Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 275

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 4 Activation Without Original SIM Card

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    First of all did u change the settings on iTunes?
    Yes. Changede language to UK. Tried India and Canada incl. restart. Not working.

    Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    Nope i didn't have any sim card in it to activate with the iTunes method, once I bought the phone from apple(no contract, just the phone), went home open the box, open iTunes with settings already changed, connected the iphone4 and it got activated, it passed the emergency screen. And to see if it actually worked, I turned off the phone and turned it back on and it works just fine, it was still activated.
    ok. When I try that Itunes says "There is no SIM card installed in the iPhone you are attempting to activate"

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Budweis View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I try. I just paid for a AT&T card on ebay. Hope it will work from Europe
    well let us know how it went, as far as know, it shouldnt work since AT&T sim card only works with iPhones from the USA and not European ones, for those you would need DITS Phonebook card.

  3. #163
    Default US Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzungu View Post
    well let us know how it went, as far as know, it shouldnt work since AT&T sim card only works with iPhones from the USA and not European ones, for those you would need DITS Phonebook card.
    Hey Mzungu,

    Just to make it clear. The iPhone 4 is importet from the US. The phone is an no commitment phone locked to US AT&T. I brought it via ebay from a seller that brought the phone from Apple.

    But I live in europe. The DITS card did not work, so I hope I can activate the phone with the AT&T sim card.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Budweis View Post
    Hey Mzungu,

    Just to make it clear. The iPhone 4 is importet from the US. The phone is an no commitment phone locked to US AT&T. I brought it via ebay from a seller that brought the phone from Apple.

    But I live in europe. The DITS card did not work, so I hope I can activate the phone with the AT&T sim card.
    Tried the DITS card and the AT&T card both did not work. DITS card shows a white screen with a word iphone, the AT&T card goes back to enter the SSN info. Any other suggestions? This really sucks man.

  5. #165
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    HAWAII
    Posts
    258
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Budweis View Post
    Yes. Changede language to UK. Tried India and Canada incl. restart. Not working.



    ok. When I try that Itunes says "There is no SIM card installed in the iPhone you are attempting to activate"
    did you also change the country on itunes?
    change the language to UK which you already did, then click on itunes store, then scroll down and click on change country under the manage column and change the country to canada, then plug in your iphone and tell me how it goes.

  6. #166
    Default ITunes method
    Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    did you also change the country on itunes?
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    change the language to UK which you already did, then click on itunes store, then scroll down and click on change country under the manage column and change the country to canada, then plug in your iphone
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    and tell me how it goes.
    Dit not work. If there is no sim in the Phone Itunes notice that, if the PhoneBook card is in an Itunes logo shows up, and with my local carrier sim card it tells me that the card is not supportet.

  7. #167
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    HAWAII
    Posts
    258
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    I'm sorry to say, but I don't know what's wrong with it, It worked for me.
    hmm, maybe it's because u live in europe?? I don't know...

  8. #168
    You can buy directly from our website DITS | Phone Book Card 3 in 1 - buy phonebook card, phonebook card, phone book card, dits phonebook card, activate iPhone 3g, 3gs, 4g, ipad, test card, test sim card, iphone activation card

    Our this website is dedicated for Phonebook Card only.

    We Accept payments via Paypal and Ship Worldwide via UPS Express Service reaching you within 4-5 Working days.

    Regards, DITS.

  9. #169
    its cheaper on ebay (and safer) :P

  10. #170
    Default DITS card
    Please read my postings. I already brought a DITS 3 in 1 Phonebook card but the method is not working. The card works fine but not for activation. Please see posting #123. Kiba283īs video shows exactly what happens.

    Ps. The phone is a Iphone 4 no commitment brought from Apple US.

  11. #171
    I reached the seller that sold me the DITS card and he says that his team wasn't able to find out what the problem might be and could only think that its a bad sim. I saw their video showing that they activate the actual iphone 4 so i know it definitely works. They're sending me a new one to test it out, will update with the result after tested.

  12. #172
    Default DITS card
    Quote Originally Posted by jj0ez View Post
    I reached the seller that sold me the DITS card and he says that his team wasn't able to find out what the problem might be and could only think that its a bad sim. I saw their video showing that they activate the actual iphone 4 so i know it definitely works. They're sending me a new one to test it out, will update with the result after tested.
    Where is your phone brought? There are 2 kinds of Iphone 4's in the US, one that is bought through Apple and one that is bought through another party like AT&T or Bestbuy. The iphone 4's that come direct from any Apple store are locked to the original account holders ID (SS# etc), the other kind are not locked in the same way. I donīt think the Phonebook card can activate the phone if it is locked to the sellers account. But I really hope that it will work.

  13. #173
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    finally, i was able to activate my iphone 3gs 32gb, the iphone activation card i bought on ebay worked, its not a DITS card, but i searched for 'iphone activation card' on ebay and it shipped from hong kong, came within a week and it worked. now my iphone is jailbroken, unlocked and glorious. thanks to the op, and NO thanks to the guy who said a O2 card will work, cost me $11 at bestbuy...

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopetobuyiphone For This Useful Post:

    Budweis (2010-07-31), foureyez (2010-08-05)

  15. #174
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Jeffwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Under the Bridge
    Posts
    150
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Can you buy an iphone4 without a new 2 year contract and activate it this way?

  16. #175
    Hello all, my first post here.
    I have just one question.
    My friend bought iPhone 4 for me in USA (Apple retail store), commitment free, and I will get it in 10 days. So I am interested will I be able to activate it from iTunes without SSN and other details. Btw I am from Europe.
    I am very gratefull for your answers in advance.

  17. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by besirovic View Post
    Hello all, my first post here.
    I have just one question.
    My friend bought iPhone 4 for me in USA (Apple retail store), commitment free, and I will get it in 10 days. So I am interested will I be able to activate it from iTunes without SSN and other details. Btw I am from Europe.
    I am very gratefull for your answers in advance.
    How much does it cost in USA commitment free?

  18. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    How much does it cost in USA commitment free?
    It is 760$ for 32Gb version

  19. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by besirovic View Post
    It is 760$ for 32Gb version
    thnx for the info bro. btw to u know the price for 16gb version? and is this factory unlocked version available in all apple stores?

    i cant see any factory unlocked version in apple online store. :S
    Last edited by dying4004; 2010-07-31 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    thnx for the info bro. btw to u know the price for 16gb version? and is this factory unlocked version available in all apple stores?

    i cant see any factory unlocked version in apple online store. :S
    It is not factory ulocked, it is still for att network only but without commitment. I think that 16Gb model is 650$.

  21. #180
    Default Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by besirovic View Post
    Hello all, my first post here.
    I have just one question.
    My friend bought iPhone 4 for me in USA (Apple retail store), commitment free, and I will get it in 10 days. So I am interested will I be able to activate it from iTunes without SSN and other details. Btw I am from Europe.
    I am very gratefull for your answers in advance.
    I donít think so - but maybe you got more luck than me I got an Iphone 4 from USA (Apple Store) and I canít activate the phone without SSN etc. Maybe the DITS card I tried was defect, but it did not work.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •