Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iChatr Pulled From App Store Over "Inappropriate" Use

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blufox View Post
    Parental Control ! Parental Control ! Parental Control !

Ugh. People learn to use it. If your minor sees something inappropriate it is your own damn fault. Even I know better than to hand my daughter my phone with anything that could be questionable accessible to her.

On a lighter note ... Let's all be big brothers here and make them show ID before flashing our junk at them! ( Don't forget to screenshot it so that you can CYA. I knew Apple built that feature in for a reason ... )
    So you take away your daughters ipod or iPad. No one is arguing parent control. Nor was I arguing for removal. Parent control or not sick a$$holes screaming it's parents fault for not locking them up till their of age is not justification for them to pray on kids! Interesting thought though...teenagers shouldn't have a life or phones. I think sick discusting predators shouldn't live. How about them apples?

But you are correct! Only I would word it parent involvement and communication. And leave the rest that out smart the kids or parents on this to Smith and Wesson. Now that would be a cool app. Oh well until then guess the anologue version will do. ;-)

So, does no one know where you can get it still?

Or other removed apps?

Thanks

Dude why did that cute girl talk to the funny looking guy?

what is the name of this program on cydia?!?!?!?!?
    Unlocked 1 Generation iPhone
    Using T-Mobile service
    1.1.4 version

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoso10 View Post
    iCreep fail
    That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    So you take away your daughters ipod or iPad. No one is arguing parent control. Nor was I arguing for removal. Parent control or not sick a$ screaming it's parents fault for not locking them up till their of age is not justification for them to pray on kids! Interesting thought though...teenagers shouldn't have a life or phones. I think sick discusting predators shouldn't live. How about them apples?

But you are correct! Only I would word it parent involvement and communication. And leave the rest that out smart the kids or parents on this to Smith and Wesson. Now that would be a cool app. Oh well until then guess the anologue version will do. ;-)
    I don't mean take it away from them. I mean setting limits on their iTunes account to not allow adult material. All of the questionable apps get blocked out that way. And you are also taking this whole thing in such an extremist way ... All because a person is a pervert, sexual deviate, etc. does not make them a predator. You probably cross more true 'predators' at your local Wal-Mart, than you do on these apps. Don't close your mind. There are men, and women alike, that do enjoy things like you are seeing on these apps. That is their choice. All because you see some 20-60yr old wanking on an app, does not mean he is a sexual predator hoping to catch your 10yr old niece on this app.

damn wish i woulda downloaded it

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I bet someone found Mr. Jobs flashing his goods lol

This sucks, I had a girl undress for me and mess around for a good while. Too bad I cant share any screenshots...unless I maybe blur them out. lol

As a parent I wouldn't want my kids exposed to this. But I don't agree with an app being removed for morality reasons. Morality is fluid and what is moral to some is different to others. Apple is not my kids parent I am. And thats the way it should be. A corporation should not judge morality. Parents are just being lazy. I personally get involved in anything my daughter and son do so I can monitor what they are exposed too. To say that an app shouldn't be available because it "might" be used inopropriate is bunk. safari can be used to see all those type of images. Put a warning lable on it and leave the rest to the parents.

Jesus what do people expect from a random video chat service? Sunday school? Get real.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol I have this app, downloaded it last week sometime. It was fun to mess around with for a few minutes but then got kinda boring. And to my surprise i didn't see any guys showing me their junk, I got lucky. This is just the mobile version of Chat Roulette, which is 95% guys showing their junk. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    I saw this app in the app store and all I could think of was the Tosh.0 episode with Chatroulette lol.... it was only a matter of time before this would happen

Thats the same think i thought lol... I don't know why anyone would be suprised, when you release an app like this yuo have to expect the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Blufox View Post
    Parental Control ! Parental Control ! Parental Control !

Ugh. People learn to use it. If your minor sees something inappropriate it is your own damn fault. Even I know better than to hand my daughter my phone with anything that could be questionable accessible to her.

On a lighter note ... Let's all be big brothers here and make them show ID before flashing our junk at them! ( Don't forget to screenshot it so that you can CYA. I knew Apple built that feature in for a reason ... )

Exactly, everyone is calling people pervs because kids are on there. Why would a kid have his own apple account to download anything. And if you paid any attention to what your kids are doing no matter what the rating was you would have to know where this app was going. Denied little one!!
    Last edited by thor740; 2010-07-18 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone jeffglenellen's Avatar
    Thanks

Lmao,wouldn't the "exposers" just do the same thing with Facetime?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffglenellen View Post
    Think of all the new names people will give facetime...

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    next update Apple will be pulling Face from iphone 4, because people tend to abuse it, rather than use in the proper way. just watch lol

hahahahaaha your so right i bet they will

Quote Originally Posted by jeffglenellen View Post
    FaceTime is not public. You have to know the other user to contact them. *** Edited some useless information that wasn't quite right! :]

Moral of the story ... If your developing, inquisitive children want to see inappropriate things, you have to be proactive. They will find ways around everything. Blocking one app won't even slow them down in the slightest. It just stops the people that were intending to use it for their own reasons in the first place.

We don't all fit in the same moral bubble. Some of us stray, and we should be able to do so on our own accord.
    Last edited by Blufox; 2010-07-21 at 04:38 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Blufox For This Useful Post:

jeffglenellen (2010-07-18)

That's why we have chat roulette on our computers

Photoswap works similarly but it also had a report button in which you could flag anyone doing something inappropriate. After a couple of flags they'd suspend usage for a couple of hours/days and if you get getting flags they'd outright ban your phone.

Did this had no way of reporting people?

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast