Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Activation Without Original SIM Card

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

kan yu here me no. I not past your test.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Now will this bypass method keep the Push Notifications intact so you can actually receive them?

I recall the hackivated iPhones had problems with Push Notifications.

Thanks

You can use a non activated sim card to activate the damn phone I have a couple of old AT&T sim cards one of them still say Cingular and u can use redsnow to activate so its not a big deal well at least with me activation is not my concern im waiting for the new JB for iphone 4

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smooth22 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-07-20)

So, this doesn't work with an iPhone 2g? This is the exact same issue i've been dealing with for a while: getting past the activation screen.

If this doesn't work, is there any similar method that does (that doesn't require going into DFU mode? because I cannot get into DFU with this activation issue)

Quote Originally Posted by swoosh0217 View Post
    I have a brand new iPhone 4 never been activated. I don't want to restore to 4.0.1 even if the baseband is the same as 4.0 . Lets seeif I can try restoring it to 4.0
    You can not restore to 4.0 because 4.0.1 is out now. The only way to do it would have been if you saved you shsh files but I'm pretty sure there isnt even a guide out for that yet.

I doubt restoring it back to 4.0 will actually pass the activation screen.
    How can you say that if you didnt even try? Beats the hell out of being stuck at the activation screen and not being able to do anything.

Ontop of that this morning I did a DFU restore to 4.0.1 on that iphone 4 just to verify that it will work to help you out. And I used an old sim that was cut down to a micro sim too.

What reason do you got not to try?

Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    You can not restore to 4.0 because 4.0.1 is out now. The only way to do it would have been if you saved you shsh files but I'm pretty sure there isnt even a guide out for that yet.

How can you say that if you didnt even try? Beats the hell out of being stuck at the activation screen and not being able to do anything.

Ontop of that this morning I did a DFU restore to 4.0.1 on that iphone 4 just to verify that it will work to help you out. And I used an old sim that was cut down to a micro sim too.

What reason do you got not to try?
    I saved my SHSH file on Saurik server. I restored my iPhone with the same 4.0 firmware and it worked. The problem is that Im back to the same screen where its asking for the original owners info (Activation part). So the restore did not work for me.

So let me get this straight... The phone you restored this morning was a brand new never activated iPhone 4?

Did you purchased that phone through ATT or Apple and is registered with your name and number?

Were you able to bypass the activation part after restoring it to 4.0.1 (if indeed this is the first initial activation)

Default iPhone 4 activation issue
    Dear All

I just got an iPhone 4 from eBay. It is UK model MC605B/A. It should be factory unlocked but when i connect to itunes, it says your sim card is not supported. I have tried 3 different sims but same error. Please advice what should i do now?

Can this model be locked as all my other friends who have same model number are factory unlocked.

I am in UAE now, so dont know how to call apple support. Please advice.

Thanks

does anyone know where to get one of those sims? cant find it anywhere online.

Default yes
    Quote Originally Posted by masarripa View Post
    does anyone know where to get one of those sims? cant find it anywhere online.
    I have posted a link on page 6 or 7... READ the other pages...

Quote Originally Posted by zeeshee View Post
    Dear All

I just got an iPhone 4 from eBay. It is UK model MC605B/A. It should be factory unlocked but when i connect to itunes, it says your sim card is not supported. I have tried 3 different sims but same error. Please advice what should i do now?

Can this model be locked as all my other friends who have same model number are factory unlocked.

I am in UAE now, so dont know how to call apple support. Please advice.

Thanks
    Zeeshee, I also bought an iPhone in the UK, but I have returned it because of the anthenna thing. while I was doing the return, I found out that the iphone from the UK must be activated with o2. Read around your account information on Apple's website, its somewhere.

you guys think that this activation would work also with any NON-activated sim card from any carrier?
    Last edited by Mzungu; 2010-07-20 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    finally bought one of those cards yesterday, almost positive it will work, no need to pay $39 for a DITS card, just go to ebay and look for "iphone activation card", any one of those will do, they are shipped from china/hong kong so it will take time to come in, last time it took me 5 days for a LCD to come through.. i paid $17 including shipping, chose a micro-sim with adapter so that i can use it in 3g or iphone 4 models.. the guy i bought it from has many of it, so even if you dont win the bid, i think he is making second chance offers to all those who bid. so just go ahead and bid the min price and i am sure you will get it.

I saved my SHSH file on Saurik server. I restored my iPhone with the same 4.0 firmware and it worked. The problem is that Im back to the same screen where its asking for the original owners info (Activation part). So the restore did not work for me.

So let me get this straight... The phone you restored this morning was a brand new never activated iPhone 4?

Did you purchased that phone through ATT or Apple and is registered with your name and number?

Were you able to bypass the activation part after restoring it to 4.0.1 (if indeed this is the first initial activation)

Did you do a DFU restore though(with the black screen)? So you are saying you saved you shsh file with tiny umbrella and then edit your host files and was able restore back to 4.0 on your iphone 4???

A few weeks ago:
    • Iphone 4 4.0 already activated with original sim card
    • Restore button was click through itunes to wipe data and set to default (not a DFU restore)
    • Put in random sim and enter random information -> phone did not activate
    • Put in original sim and enter correct phone number -> phone activated

Yesterday:
    • Iphone 4 4.0 already activated
    • DFU restore to 4.0.1
    • Cut old AT&T sim to micro sim
    • hooked up to itunes and it activated without asking for anything

Are you sure you did the DFU restore?

ok here are my 2 cents.

Iphone 3Gs 3.1.3 new baseband (05.12.01)
    tried with a simcard (unactivated) from Claro (Argentina).
    it didnt work.

I will buy the excatly same sim card Sherif used on the video and see what happens.

just did this with DITS iphone activation card in bangladesh. card costed me 10 dollars. simple and straight forward way. cheers sherif.

DoesNt it just open for you even if you insert nonworking AT&T sim?? I know it doesn't activate but still you can get pass by emergancy screen right??

That's what I do all the time. I been never locked out compeletly
    Last edited by flintoff; 2010-07-20 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    just did this with DITS iphone activation card in bangladesh. card costed me 10 dollars. simple and straight forward way. cheers sherif.

Can you please detail EXACTLY what you did?

I have a AT&T-bound 16GB iPhone 4 from the US (am staying in Delhi) - I cut the DITS card down to size, popped it in the phone, and connected to iTunes... and... nothing happens! It doesn't give me a sim error on-screen, nor does it tell me to enter in any details. It just stays on a blank screen with 'iTunes' in front of me, nothing else happens!

Am I missing something? Look forward to your guys' help - i've been ripping my hair out all day because of this!!

Does it show you the activation screen? If it doesn't and it will let you browse through your phone as far as your music,video etc. Then you're good to go...

Default nope
    Quote Originally Posted by flintoff View Post
    DoesNt it just open for you even if you insert nonworking AT&T sim?? I know it doesn't activate but still you can get pass by emergancy screen right??

That's what I do all the time. I been never locked out compeletly
    Not in my case mate, I made sure to buy a nonworking "unactivated pay as you go"(as they call it here) sim card from this Argentinean carrier and it didnt work.

my phone is from Europe but I'm not sure from where. I will buy the Dits and see if I can pass thru the emergency call screen so I can sell it.

Does it show you the activation screen? If it doesn't and it will let you browse through your phone as far as your music,video etc. Then you're good to go...
    Nope!!

Here's what happens when I put the below sims in:

My Local carrier's sim - tells me the sim is not supported, as normal

AT&T Sim - asks me to verify my home zip code and SSN to activate the phone

DITS Phonebook Card - when I plug in the phone with this card, the iPhone will show up on the left bar under 'Devices' but nothing will happen past this! On the right (main) screen, I just see a white screen with 'iPhone' in the middle.

Here's a photo to show you what I mean...

Last edited by kiba283; 2010-07-20 at 08:46 PM.

@kiba283- that is sooo weird. First time I've heard this. Did you restart itunes? Maybe try reinstalling itunes. Did you save your SHSH file thru saurik server?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast