metagamers's Channel

This channel has video reviews for a couple of them including the PixelSkin HD. It looks pretty nice.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 2010-07-24 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

Wilbourn (2010-07-24)

So you replace a phone that has a hardware issue with one that has the exact same hardware issue. They're not stealth-fixing this. They're not doing a recall. Don't get your hopes up hoping for a fix that isn't coming. The iPhone 4 excels over the 3Gs at picking up network strength. The attenuation from ONE spot in the design however is a glaring issue which only affects people in areas that have weaker signal. So your comment of "working product" is situational and locational at worst. A lot of us here included have had no issues whatsoever with our iPhone 4.

They're giving you a way out. If you choose to continue to hold the phone where the death grip is and live in an area where the attenuation is enough to drop your call, then it's your own damn fault.

The free cases are the ONLY solution Apple can offer. They can't just whip out a new design and call it a day. It'll take months before another production model with a better antenna is out at which point it's just better to wait until next summer, release the iPhone 5, and give early upgrades to iPhone 4 owners who have for some reason put up with a phone they hate for a year.

But don't go out of the way to defraud a company because you have some sense of entitlement for your phone to be perfect. They messed up. They gave you options at their expense. That's a hell of a lot more than other companies would do.

YouTube - metagamers's Channel

This channel has video reviews for a couple of them including the PixelSkin HD. It looks pretty nice.

No, I'm not exchanging my iPhone 4 at all, I mean I did, but that was when I had the proximity issue. And I am saying you SHOULD be able to replace your phone if it has the reception issue, since Apple's take only .05% of customers do. So that really shouldn't be a problem rather than giving out cases to everyone (OVER 1.7 MILLION OWNERS). And as a customer who spent over $400 on their product, I do have an entitlement to a WORKING product, that does not require any ad-on unless stated before buying the product. And the option they gave lasts until September 30th, to which Steve said they will have a long term solution or keep with the cases. IF they do have a fix, and aren't offering an exchange, then it is the only time you can do that. I understand they are doing a lot by offering a case, but I am out of my 30 day grace period, now stuck with the iPhone 4 (which I love and will always use, death grip or no death grip). I'm just a little mad at their solution, just throwing cases at us and expecting us to take it.

PS Thanks for the site, I decided to go with the Pixel Skin, as I don't want my invisible shield to bubble on installation of the case. Looks pretty nice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by General Klinger View Post
    I ordered the Speck HD
    The same here, but check out when my shipping date is, OUCH!! I'm glad I have a case already, though it's not as nice as this one.

SPECK PIXELSKIN HD IPHONE 4 - BLACK-ZML$0.001$0.00
    Ships: Sep 20
    Delivers Sep 23
    by Standard Shipping
    Part Number: H2336ZM/A

Subtotal$0.00
    Estimated Tax$0.00

Order Total$0.00

easy app, easy process, long wait to get a bumper - delivers september 1.

Twitter = @mactwisted

A little off topic but is it just the bumper that they aren't selling in stores anymore(because of this)? If I could buy the other ones in stores I'd rather pay for them then wait till September for a free one...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Oh boy. Yippee. A free case that we only have to wait more than a month to even receive. Meanwhile you get to suffer with your problem. Awesome!

Seriously Apple? This is your "solution"? Free cases that won't arrive for over a MONTH? Well done!

If u really want to at least LOOK like u give a damn Steve......just give everybody their choice of case....third party or not. Anything from the cheap skins to the $80+ Vapor 4 case.

If you're gonna just have us use a case to fix the issue then it might as well be one that we want and not the ones you have pre-selected.

anybody got the links to the cases to see them? I ordered the Incase and can't find it online

The incase snap is an unreleased model. It's not available elsewhere. The closest thing to it is the SwitchEasy Nude.

My iPhone is a Part of Me doomsday116's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess getting a replacement was the best way to go. I did have issues with the death grip and proxy sensor just didn't know how o go about it...Now my new iPhone has no death grip and no proxy sensor issues. I guess it is true what they say about the first ones that come out, they always have some type of problem. I'll still take that free bumper...lol...
    Last edited by doomsday116; 2010-07-24 at 04:33 PM.

Hi Everyone,

I live in London and was just checking my bank account and noticed that my account has been credited 25.00.

I haven't even asked about a refund for my bumper so it looks like Apple are automatically refunding people - NICE!!

Hope everyones well

Dan

Is this right? I thought shipping was 3-5 weeks, just checked my order for the Speck PixelSkin HD, and it says ships October 20th and Delivers October 26th, wtf? Thats 14 freaking weeks?!?! Apple really screws this up too don't they??

My order has just been shipped for black Bumper, even though when i placed the order on Friday, it said estimated shipping 3-5 weeks!

Looks like Apple were just covering themselves with the 3-5 week estimate.

Im in the UK btw and bought my iPhone 4 32GB sim free direct from apple the day it was released

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast