Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Geohot Ready With Jailbreak Release?

Did I say I was going to brick it? Nope. But after geohotz and his actions, I'm not ready to trust him right now. So, I'll avoid any hiccups and possible maliciousness where I see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    Yeah because we all know if something happens it's not like you couldn't just RESTORE IT. oh yeah, you can. I love all these people talking about bricking their ****. And please tell me when has someone seen a bricked iPhone from jailbreaking mishap? Oh yeah maybe one of the first ones in 2007 and not since.

IS THIS TRUE???? (from his twiter)

#Geohot did not die, he is alive. Will have an update about actual #Jailbreak this weekend.

whaaat waaat

Quote Originally Posted by greekking23 View Post
    Pathetic. Leave the guy alone. I don't see what is making you so angry and you're making yourself look like a jackass
    Thanks for the compliment

As far as I'm concerned, I'll say to each his/her own. To those saying Geohot pulled his stunt just so he could work quietly, I say that's a load of BS!!

The DevTeam I'm pretty sure have equally been receiving as much pain from impatient JB'ers, and they still stomached it and are still here for us...and even taking time to explain things and TALK!

IMHO, if there's any truth to this, I'd say he's just begging for attention as the spotlight is no longer on him....he can keep his rain or w/ever...if he does release anything, I'm more than content to wait on the DevTeam (like I always have). I won't be using anything geohot releases unless the DevTeam say otherwise!

Even though I know there's no race to any finish line, I sure hope the DevTeam beat him to the release of the JB and unlock tool for the iphone 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

And Lebron isn't tempermental about people asking him to deliver.

Geohot's twitter is back up and he has an "actual jailbreak update" coming this weekend. I'm hoping this is the release we have all been waiting for and not more BS.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FerrariCUBU For This Useful Post:

Bassface (2010-07-21)

Quote Originally Posted by starbuckpga1 View Post
    seriously, release it if your going to. If not, then go back to the hole you climbed in a week or so ago when you said you were leaving.
    word

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greekking23 View Post
    Did I say I was going to brick it? Nope. But after geohotz and his actions, I'm not ready to trust him right now. So, I'll avoid any hiccups and possible maliciousness where I see fit.
    I don't think you understand how much trouble someone could get for doing what you are thinking. Why would anyone who brought all the criticism on himself feel the need for "revenge" like you are suggesting could happen?

Yeah because we all know if something happens it's not like you couldn't just RESTORE IT. oh yeah, you can. I love all these people talking about bricking their ****. And please tell me when has someone seen a bricked iPhone from jailbreaking mishap? Oh yeah maybe one of the first ones in 2007 and not since.
    I don't think he would but for the sake of argument, these guys are capable of making the iPhone do all sort of **** it wasn't intended to do, you think they aren't capable of totally bricking an iPhone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

No, because DFU mode is built into the hardware. It's like a recovery partition, you can't get to it.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

And you know what? First of all it comes with the territory. Second, IT'S HIS OWN FAULT FOR TALKING ABOUT IT BEING READY BUT HE JUST DIDN'T WANT RO RELEASE IT. IF HE WANTED TO BE LEFT ALONE HE WOULD HAVE DONE MANY, MANY THINGS DIFFERENT. First and foremost not act like a child.
    He never once talked about it being ready. The only thing he did was update his personal blog to show that he had successfuly jailbroken his new iPhone 4. Being able to jailbreak it and making that jailbreak ready for release are two entirely different things.

Thank you by the way for typing in all caps, it gets your point across much better

Thanks
    Damn, it just got sunny in the UK.

@Starbuck - true that
    And pm5k brings up a good point

Thanks

Oh my god...

Sometimes, I wished that jailbreaking didn't exist...Too much trolls, too much drama queens.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to awesomeSlayer For This Useful Post:

soulthoughts (2010-07-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Kariodude View Post
    1. Who is Mike? Seriously? Pay attention.

2. GeoHot is a drama queen? Why are you attacking someone you don't even know? He's just some guy that decided to do a jailbreak for free for everyone and people get mad that he doesn't release what you want when you want it.

3. $700 phone? Hahahahaha, why did you pay that much?

4. "We all deserve a jb." You can't be serious. We don't deserve anything. We aren't entitled to jailbreaking our phones. We're lucky that we're able to unlock and jailbreak phones at all, but it certainly isn't a right.
    I couldn't agree more. We don't deserve jailbreaks. We didnt purchase the rights to jb. These people work extremely hard to jb and we just enjoy the fruits of their labors. It's like someone gives you a porsche and you ***** because he didn't give you free oil changes with it. And now you have to change the windshiel wipers. Just enjoy what they give us. Yes the million tweets are annoying, but it's a small price to pay for a free jb.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    Oh my god...

Sometimes, I wished that jailbreaking didn't exist...Too much trolls, too much drama queens.
    How dare you, jailbreaking is why most of us have these Apple devices (still)

Thanks

Planetbeing posted word on twitter...maybe people should be following that...
    continue to be patient and gracious. As we all know for a fact that him, comex and musclenerd are hustling their a$$es!
    Last edited by tremerone; 2010-07-21 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidanski View Post
    How dare you, jailbreaking is why most of us have these Apple devices (still)
    It's basically the blame on the jailbreak community.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Yeah, cause just this past Saturday I was at a bar and told some chics I released my own Jailbreak tool and they jumped on my pole so fast it was insane! I had to beat the women off they were so wet from all the nerdy talk.
    thats what his myspace says, you fool.

What a bunch of whining babies.

Geohot has a jailbreak and Comex has a jailbreak. We don't. They can dangle it in front of the world or they can keep quiet about it. Who cares, they can do whatever they want. They don't have to share anything at all.

All this kiddies who just know how is whine and beg is making this scene look ridiculous. I'm sure all of the negativity from the 3.1.3 babies brought on the negativity from geohot. This guy has been in the scene for years and he always delivered. If he decided to leave now, it is not because of him, it is because of all of the babies in the scene.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast