Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Handy Light Hides a Free Tethering App

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    See this pic: Whoops! - TinyGrab

I think if apps are pulled from the app store and are no longer for sale, they should be able to be mentioned they can be found "elsewhere". This is not an app that will be sold anywhere again so it is stealing from noone. I found it and it works nicely
    exactly what i said but then they delete your posts about not mentioning places to get it from. its not a big secret anyhow, everyone knows what it is and how to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

fyi for anyone looking to get this working with the ipad, it is possible, its just kind of tedious setting up the profile the first time around:

Edited - Meef has updated instructions posted below
    Last edited by x999x; 2010-07-21 at 08:20 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ I'm uploading a youtube video now, will be ready in about an hour. will update this thread and the walkthrough with the link.
    (I am meef at macrumors, please refer to the instructions here instead, they have been revised:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/ipad-jailbr...nother-pc.html )

If apple yanked it, did they killswitch it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katmeef View Post
    ^^ I'm uploading a youtube video now, will be ready in about an hour. will update this thread and the walkthrough with the link.
    (I am meef at macrumors, please refer to the instructions here instead, they have been revised:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/ipad-jailbr...nother-pc.html )
    youtube video of tether between handy light and ipad without PC: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcBm0eaPBZE]YouTube - Handy Light tethering to iPad from non-jailbroke iPhone without PC[/ame]

Any better than mywi?

Thanks

mywi is better in all regards, but this can be used on an iphone on 4.0 that's not jailbroke.

Can u tell me where I can find this app

Thanks

you can't anymore on a non-jailbroke phone as apple pulled it.
    if you're jailbroke there's no point getting it as you can use MyWI which is better

So the people that got the program still can use it? And there is not away obtain the app no more?

Thanks

yes people who got it in the window can use it still, but there's no way to get it on a non-jailbroke iphone anymore (and no point if you're jailbroke)

Cause I have an iPad that is jailbroken with mywi and all I have to do is insert my sim from my iPhone 4 and I get Internet but still cannot get wifi from it yet and this app on my iPhone would be nice so I can use my phone and my iPad without sim card swap

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ya know making this public news on forums just makes it 50x easier for apple to find it

Thanks

it was posted on this forum hours after it was up on other sites, FWIW. we weren't the primary culprit for it's getting pulled.

The app is gone and won't be on sale anymore, yes. That doesn't mean we can talk or discuss how to now obtain it so stop asking, talking, mentioning, or thinking about it.

And before anyone asks why: unless you tell me of a site that ONLY deals with apps that have been removed from the appstore and are no longer available and NOTHING ELSE, then yeah I guess you could mention it. Except you can't because just sharing/linking a legit .ipa won't fly either because it needs to be in your account for it to load so just don't. Mentioning where you can now find this app means you're mentioning where to find ANY app, which we do not condone.

I repeat, don't.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 2010-07-21 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

I bought it yesterday but haven't been able to setup with windows XP - please if any body knows how to - I would appreciate it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well that one was removed fast!!!
    Missed it..

It's still there just got it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    The app is gone and won't be on sale anymore, yes. That doesn't mean we can talk or discuss how to now obtain it so stop asking, talking, mentioning, or thinking about it.

And before anyone asks why: unless you tell me of a site that ONLY deals with apps that have been removed from the appstore and are no longer available and NOTHING ELSE, then yeah I guess you could mention it. Except you can't because just sharing/linking a legit .ipa won't fly either because it needs to be in your account for it to load so just don't. Mentioning where you can now find this app means you're mentioning where to find ANY app, which we do not condone.

I repeat, don't.

Well said; nice explination.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Goliegold29 View Post
    It's still there just got it
    couldnt find it, i tried a number of different countries thru itunes searches. I heard japan still had it earlier this morning

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast